|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the setting of Act 1, Scene 5?
(a) The War Chamber.
(b) The prison.
(c) The King's Quarters.
(d) The woods.
2. Who enters carrying bread and water in Act 1, Scene 5?
(c) The Gravedigger's Boy.
3. Which character says, "Politics is the higher form of justice"?
4. Whom does Lear accuse of betraying him in court?
(c) Old Sailor.
5. What job does the Wife give the Carpenter to do?
(a) Tending the pigs.
(b) Tending Lear.
(c) Cleaning the well.
(d) Mending the door.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I've always wanted to sit on a man's lungs"?
2. Who is the first to sit on the witness stand at Lear's trial?
3. Which character says, "Virility! It'd be easier to get blood out of a stone, and far more probable. I've bribed a major on his staff to shoot him in the battle"?
4. Why does the Boy say his wife is upset?
5. What gift from her childhood does Fontanelle remind her father of when she stands trial against him?
This section contains 193 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)