|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the air at Rouginard smell of in Chapter 28?
2. What does Albert remind Margot that he is buying for her in order to cheer her up in Chapter 24?
3. What did Albert intend to do as soon as Margot entered their room in Chapter 30?
4. How did Margot feel at the sight of Albert grieving for Irma?
5. What is Axel drinking in the restaurant when Margot arrives?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the protagonist of the novel, Albert Albinus. What character traits define him? What issues or struggles does he face in the novel? Is he a tragic hero? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss Elisabeth's premonitions in the novel. Why does she have premonitions, and what do they often forecast? When did her premonitions begin? What does she make of her premonitions?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the relationship between Axel and Margot. What does Axel feel for Margot? What does Margot feel for Axel? What struggles do they face in their relationship? Are their feelings for each other genuine?
This section contains 834 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)