|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who gossips about Albert at the end of Chapter 22?
2. What does Irma dream about when she goes to sleep in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 26, what does Albert think Margot is doing when, in fact, she is having a tryst with Axel?
4. What was noticeable about the film manager whom Albert introduced to Margot in Chapter 23?
5. What does Axel find left behind in Albert and Margot's hotel room?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the setting of the novel "Laughter in the Dark." Where is the novel set? What time period does the novel take place in? Does this time period affect the plot or characters? What do the places in which the characters live, work, and visit tell the reader about them?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the use of irony in the novel "Laughter in the Dark." What is irony, and what are the three types of irony? Are all three types of irony present in the novel? What are some examples of irony found in the novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the author of the novel "Laughter in the Dark." What are some of his other works? What are some parallels between "Laughter in the Dark" and his other work? Are there any elements in "Laughter in the Dark" which Nabokov borrows from his own experiences?
This section contains 869 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)