• A brief discussion of the meaning of love and death ends with the idea that love ceases when one begins to love anew.
• Hernan Cortes constructed a new city on top of the old Aztec capital so that the memory of the old would die.
• Terror was a central part of the conquest, and even changed the Conquistador's bodies.
• Old stones have a certain "truth," or force that is not seen but felt.
• Rodrigo Diaz felt the force of these stones at the Pyramid of Love where he fell "captive" to the rhythm of Citlali's hips as she walked. Shortly after watching her, he rapes her inside the pyramid. For Citlali, this was a sacred site.
• Rodrigo sends for Isabel, his wife, from Spain. Her presence is a legal requirement for him to keep his land and slaves.
• Rodrigo continues to rape Citlali, and he feels he...
This section contains 4,054 words
(approx. 14 pages at 300 words per page)