|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
2. Whitman realizes he was still not happen when he heard _________ and was received well at the capitol.
(a) His voice.
(b) His name.
(c) His poem.
3. Who does Whitman point out are subordinated at their tasks during "Calamus"?
(a) No one.
4. Who leaves natural breaths, the sounds of rains and winds, calls as the birds and animals in the woods?
(a) The birds.
(b) The mothers.
(c) Red aborigines.
(d) The Gods.
5. What do the lovers who exit the room after the night leave over baskets, swelling the house with their plenty?
(c) White towels.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman believes there is terrible doubt in _____________, there is uncertainty and the possibility of being deluded.
2. To what state does Whitman promise to know very well after traveling to it?
3. Whitman calls the ostent evanescent the substances of a/an _________ mood or savan's studies long.
4. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
5. Whitman finds he is larger and better than he thought. He did not know he held so much ___________.
This section contains 214 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)