|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions, 10 short essay questions, and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Margot said to resemble when Albert arrives at her flat in Chapter 10?
2. In Chapter 16, who does Margot think the footman at the dinner party resembles?
3. How did Elisabeth feel after reading Margot's letter?
4. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
5. What is the name of Albert and Elisabeth's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
2. What can Albert tell by watching the expression on Margot's face at the dinner party in Chapter 16?
3. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
4. In Chapter 4, what arrives in the mail?
5. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
6. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
7. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
8. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
9. What does Margot want to buy for her trip with Albert to Solfi?
10. When Margot runs into Otto and his friends , they take her into a bar. What memory does Margot recall?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
Discuss the relationship between Albert and Margot. What are their first impressions of each other? Who pursues whom? What attracts Albert to Margot? What attracts Margot to Albert? Why is Margot involved with Albert? What do they desire from one another?
Essay Topic 2
Discuss the genre of the novel "Laughter in the Dark." What is the genre of the work? What elements are found in this genre and this novel?
Essay Topic 3
Discuss the use of irony in the novel "Laughter in the Dark." What is irony, and what are the three types of irony? Are all three types of irony present in the novel? What are some examples of irony found in the novel?
This section contains 780 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)