|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. With another man, Whitman writes, he dilates and fuses the immortal laws and makes himself by them the _______ unto himself.
2. Who does Whitman point out are subordinated at their tasks during "Calamus"?
(b) No one.
3. What is forever and ever, longer than soil is brown and solid, longer than water ebbs and flows?
4. Whitman says that he is not sure, but the high soul of lovers welcomes _______ most.
5. What will Whitman plant as thick as trees along all the rivers of America and along the shores of all the great lakes?
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Whitman spell Canada when he uses the name in the poem, "On Journeys through the States"?
2. Whitman believes that in his journey, the _________ is not the only thing that is there.
3. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
4. What is the city of orgies, according to Whitman's poem of the same name?
5. How old is Whitman at the time of his writing his poems, noting this in his poems and that he is in good health?
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)