|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described as never tiring, as being rude, silent, and incomprehensible at first?
2. What is permanent, lurking there within the body, the only purport of thous art, the real I myself?
3. How old is Whitman at the time of his writing his poems, noting this in his poems and that he is in good health?
4. What carry the filaments of the news of wars, deaths, losses, gains, passions, and of race?
5. What shape is Paumanok, according to the way that Whitman describes it in his poetry?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which sort of bird caused Whitman to stop and open listen to it opening its throat and joyfully singing?
2. Whitman calls the ostent evanescent the substances of a/an _________ mood or savan's studies long.
3. What are the terrible perturbations of the suns, swelling, collapsing, and ending?
4. Whitman ponders where he actually knows anything of his own ________ as he thinks about the biography of another.
5. What sort of song does Whitman say he will sing in the sixth inscription of the book's opening?
This section contains 206 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)