|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 37-40.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Whitman answer for when he takes the young man's hands in his own?
(a) His sister.
(c) His mother.
(d) His brother.
2. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
3. What is piercing through the storm, piercing and pealing as the storm rises up?
4. Whitman was seized by a spirit, held by an _________self out of the pride which causes him to utter poems.
5. What are houses and rooms full of? What are shelves crowded with according to Whitman?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Whitman blame for his inability to leave a legacy for his friends and for his loved ones?
2. Whitman believes that the words of true ________ do not merely please those who read them.
3. Even those, Whitman says, that know unrequited ________ can sleep, as do prisoners.
4. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
5. Whitman wonders how the real _______ can ever die and be buried in the end?
This section contains 202 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)