|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Anacreonte?
(a) Azucena's twin soul.
(b) Azucena's Guardian Angel.
(c) A hit man.
(d) A reincarnated Spainsh conqueror.
2. What is the song at the beginning of chapter eight about?
(b) People fighting.
(c) Lonely women.
(d) Lazy afternoon.
3. How does Rodrigo die at the end of chapter one?
(a) He commits suicide after murdering Citlali.
(b) His ship sinks en route to Spain.
(c) He is killed in battle.
(d) His wife kills him when she discovers his relationship with Citlali.
4. Why does Rodrigo leave Azucena's apartment?
(a) He wants to collect his belongings and bring them back.
(b) He felt that, out of respect, he needed to go consult with his own Guardian Angel.
(c) He needs to get to work.
(d) He goes to see if he could help the people that were in the newscast.
5. When Cuquita tries to rush into her home at the beginning of chapter seven, what impedes her speedy entrance?
(a) Her large, drunken husband blocking her way.
(b) CD vendors who have set up a stall outside her home.
(c) A person begging for spare change.
(d) The police who want to interrogate her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Isabel say about Carmela's white dress?
2. Where do Azucena and Cuquita spot each other standing in the same line?
3. What is a Plantspeaker?
4. Who is Dr. Díez?
5. What is Isabel celebrating at the opening of chapter six?
Short Essay Questions
1. What helps the Universe to run smoothly?
2. What are the recurring themes in chapter one?
3. How does Isabel use Ex-Rodrigo?
4. What do Isabel's bodyguards do when they believe Isabel has died?
5. How do fear and terror affect the Conquistdors?
6. What recurring themes are present in chapter five?
7. How does the change of narrative perspective add to or take away from the story?
8. In chapter thirteen, what condition did Azucena return to life?
9. What does Azucena learn about Rodrigo on the news?
10. In chapter seven, how did Azucena find out that someone wanted to kill her?
This section contains 801 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)