|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(a) Old Sailor.
2. Who says, "To fight like us you must hate. We can't trust a man unless he hates"?
3. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
(a) The graveyard.
(b) A prison cell.
(c) The firing squad.
(d) The guillotine.
4. Why doesn't the Old Orderly know Lear's crime?
(a) He died.
(b) The records were lost.
(c) The fire killed the judge.
(d) He was brainwashed.
5. Who speaks of an animal in a cage at the trial?
(b) Old Sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who has asked Warrington to betray the king?
2. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
3. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
4. Who accompanies Lear in Act 1, Scene 5?
5. Why does Bodice say she had troops bring North and Cornwall back?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Act 2, what character changes has Cordelia undergone since Act 1?
2. Do Bodice and Fontanelle trust one another? What actions or dialogue reveals their true feelings?
3. Why does Cordelia refuse to take the captured soldier into her army?
4. How does Lear feel about the Duke of North and the Duke of Cornwall? Why?
5. Who is the Gravedigger's Boy? What does the exposition reveal about his background? What is his purpose in the play?
6. What does Fontanelle say on the stand against her father?
7. What do Thomas and Ben reveal to Lear that they plan to do in Act 3, Scene 2? Why?
8. What does Fontanelle say to Lear in the prison cell? What are her action and objective?
9. How does the power shift in Act 2, Scene 5? What actions indicate this?
10. Why is the Ghost unhappy and crying in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 885 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)