Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel do while Albert and Margot pack up and leave the hotel?
2. What was noticeable about the film manager whom Albert introduced to Margot in Chapter 23?
3. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
4. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
5. Which illness is said to be going around Berlin in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Albert Albinus. What character traits define him? What issues or struggles does he face in the novel? Is he a tragic hero? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the motif of attraction and lust in the novel "Laughter in the Dark." Who is attracted to whom in the novel? How do these characters show their attraction or lust for others? How does their attraction cause trouble for them?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Albert and Elisabeth. How does Albert describe his relationship with Elisabeth? Are they happily married? What does Albert do to end their relationship? How does Elisabeth react? How does this event change both of their lives?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)