|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 7.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What 1972 song does the author describe in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap” as being about a little boy who begs his father for a traditional girl’s toy?
(a) Lost in the Moon.
(b) Joey’s Song.
(c) Free to Be … You and Me.
(d) A Boy Named Sue.
2. The author states in Chapter 6: “Seek and Speak Your Truth” that “the upside of painful knowledge is so much greater than” what?
(a) “The downside of painful silence.”
(b) “The downside of blissful ignorance.”
(c) “The downside of embarrassment.”
(d) “Falling on your face in failure.”
3. The author asserts in Chapter 4: “It’s a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder,” “Just as I believe everyone should have a long-term dream, I also believe everyone should have” what?
(a) “A one-year plan.”
(b) “A two-year plan.”
(c) “An eighteen-month plan.”
(d) “A six-month plan.”
4. What media mogul does the author cite in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?” as having said, “I mentor when I see something and say, ‘I want to see that grow’”?
(a) Shankar Vedantam.
(b) Oprah Winfrey.
(c) Sarah Palin.
(d) Virginia Rometty.
5. The author says in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution” that she became pregnant with her first child in the summer of what year?
Short Answer Questions
1. The author asserts in Chapter 7: “Don’t Leave Before You Leave,” “When husbands work fifty or more hours per week, wives with children are” what percent “more likely to quit their jobs than wives with children whose husbands work less”?
2. Who is described in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability” as one of the engineering directors at Facebook who held a meeting in 2011 with female engineers to encourage them to share the progress they’d made on products they were building?
3. Who is described in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability” as the founder and CEO of Facebook?
4. After finishing business school, Sheryl Sandberg took a job as a consultant at what company in Los Angeles?
5. The author writes in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability” that during the summer between her first and second years in business school, she received what award for having the highest first-year academic record?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)