|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Azucena apply for a job in chapter four?
(a) The Center for the Oversight of Previous Existences.
(b) At the Mexico City Spacebus Central Station.
(c) The National Center for Early Childhood Development.
(d) A local drugstore.
2. What is the relationship, described in chapter five, between demons and angels?
(a) According to the Law of Love, demons and angels can never meet.
(b) Demons are fallen angels.
(c) Demons aspire to be angels.
(d) Demons are happy with their work, but envy angels their wings.
3. Why don't the scientists observing Azucena's memory of the Mexico City of 1985 trust her recollection?
(a) She did not seem moved for someone who had experienced such tragedy.
(b) It was too organized and clear.
(c) The location of the Monument of the Angel of Independence was not where it should have been.
(d) She failed to explain how she had such an intimate knowledge of the way that the moment that the earthquake struck two areas so far apart that she could not have been in both.
4. What does Isabel want from Downtown Mexico City?
(a) Music CDs.
5. What does Azucena's Guardian Angel argue is connected?
(a) Azucena's lack of direction and her overeating.
(b) Everything in the Cosmos.
(c) The sound of traffic and inner peace.
(d) Azcuena's interest in history and her past life.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabel suspect?
2. What makes Azucena cry as she shops?
3. Who are called the "supreme Reconcilers" in chapter two?
4. According to the narrator of chapter eight, how does the Supreme Intelligence communicate with us?
5. What does the Law of Love state about what happens when hatred is planted in our heats by others?
Short Essay Questions
1. What message does Anacreonte use Cuquita to give to Azucena?
2. What does Anacreonte say about Ego?
3. Why does Azucena give Rodrigo an Astoanalysis session?
4. What recurring themes are present in chapter five?
5. What is Mammon's philosophy?
6. How do fear and terror affect the Conquistdors?
7. What happens while Azucena interviews at the Center for the Oversight of Previous Existences?
8. What kind of force do old stones contain?
9. What does Anacreonte want for Azucena to understand about Divine Love?
10. What helps the Universe to run smoothly?
This section contains 860 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)