|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azucena have to do to allow Rodrigo to visit her?
2. Why does Rodrigo send for a wife from Spain?
3. Where is chapter one set?
4. Why does Rodrigo leave Azucena's apartment?
5. What does the Law of Love state about what happens when hatred is planted in our heats by others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do we learn about the nature of karma with Rodrigo's memory of having been raped?
2. How does the experience of the power of the Pyramid of Love in chapter one compare to the experience of it in chapter six?
3. What happens while Azucena interviews at the Center for the Oversight of Previous Existences?
4. How does Isabel use Ex-Rodrigo?
5. What did Isabel do to her second daughter?
6. How is life in this future version of Mexico City different from life today?
7. Why is Anacreonte frustrated with Azucena in chapter fourteen?
8. How do Cuquita and Azucena decide to travel to the planet Korma?
9. What is Agapito's position?
10. Why are the Demons concerned about Isabel's relationship with Rodrigo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Isabel and Azucena are adversaries in this text.
1) What do each of these characters want?
2) What do each of these characters represent?
Essay Topic 2
Isabel, the villain of the story, enjoys playing solitaire. At what other moments are characters alone? Describe these scenes. What happens when characters are together? What happens when characters communicate and care for each other? Describe the way that these relationships figure into the story. Do you think that the author wish to teach a lesson through these examples? Explain.
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the way in which the planet Korma is described. What is it's topography? Who lives there? What are the people like? Is this a believable setting?
This section contains 870 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)