|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. During the time that the author worked at Google, how many employees does she say she hired in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table”?
2. According to the author in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?,” “A study published by the Center for Work-Life Policy and the Harvard Business Review reported that” what percentage “of men at the level of vice president and above are hesitant to have a one-on-one meeting with a more junior woman”?
3. Who founded Hearsay Social, described as “a software company that helps businesses manage their social media presence”?
(a) Marlo Thomas.
(b) Omid Kordestani.
(c) Clara Shih.
(d) Alice Walker.
4. According to the author in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” how many states in the U.S. provide any income replacement for the care of a new baby?
5. What does the author call the “phenomenon of capable people being plagued by self-doubt” in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table”?
(a) The impostor syndrome.
(b) Abject racism.
(c) Chronic anxiety.
(d) Stereotype threat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What media mogul does the author cite in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?” as having said, “I mentor when I see something and say, ‘I want to see that grow’”?
2. The author says in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner” that her husband Dave taught her how to change a diaper when their first son was how old?
3. The author states in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?,” “While asking a stranger to be a mentor rarely, if ever, works, approaching a stranger with” what “can yield results”?
4. What management committee partner at Goldman Sachs in the late 1990s established a “breakfast or lunch only policy” for employees to create equal access for men and women, according to the author in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?”
5. When did the Arab Spring begin?
This section contains 334 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)