|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 37-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The ___________ is equal with the male according to Whitman in the first page of his poetry book?
2. Who is the man that Whitman describes as being very cute, a man who is a made man from this day?
3. What is the powerful machine which is moving through the snow with its vapor-pennants tinged with delicate purple?
(b) Steam engine.
4. Those who are willing to got the farthest, according to Whitman, are the ones who will ___________.
5. "Great are the ________" is work in which Whitman celebrates these creative works, those of old and new times.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who does Whitman meet in the poem, "Eidolons," passing the hues and objects of the world?
2. Who does Whitman want to kiss him, to touch him on the lips as he touches those he loves?
3. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
4. From the sea of ________, Whitman says that he will collect and bring a windrow drift of weeds and shells.
5. Whitman is not only considering the idea of death, but also of chanting the chant of ___________.
This section contains 222 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)