|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the song at the beginning of chapter sixteen about?
2. What does the narrator in chapter twelve suggest is nearing?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) Isabel's political win.
(c) The final battle.
(d) Azucena's personal downfall.
3. What does Isabel do in chapter twelve, when she is wants to calm her nerves and to think?
(a) She drinks warm tea.
(b) She squeezes a stress ball.
(c) She plays solitaire.
(d) She hums to herself.
4. Why does everyone congratulate Isabel for her bravery in Chapter 11?
(a) She earns acclaim for political stance on government aid to non-Evos in their personal evolution.
(b) She saves a child from the volcano.
(c) She claims to have caught the person responsible for the murder of Mr. Bush.
(d) Her acts of bravery in a past life, when she helped war victims, are discovered and published.
5. What does Azucena practice on her way to the planet Korma?
(a) Introducing herself.
(c) Performing a traditional dance.
(d) Her public speaking skills.
6. What is the song at the beginning of chapter twelve about?
(d) Harvest time.
7. Who fights with Rodrigo (mistaking his identity) on the way back to Earth?
(a) Cuquita's grandma.
8. What is the setting for chapter eleven?
(a) The port of Veracruz.
(b) The capital of Mexico at the time of the conquest.
(c) The Planet Korma, and return to Earth.
(d) Twenty third century Mexico City.
9. According to the narrator of chapter twelve, what do we need to act on if we want to avoid making decisions that could be considered bad?
(a) Allow our friends to help us.
(b) Follow our emotions.
(c) Follow our Guardian Angel.
(d) Avoid following conventional paths.
10. In his past life as a monk, what does Rodrigo do?
(a) Work as part of the Inquisition.
(b) Write love songs.
(c) Study history.
(d) Invent new ways to curse.
11. What does Azucena recognize in the images from Rodrigo's memory in Chapter 10?
(a) The house that he was in.
(b) The spoon she had seen in Tepito.
(c) The song that was playing on the record player, her favorite song.
(d) The dress that his sister wore.
12. How do Azucena and Cuquita arrive to Korma?
(a) On Julio's interplanetary spaceship.
(b) Through a long-distance aerophone booth.
(c) Through a government program.
(d) Via Pluto.
13. What do the photomentals of Ex-Azucena show as he talks with Isabel in Chapter 11?
(a) His imagining Isabel dead on the floor.
(b) His blocking Isabel out as she speaks and instead considering alternative job options.
(c) How he wishes for her to turn into a diseased rat.
(d) How much he would like to leave and get a snack.
14. What is it about Azucena that Cuquita is jealous of?
(a) Her Guardian Angel.
(b) That she is an Evo.
(c) Her hair.
(d) Her two bedroom apartment.
15. What do we learn in chapter eleven about Ex-Azucena's body?
(a) It is pregnant.
(b) It has been injured on Korma.
(c) It is lost in the volcanic explosion.
(d) It has a deadly illness.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the mood in chapter eleven?
2. What is the one way for an unfaithful person to return to their original mate?
3. Who exchanges bodies on Korma?
4. How do the passengers riding with Azucena and Rodrigo react to their Astroanalysis session?
5. What body does Azucena travel in chapter fifteen?
This section contains 685 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)