|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the captured soldier in Act 2, Scene 3?
(a) He is hanged.
(b) He joins the rebels.
(c) He is shot.
(d) He is freed.
2. Who has ordered Warrington's tongue cut out?
3. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
(a) An actor.
(b) His brother.
(d) His son.
4. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
5. Why doesn't the Old Orderly know Lear's crime?
(a) The records were lost.
(b) He was brainwashed.
(c) The fire killed the judge.
(d) He died.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the setting at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 2?
2. How does Lear respond to the judge when asked, "And these ladies are your daughters?"?
3. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
4. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
5. Who foretells how Lear's army will attack in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the Orderly say about his imprisonment to Lear in Act 2?
2. How does Fontanelle react to being taken prisoner? What does she say?
3. Describe how Lear is blinded in the prison scene. Why is he blinded?
4. Who do Thomas and Susan reflect from earlier in the play? How?
5. How is the Wife of Gravedigger's Boy relevant to the plot? How does she feel about Lear living with her and her husband?
6. Who is leading a revolution against Bodice and Fontanelle? How do we learn this information?
7. Why does the Ghost stay with Lear at the end of Act 2, Scene 2?
8. Why does Carpenter refuse to untie the prisoners once he has captured the soldiers in Act 2?
9. What does Fontanelle say on the stand against her father?
10. Why is the Ghost unhappy and crying in Act 3, Scene 3?
This section contains 778 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)