|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Azucena find her apartment when she returns from shopping?
2. What does Azucena have to do to allow Rodrigo to visit her?
3. What does Azucena pick up while shopping that another client claims she had already set aside to buy?
4. Who are Wreckoncilers?
5. Where does Azucena go shopping in chapter seven?
Short Essay Questions
1. In chapter eleven, which two characters clearly become opponents?
2. What does Anacreonte say about the order of the Universe?
3. How do fear and terror affect the Conquistdors?
4. Does Citlali love Rodrigo?
5. What is Mammon like?
6. What message does Anacreonte use Cuquita to give to Azucena?
7. What happens to Mexico City when the Pyramid of Love is restored?
8. What is an astroanalyst?
9. Why does Cuquita claim she should now live with Rodrigo? What is her real motivation?
10. What is Agapito's position?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Azucena lives in Mexico City. How is this setting important to the plot of the book?
Essay Topic 2
In a didactic tone, Anacreonte presents several ideas about reincarnation and the nature of the Universe, especially the role of love.
1) What role does love play in this text?
2) What is The Law of Love?
Essay Topic 3
Why is the Pyramid of Love important? What does it symbolize? What happens to the pyramid in different moments of the plot?
This section contains 707 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)