|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 1-4.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Whitman calls the ostent evanescent the substances of a/an _________ mood or savan's studies long.
2. Whitman says he will make a true ________ which will earn for the body and mind whatever sticks and does not droop in death.
3. Once a state is fully enslaved, according to Whitman, no nation, state, city, of the Earth can resume its ____________.
4. What do the lovers who exit the room after the night leave over baskets, swelling the house with their plenty?
(c) White towels.
5. What sort of song does Whitman say he will sing in the sixth inscription of the book's opening?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is NOT a word which is used to describe the poets Whitman says are still to come in the world?
2. Whitman is not only considering the idea of death, but also of chanting the chant of ___________.
3. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
4. With another man, Whitman writes, he dilates and fuses the immortal laws and makes himself by them the _______ unto himself.
5. Who is singing the varied carols which Whitman can hear as mentioned in a poem which reveals the answer?
This section contains 230 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)