|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
2. What does the Gravedigger's Boy find in the well?
(a) A knife.
(b) A dead pig.
(c) Warrington's body.
(d) A soldier.
3. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
4. Why does the Old Orderly come into Lear's cell?
(a) For the plate.
(b) To search it.
(c) To take him to the guillotine.
(d) To take him to the dungeon.
5. Who claims he has been blind for seven years on the stand at Lear's trial?
(a) Old Sailor.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who asks to stay with Lear in his cell?
2. Who plans to marry the Duke of Cornwall?
3. Who speaks of an animal in a cage at the trial?
4. What action does Bodice perform throughout Act 1, Scene 3?
5. Who foretells how Lear's army will attack in Act 1, Scene 3?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Lear go to do at the Wall in the final scene? Why?
2. What does Warrington advise the king regarding the war with Bodice and Fontanelle? What is Lear's reply?
3. What is the significance of the Wounded Soldier in Act 2 Scene 3?
4. How does Lear prove he has undergone a change of character in the last act?
5. What is the irony of Lear's death on the Wall at the final scene?
6. What does Fontanelle say on the stand against her father?
7. Why has Lear been spared in the prison? How does he escape?
8. Why does Lear execute the laborer in Act 1, Scene 1? What are his underlying motives?
9. How does Fontanelle feel about her husband? What does she say regarding him sexually?
10. Why do the villagers come to hear Lear speak? What message is he telling them?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)