Final Test - Hard
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel do while Albert and Margot pack up and leave the hotel?
2. What was noticeable about the film manager whom Albert introduced to Margot in Chapter 23?
3. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
4. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
5. Which illness is said to be going around Berlin in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Axel and Margot. What does Axel feel for Margot? What does Margot feel for Axel? What struggles do they face in their relationship? Are their feelings for each other genuine?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Elisabeth's premonitions in the novel. Why does she have premonitions, and what do they often forecast? When did her premonitions begin? What does she make of her premonitions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss Nabokov's use of suspense in the novel "Laughter in the Dark." When does the author create suspense and why? What effect does suspense have on the tone of the novel?
This section contains 235 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)