|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is described by the author as stress hormones in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table”?
2. In Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” the author cites a 2009 study which found that what percentage of people “in dual-earner marriages said that they shared housework, child care, and breadwinning evenly”?
3. Who is the New York University professor that co-ran an experiment to test perceptions of women and men in the workplace in the 2003 study discussed in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability”?
(a) Josh Steiner.
(b) Cameron Anderson.
(c) Bob Steel.
(d) Justin Osofsky.
4. The author asserts in Chapter 4: “It’s a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder,” “Just as I believe everyone should have a long-term dream, I also believe everyone should have” what?
(a) “A one-year plan.”
(b) “A two-year plan.”
(c) “An eighteen-month plan.”
(d) “A six-month plan.”
5. What coed college does the author say her mother attended in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap”?
(a) Yale University.
(b) The University of Pennsylvania.
(c) U.C. Berkeley.
(d) Harvard University.
Short Answer Questions
1. What mythological figure does the author use as a metaphor when discussing the concept of striving to “have it all” in Chapter 9: “The Myth of Doing It All”?
2. When the author became pregnant with her first child, she was running the online sales and operations groups for what corporation, as noted in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution”?
3. Who was the dean that invited Sheryl Sandberg to speak in an interview with him at Harvard Business School in 2011?
4. Who is the founder of LinkedIn?
5. Who is the 13th President of the University of Michigan that was named in 2009 as one of the nation’s “10 best college presidents” by Time Magazine?
This section contains 305 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)