|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap,” “A 2012 McKinsey survey of more than four thousand employees of leading companies found that 36 percent of the men wanted to reach the C-suite, compared to” what percentage of women?
2. During what decade did women become 50 percent of the college graduates in the United States, according to the author in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution”?
(a) The 1970s.
(b) The 1990s.
(c) The 1980s.
(d) The 1960s.
3. What percentage of seats in parliament are currently held by women globally, according to the author in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution”?
4. The author asserts in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability” that what “is key to achieving more success”?
(a) “Attending a top university.”
(b) “Earning high grades.”
(c) “Owning one’s success.”
(d) “Earning initial success.”
5. The author states in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability,” “A study that looked at the starting salaries of students graduating with a master’s degree from Carnegie Mellon University found that” what percentage of men tried to negotiate for a higher offer?
Short Answer Questions
1. What children’s clothing company is described in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap” as having once sold onesies for boys that said “Smart like Daddy” and onesies for girls that said “Pretty like Mommy”?
2. The author states in the Introduction: “Internalizing the Revolution” that of the 195 independent countries in the world, how many are led by women?
3. The author asserts in Chapter 1: “The Leadership Ambition Gap,” “The gender stereotypes introduced in childhood are reinforced throughout our lives and become” what?
4. The author says in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table” that while in college, both she and her brother took a course in what together?
5. What was the author voted as by her senior class, according to the narrative in Chapter 3: “Success and Likeability”?
This section contains 335 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)