|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 8.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. The author states in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?” that “Studies show that mentors select protégés based on” what?
(a) “Credentials and past achievements.”
(b) “Performance and potential.”
(c) “Appearance and personality.”
(d) “Need and ability to give.”
2. According to the author in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?,” “A study published by the Center for Work-Life Policy and the Harvard Business Review reported that” what percentage “of men at the level of vice president and above are hesitant to have a one-on-one meeting with a more junior woman”?
3. What Harvard Business School professor is cited in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner” as answering the question of what men could do to advance women’s leadership with “the laundry”?
(a) Clara Shih.
(b) Rosabeth Moss Kanter.
(c) Gloria Steinem.
(d) Nitin Nohria.
4. Who was the dean that invited Sheryl Sandberg to speak in an interview with him at Harvard Business School in 2011?
(a) Nitin Nohria.
(b) Leymah Gbowee.
(c) Dr. Peggy McIntosh.
(d) Shankar Vedantam.
5. Who was the author’s mentor whom she began working for when he was chief economist at the World Bank?
(a) Larry Summers.
(b) Virginia Rometty.
(c) Emily White.
(d) Josh Steiner.
Short Answer Questions
1. “Of the twenty-eight women who have served as CEOs of Fortune 500 companies,” how many were married, according to the author in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner”?
2. The author states in Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” “According to the most recent analysis, when a husband and wife both are employed full-time, the mother does” what percent more child care than the father?
3. The author states in Chapter 2: “Sit at the Table” that when Facebook filed to go public, what newspaper “ran an article that kindly reminded me—and everyone else—that I had ‘been lucky’ and ‘had powerful mentors along the way’”?
4. Whom does the author say “caught my attention at Facebook years ago when we were getting ready for our first senior-level meeting with the Walt Disney Company” in Chapter 5: “Are You My Mentor?”
5. In Chapter 8: “Make Your Partner a Real Partner,” the author cites a 2009 study which found that what percentage of people “in dual-earner marriages said that they shared housework, child care, and breadwinning evenly”?
This section contains 381 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)