Short Answer Questions
Directions: Answer each question with the appropriate short response.
Short Answer Questions - Act 1, Scene 1
1. Who has died at the beginning of Act 1, Scene 1?
2. Which of the following is one of Lear's daughters?
3. What has killed one of the workers on the wall?
4. What does Fontanelle complain about in Act 1, Scene 1?
5. How does Lear order the workman killed in Act 1, Scene 1?
6. Who does Lear claim are his enemies?
7. Who initially protests the execution of the workman at the wall?
8. Why does Lear, in an aside, tell his daughter the workman is being executed?
9. In Act 1, Scene 1, who claims to have proof that the "enemies" Lear speaks of are not actually enemies?
This section contains 2,176 words|
(approx. 8 pages at 300 words per page)