|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapter 12.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Isabel have a demon in her life?
(a) Because of her interest in the dark side of life.
(b) Because of her desire to harm.
(c) Because of her own self-destruction.
(d) Because she was born under an evil star.
2. What does the narrator in chapter twelve suggest is nearing?
(a) The end of the world.
(b) The final battle.
(c) Azucena's personal downfall.
(d) Isabel's political win.
3. In chapter four, which character makes sloppy attempts to use elevated language?
4. What kind of situations does Anacreonte claim we are put in?
(a) Situations that correspond to our degree of evolution.
(b) Situations that allow us to develop our deepest personal interests.
(c) Situations that put the least evolved people in the greatest danger.
(d) Situations that can change our inner lives for the better.
5. Why does the narrator of chapter eight claim that Azucena had to go through losing Rodrigo?
(a) In order to learn about the timing of the universe.
(b) To learn to listen to her Guardian Angel.
(c) Because she will only be ready to be with Rodrigo in several thousand lifetimes.
(d) To find, in the search for a solution, a solution to a much larger problem.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Azucena's Guardian Angel think of her feeling isolated?
2. What is the song at the beginning of chapter twelve about?
3. What does the narrator of chapter twelve claim is the purpose of wars and social conflicts?
4. Near the beginning of chapter twelve, what is Isabel afraid to do that might otherwise relax her?
5. Why don't the scientists observing Azucena's memory of the Mexico City of 1985 trust her recollection?
This section contains 449 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)