|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Sections 26-36.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Whitman want to kiss him, to touch him on the lips as he touches those he loves?
(b) A wave.
(c) His lover.
(d) His mother.
2. For how many years in Manhattan has Whitman watched the parades of soldiers through the city?
3. Whitman says that not a disembodied _________ can the weapons of tyrants let loose, but it stalks invisibly.
4. What does Whitman say that he will expose when he runs his furrow with his plough and press his spade through the sod?
(b) Foul meat.
5. Who does Whitman point out are subordinated at their tasks during "Calamus"?
(a) No one.
Short Answer Questions
1. Whitman believes that in his journey, the _________ is not the only thing that is there.
2. ___________ are able to convey nature, enjoy materialism, become orators, and create from their own experiences.
3. Whitman says that he is not sure, but the high soul of lovers welcomes _______ most.
4. Whitman says that he was offering too long to feed his soul with __________, which was clearly not a good idea..
5. "You furnish your parts toward eternity, Great or small, you furnish your parts toward the ________."
This section contains 212 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)