|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is present in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) All of the answers are true.
2. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
(a) They've been burned.
(b) They are overflowing.
(c) They had to be evacuated.
(d) They are empty.
3. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
4. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
(b) His brother.
(c) His son.
(d) An actor.
5. What does the Gravedigger's Boy say his wife would like to do?
(a) Go back to her father.
(b) Marry the Carpenter.
(c) Betray the king.
(d) Put a fence around them.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
2. Who enters carrying bread and water in Act 1, Scene 5?
3. Who intends to overthrow Lear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
5. Where is Lear taken after the trial?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Warrington. What is his position? To whom is he loyal?
2. Why has Lear chosen to erect the wall? How long has it been in construction?
3. Describe how Lear is blinded in the prison scene. Why is he blinded?
4. Why do Fontanelle and Bodice capture their husbands and keep them imprisoned?
5. Who is the Carpenter? What is revealed to Lear about this character? How does he fit into the plot?
6. What does the Councillor tell Lear and the others is the fate of the Small Man? How does Lear react?
7. Why is the Farmer and his family leaving the land?
8. How does the Ghost die? How does Lear react?
9. Why did the Gravedigger's Son settle where he did? How did he discover the place where he lives?
10. How does the power shift in Act 2, Scene 5? What actions indicate this?
This section contains 909 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)