|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 5-17.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What kind of headsman stands mask'd, clothed in red, with huge legs and strong naked arms?
2. It is the engineer's joy to go with the _____________ in his days.
3. To what state does Whitman promise to know very well after traveling to it?
4. What color is the water in the poem, "In Cabin'd Ships at Sea," as it moves around the boat?
5. The ___________ is equal with the male according to Whitman in the first page of his poetry book?
Short Answer Questions
1. The ___________ cheerfully braves the winter, says Whitman when he addresses this group, the snow and ice welcoming him.
2. What will Whitman plant as thick as trees along all the rivers of America and along the shores of all the great lakes?
3. What is described as never tiring, as being rude, silent, and incomprehensible at first?
4. Walt Whitman sees _______ exhaling from unexplored countries and savage types with bows and arrows.
5. What is flying aloft as the ship begins to go out into the sea in "The Ship Starting"?
This section contains 205 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)