|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is singing the varied carols which Whitman can hear as mentioned in a poem which reveals the answer?
2. What color is the water in the poem, "In Cabin'd Ships at Sea," as it moves around the boat?
3. Whitman finds he is larger and better than he thought. He did not know he held so much ___________.
4. With another man, Whitman writes, he dilates and fuses the immortal laws and makes himself by them the _______ unto himself.
5. What did Whitman once feel was impassive, ample, and spheric in nature, though he is changing his mind?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sort of bird caused Whitman to stop and open listen to it opening its throat and joyfully singing?
2. Whitman ponders where he actually knows anything of his own ________ as he thinks about the biography of another.
3. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
4. What will Whitman plant as thick as trees along all the rivers of America and along the shores of all the great lakes?
5. What did Whitman used to pull up from the water when he lived in his hometown during the summer months?
This section contains 229 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)