|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lear, in an aside, tell his daughter the workman is being executed?
(a) Because his hut is unlivable.
(b) Because he's really a traitor.
(c) To make the workers work faster.
(d) Because he's hired by Cornwall.
2. Who is NOT present in Act 1, Scene 3?
3. Who initially protests the execution of the workman at the wall?
(a) The Gravedigger's Boy.
4. What does Lear think attacked him in his sleep?
(a) A soldier.
(b) A wolf.
(c) A ghost.
(d) A wild bear.
5. Why does Lear insist his enemies hate him?
(a) He has built a wall.
(b) He killed their fathers.
(c) He has starved their people.
(d) He has taken their kingdoms.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which character says, "I feel confidence in my bones. That's never failed me. If only I were a young man" in Act 1, Scene 2?
2. Who does the Boy's Wife see outside the house?
3. Who spots Lear and creeps up on him from behind in Act 1, Scene 5?
4. Where does Act 1, Scene 4 take place?
5. Who does the Gravedigger's Boy tell Lear has left him, and "wanted a horse to take him to town"?
This section contains 204 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)