|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How old does the author say Mark Zuckerberg was when she graduated college in Chapter 4: “It’s a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder”?
2. Who is described in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability” as one of the engineering directors at Facebook who held a meeting in 2011 with female engineers to encourage them to share the progress they’d made on products they were building?
(a) Jocelyn Goldfein.
(b) Judith Rodin.
(c) Virginia Rometty.
(d) Cameron Anderson.
3. The author states in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution” that of the 195 independent countries in the world, how many are led by women?
4. When did the Arab Spring begin?
(a) January, 2010.
(b) October, 2011.
(c) September, 2012.
(d) December, 2010.
5. After finishing business school, Sheryl Sandberg took a job as a consultant at what company in Los Angeles?
(c) McKinsey & Company.
(d) Walters & Williams.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who won the 2011 Nobel Peace Prize for “helping to lead the women’s protests that toppled Liberia’s dictator,” according to the author in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution”?
2. Who was the head of sales and business development at Google that gave Sheryl Sandberg her first opportunity to run a small deal team, according to the author in Chapter 4: “It’s a Jungle Gym, Not a Ladder”?
3. Whom does the author say “caught my attention at Facebook years ago when we were getting ready for our first senior-level meeting with the Walt Disney Company” in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?”
4. Who joked that, “a man has to be Joe McCarthy in order to be called ruthless. All a woman needs to do is put you on hold,” according to the author in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability”?
5. What 1972 song does the author describe in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap” as being about a little boy who begs his father for a traditional girl’s toy?
This section contains 342 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)