|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who shoots the workman in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) The Firing Squad.
2. Where do Bodice and Fontanelle plan to meet at the end of Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) The Wall.
(b) The Prison.
(c) The Tower.
(d) The Council of War.
3. What does the Carpenter bring to the Wife?
(b) A cradle.
(c) A blanket.
(d) A pig.
4. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(a) Firing squad.
5. Who does Fontanelle say posed for her husband's portraits?
(a) His son.
(b) His brother.
(d) An actor.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the Boy say his wife keeps?
2. What weapons do the rebel soldiers carry?
3. Who intends to overthrow Lear in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Whose dress does Bodice wear in the prison cell?
5. What does Bodice say regarding the prisons in Act 2, Scene 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the significance of the Wounded Soldier in Act 2 Scene 3?
2. Why does Susan tell Lear that she was angry at him but is no longer?
3. Who is the wild man living in the woods? How does he know Lear?
4. What does Warrington reveal about Bodice and Fontanelle in Act 1, Scene 2? What is his course of action?
5. What does Warrington advise the king regarding the war with Bodice and Fontanelle? What is Lear's reply?
6. Why has Lear been spared in the prison? How does he escape?
7. What is the significance of the location of Act 3, Scene 3?
8. Compare and contrast the characters of Bodice and Fontanelle. Whom are they related to? How are they similar? How are they different?
9. What is the significance of the image of Bodice and Fontanelle as children in Lear's cell?
10. Describe what happens at the end of Act 1, Scene 7 with the soldiers at the Gravedigger's Boy's house.
This section contains 788 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)