Chapter abstracts are short descriptions of events that occur in each chapter. They highlight major plot events and detail the important relationships and characteristics of characters and objects. The Chapter Abstracts can be used to review what the students have read, or to prepare the students for what they will read. Hand the abstracts out in class as a study guide, or use them as a "key" for a class discussion. They are relatively brief, but can serve to be an excellent refresher of the text for either a student or teacher.
Sections 1-4 Abstract
* This is a collection of poems by Walt Whitman.
* The poet associates himself with the birth of the United States.
* Whitman appears to appreciate the divinity in all.
* Whitman uses many overt sexual references.
* Whitman writes a poem about the place of his birth.
This section contains 435 words|
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)