|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
(a) A dead pig.
(b) Warrington's body.
(c) A soldier.
(d) A knife.
2. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
(c) Firing squad.
3. What does Lear ask of Fontanelle while in the prison cell?
(a) To let him brush her hair.
(b) To sit on his lap.
(c) To kiss him goodbye.
(d) To sing to him.
4. Who stabs knitting needles into Warrington's ears?
5. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says, "We won't chain ourselves to the dead, or send our children to school in the graveyard"?
2. Which character says, "Virility! It'd be easier to get blood out of a stone, and far more probable. I've bribed a major on his staff to shoot him in the battle"?
3. Who does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear has left him, and "wanted a horse to take him to town"?
4. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
5. Who has ordered Warrington's tongue cut out?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Warrington. What is his position? To whom is he loyal?
2. Why do the villagers come to hear Lear speak? What message is he telling them?
3. What does Lear go to do at the Wall in the final scene? Why?
4. What does Lear say about the Farmer's Son joining the army? How does this show a change in his character?
5. Who is the wild man living in the woods? How does he know Lear?
6. Why does Cordelia refuse to take the captured soldier into her army?
7. Why has the Small Man come to find Lear? Where has he come from?
8. Who appears to Lear in prison? How was this character known to Lear before this point?
9. How does Fontanelle react to being taken prisoner? What does she say?
10. What does Warrington advise the king regarding the war with Bodice and Fontanelle? What is Lear's reply?
This section contains 786 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)