|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the city of orgies, according to Whitman's poem of the same name?
2. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
3. Underneath all of the mysticism, what does Whitman say that he sees in the man for his comrade?
4. What did Whitman once feel was impassive, ample, and spheric in nature, though he is changing his mind?
5. The __________ has joy in inflating the chest, rolling the thunder of the voice, making the people rage, and leading America.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is described as never tiring, as being rude, silent, and incomprehensible at first?
2. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
3. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
4. Whitman expresses that he knows the __________ does not know how longingly he looked at them.
5. Whitman says it is a painful thing to ___________ someone to excess, yet the rewards are great.
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)