|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel do while Albert and Margot pack up and leave the hotel?
2. What was noticeable about the film manager whom Albert introduced to Margot in Chapter 23?
3. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
4. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
5. Which illness is said to be going around Berlin in Chapter 19?
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the conclusion of the novel "Laughter in the Dark." What happens at the end of the novel? Is the ending surprising? Are there any unanswered questions?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the relationship between Axel and Margot. What does Axel feel for Margot? What does Margot feel for Axel? What struggles do they face in their relationship? Are their feelings for each other genuine?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the term 'femme fatale'. What is a femme fatale? Who is the femme fatale in the novel "Laughter in the Dark?" What does the femme fatale do to the protagonist?
This section contains 866 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)