|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Isabel say about Carmela's white dress?
(a) She should use it with a belt in a contrasting color.
(b) She will make a beautiful bride.
(c) It is nice, but will fit her better when she loses weight.
(d) It is atrocious.
2. Where is chapter one set?
(a) In twenty-third century Mexico City.
(b) At the pyramids of Teotihuacan.
(c) In the city of Tenochtitlan, as the Spanish conquer the Aztecs.
(d) On the planet Jupiter.
3. When do Citlali and Rodrigo first meet?
(a) When Rodrigo saves Citlali from a burning building.
(b) When Rodrigo spots Citlali begging, and offers her a place to stay.
(c) When Citlali, who is performing in the center of Tenochtitlan, sings a song for Rodrigo.
(d) When Rodrigo arrives to the city, and destroyed the palace that Citlali was in.
4. What frustrates Anacreonte about Azucena?
(a) She insists on breaking the Law of Love.
(b) She does not follow orders.
(c) She refuses to look for a job.
(d) She constantly interrupts.
5. How is Isabel Gonzale characterized?
(a) She is kind and generous.
(b) She is painfully shy.
(c) She is merciless, ambitious, and cruel.
(d) She is an idealist, and may make a great partner for Azucena.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who narrates the second chapter?
2. What is the song at the beginning of chapter eight about?
3. At the end of chapter two, what does Anacreonte tell Azucena she needs to do before Rodrigo visits her apartment?
4. What does Azucena do with the dead body that she finds in chapter seven?
5. Why does Rodrigo send for a wife from Spain?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does the change of narrative perspective add to or take away from the story?
2. In chapter eleven, which two characters clearly become opponents?
3. In chapter twelve, what do we learn that love prevents?
4. How is life in this future version of Mexico City different from life today?
5. What did Isabel do to her second daughter?
6. What are the recurring themes in chapter one?
7. How do Cuquita and Azucena decide to travel to the planet Korma?
8. Why is the news that Azucena and Rodrigo watch on their Televirtual so unusual?
9. What kind of force do old stones contain?
10. How do fear and terror affect the Conquistdors?
This section contains 817 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)