|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. According to the author in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?,” “A study published by the Center for Work-Life Policy and the Harvard Business Review reported that” what percentage “of men at the level of vice president and above are hesitant to have a one-on-one meeting with a more junior woman”?
2. In what year did Sheryl Sandberg give a TED speech titled "Why we have too few women leaders”?
3. When did the Arab Spring begin?
(a) January, 2010.
(b) September, 2012.
(c) October, 2011.
(d) December, 2010.
4. What management committee partner at Goldman Sachs in the late 1990s established a “breakfast or lunch only policy” for employees to create equal access for men and women, according to the author in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?”
(a) Omid Kordestani.
(b) Justin Osofsky.
(c) Mary Sue Coleman.
(d) Bob Steel.
5. What speaker from the Wellesley Centers for Women gave a talk called “Feeling Like a Fraud” when the author was inducted into the Phi Beta Kappa honor society?
(a) Mary Sue Coleman.
(b) Clara Shih.
(c) Omid Kordestani.
(d) Dr. Peggy McIntosh.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who was the former chief of staff at the Treasury Department that gave Sheryl Sandberg the advice of figuring out what she wanted to do before she went to see the people who had the ability to hire her?
2. The author notes in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?” that “searching for a mentor has become the professional equivalent of” what?
3. What is described by the author as stress hormones in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table”?
4. The author states in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” “According to the most recent analysis, when a husband and wife both are employed full-time, the mother does” what percent more child care than the father?
5. The author states in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?,” “While asking a stranger to be a mentor rarely, if ever, works, approaching a stranger with” what “can yield results”?
This section contains 355 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)