|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Isabel approach her work?
2. Who narrates the second chapter?
3. What kind of music does a government agency prevent in films?
4. What does Azucena have to do to allow Rodrigo to visit her?
5. What does Azucena's Guardian Angel argue is connected?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Anacreonte use Cuquita to give to Azucena?
2. What do we learn about the nature of karma with Rodrigo's memory of having been raped?
3. What does Anacreonte want for Azucena to understand about Divine Love?
4. What does Mammon say about working with Isabel?
5. What did Azucena buy from the coyote?
6. Why doesn't Azucena cooperate with Anacreonte?
7. What views on fidelity do Teo and Azucena share in chapter fifteen?
8. What philosophies does Anacreonte share in chapter fourteen?
9. How do the identity switches affect the story in chapter eleven?
10. Why are the Demons concerned about Isabel's relationship with Rodrigo?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
While Azucena is influenced by the Guardian Angel who tells her story, the voice that narrates Isabel's experience is a Demon.
1) Which of the characters in this text represent good?
2) Which characters represent evil?
3) Who do you believe wins the battle between good and evil?
Essay Topic 2
As an astroanalyst, Azucena helps her clients remember past lives. In order to apply for a job, she has to submit to having her subconscious memories of the past reviewed. She finds a way around this test, but with the aid of music, she does have a momentary vision of her past.
1) What is the role of art in the world that Laura Esquivel has created?
2) Do you believe that art is as powerful in life as it is in this text?
Essay Topic 3
The body is an important theme in The Law of Love.
1) What are the different kinds of bodies presented in this book?
2) What is the difference between the body and soul, as this is presented in The Law of Love?
This section contains 770 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)