|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lear recognize in the well bucket?
(b) A baby.
(c) A dagger.
2. What does the Wounded Soldier see before he dies onstage?
(a) His wife.
(b) The moon.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The stars.
3. Where does Act 1, Scene 3 take place?
(a) The King's Chambers.
(b) The Daughters' War Council.
(c) The Battlefield.
(d) The Prison.
4. Why does Bodice say she had troops bring North and Cornwall back?
(a) She loves her husband.
(b) They will fight the rebels.
(c) They need their armies.
(d) They are heroic.
5. Who is present in Act 2, Scene 3?
(b) All of the answers are true.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the Orderly?
2. How did the Gravedigger's Boy discover the water for the well?
3. Where does Act 2, Scene 1 take place?
4. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
5. Who advises the king to refuse the war?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the character of Warrington. What is his position? To whom is he loyal?
2. What do Thomas and Ben reveal to Lear that they plan to do in Act 3, Scene 2? Why?
3. How does the power shift in Act 2, Scene 5? What actions indicate this?
4. What does Lear go to do at the Wall in the final scene? Why?
5. How does Fontanelle react to being taken prisoner? What does she say?
6. Who appears to Lear in prison? How was this character known to Lear before this point?
7. Why is the Ghost unhappy and crying in Act 3, Scene 3?
8. How does Lear react to seeing Fontanelle's autopsy? How does this change his point of view?
9. Describe the torture of the captured Warrington. What does this scene inform the reader or audience about the nature of the characters?
10. In Act 2, what character changes has Cordelia undergone since Act 1?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)