|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does everyone congratulate Isabel for her bravery in Chapter 11?
(a) She saves a child from the volcano.
(b) She claims to have caught the person responsible for the murder of Mr. Bush.
(c) Her acts of bravery in a past life, when she helped war victims, are discovered and published.
(d) She earns acclaim for political stance on government aid to non-Evos in their personal evolution.
2. Which one of Azucena's companions dies in the police chase?
(c) Cuquita's grandmother.
3. This character begins chapter twelve saying, "How it pains me not to be able to calm Isabel's agitated state of mind."
(c) Isabel's Guardian Angel.
(d) Nero, the Demon.
4. At the end of chapter fourteen, who comes to check up on the narrator?
(b) His Guardian Angel.
5. What is the song at the beginning of chapter sixteen about?
6. What does Azucena practice on her way to the planet Korma?
(a) Performing a traditional dance.
(c) Her public speaking skills.
(d) Introducing herself.
7. What televirtualized images does Cuquita share with the others?
(a) The volcano that they saw in person.
(b) Images of Isabel during the Mexican Revolution.
(c) Images of Isabel as Mother Teresa.
(d) Their own figures as suspects belonging to a guerrilla group.
8. After analyzing the African violet, what does Azucena use Cuquita's invention to analyze?
(a) A spoon.
(b) A photo.
(c) A plate.
(d) An antique radio.
9. According to the narrator of chapter fourteen, what is the most common obstacle to the fulfillment of Divine Will?
(b) Social unrest.
(c) The work of the demons.
10. What does Azucena hope to do with the original capstone of the Pyramid of Love?
(a) Analyze it in order to see its history, and learn what Isabel has done.
(b) Return it to the top of the pyramid.
(c) Hold it in her hands until its power directs her to the love of her life.
(d) Destroy it.
11. What does the narrator of chapter twelve claim that wishes act as?
(b) Starting points for self-exploration.
12. What does Azucena's Guardian Angel fear losing?
(a) His job.
(b) His grasp on reality.
(c) His relationship with Lilith.
(d) His influence on Azucena.
13. Whose body does Cuquita see on the Televirtual?
(a) Isabel's daughter.
(b) Rodrigo's lifeless body.
(c) Azucena's former body.
(d) Her husband.
14. What does Azucena remember while listening to her music as she travels through space in chapter nine?
(a) Isabel killing her as a baby.
(b) Her wedding in a previous life.
(c) Her childhood dream of singing to an audience.
(d) Her abusive father.
15. What does the narrator of chapter twelve claim is the purpose of wars and social conflicts?
(a) To move toward social equality.
(b) To cause society to reflect on itself.
(c) To speed up the process of human evolution, as those who die can reincarnate and evolve more quickly.
(d) To distract the human race from its search for order, peace, and harmony.
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the photomentals of Ex-Azucena show as he talks with Isabel in Chapter 11?
2. What does Azucena organize in chapter fourteen?
3. What did Cuquita chat with about with the other passengers on the spacebus?
4. Who tells Isabel "Help me, please! My name is Ricardo Rodriguez. My wife brought me here in a spaceship..."
5. What does Teo claim has come from smoldering resentments throughout history?
This section contains 650 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)