|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 9.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the author describe as her “business crush” and eBay CEO in Chapter 4: “It’s a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder”?
(a) Tim Geithner.
(b) Mary Sue Coleman.
(c) Gayle Tzemach Lemmon.
(d) Meg Whitman.
2. What company did the author’s husband found in L.A. and then sell to Yahoo, according to the narrative in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner”?
(d) Launch Media.
3. What language does the author describe Mark Zuckerberg deciding to learn a few years ago in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth”?
4. Who was the author’s mentor whom she began working for when he was chief economist at the World Bank?
(a) Larry Summers.
(b) Virginia Rometty.
(c) Josh Steiner.
(d) Emily White.
5. What is described by the author as stress hormones in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table”?
Short Answer Questions
1. Fred Kofman is described in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth” as a former MIT professor and the author of what book?
2. Who is described as the “deputy director of the Council on Foreign Relations’ Women and Foreign Policy Program” in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap”?
3. What children’s clothing company is described in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap” as having once sold onesies for boys that said “Smart like Daddy” and onesies for girls that said “Pretty like Mommy”?
4. Who won the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize for “helping to lead the women’s protests that toppled Liberia’s dictator,” according to the author in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution”?
5. Who is described in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability” as a professor of leadership and organizational behavior at Stanford, whom the author had an intense dinner conversation with about the price women pay for success?
This section contains 321 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)