|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do the lovers who exit the room after the night leave over baskets, swelling the house with their plenty?
(a) White towels.
2. In what state did Whitman see the live-oak growing, and named a poem after this occurrence?
3. Whitman says he will make a true ________ which will earn for the body and mind whatever sticks and does not droop in death.
4. Whitman says that he is not sure, but the high soul of lovers welcomes _______ most.
5. The ___________ is equal with the male according to Whitman in the first page of his poetry book?
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman raises a _____________ hand to all who he mentions in his poem, making the signal to remain after him.
2. What color is the water in the poem, "In Cabin'd Ships at Sea," as it moves around the boat?
3. Whitman believes there is terrible doubt in _____________, there is uncertainty and the possibility of being deluded.
4. What is forever and ever, longer than soil is brown and solid, longer than water ebbs and flows?
5. What is the city of orgies, according to Whitman's poem of the same name?
This section contains 218 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)