|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Bodice doing at the beginning of Act 2, Scene 4?
2. Who enters carrying bread and water in Act 1, Scene 5?
(d) The Gravedigger's Boy.
3. Who maniacally encourages the torture of Warrington?
4. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
(a) A fallen axe.
(b) An explosion.
(c) A fallen stone.
(d) A bear.
5. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
Short Answer Questions
1. Why doesn't the Old Orderly know Lear's crime?
2. Who is planning to marry the Duke of North?
3. What does Fontanelle complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
4. Which character says, "O don't waste your hypocrisy on me. You tried to kill yours once. My spies told me and they don't lie. They're the only moral institution in this country"?
5. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Fontanelle say on the stand against her father?
2. How is the Wife of Gravedigger's Boy relevant to the plot? How does she feel about Lear living with her and her husband?
3. Describe the symbolic relevance of the cradle and the wall. Compare and contrast the two.
4. How does Fontanelle react to being taken prisoner? What does she say?
5. How does Lear prove he has undergone a change of character in the last act?
6. Why has Lear chosen to erect the wall? How long has it been in construction?
7. What does the Councillor tell Lear and the others is the fate of the Small Man? How does Lear react?
8. Why do the villagers come to hear Lear speak? What message is he telling them?
9. How does the Ghost die? How does Lear react?
10. How does Fontanelle feel about her husband? What does she say regarding him sexually?
This section contains 878 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)