|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Albert offer to do to the movie to calm Margot?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Reshoot it.
(c) Distribute it overseas.
(d) Cut out Dorianna's scenes.
2. Where does the ocular specialist recommend Albert go for the sake of his eyes?
(a) Back to Berlin.
(b) To the seaside.
(c) A sanatorium.
(d) An American hospital.
3. In Chapter 32, who does Elisabeth observe from her balcony?
(a) Two motorists having an argument.
(b) Children playing.
(c) A pigeon.
(d) An ice cream vendor.
4. In Chapter 31, Albert says that he thinks he sent their luggage on to __________.
(c) San Remo.
5. What does Axel do while Albert and Margot pack up and leave the hotel?
(a) Plays poker.
(b) Goes swimming.
(c) Drinks coffee by the pool.
(d) Plays golf.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which politician's name does Udo not recognize when Albert mentions him?
2. What did Albert intend to do as soon as Margot entered their room in Chapter 30?
3. While sitting with Margot in their hotel room in Chapter 30, what could Albert hear from outside?
4. Axel tells Albert he is leaving France for ___________.
5. Who gossips about Albert at the end of Chapter 22?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Chapter 31 begin with an explanation and description of?
2. What occurs when Margot removes her coat in Chapter 31?
3. What story does Axel tell Albert about his sculptor friend?
4. Why does Udo greet Albert with a bit of touchiness when they run into each other for a second time?
5. How does Margot pass the time while she is recuperating from her illness in Chapter 20?
6. What happens as a result of the layout of the hotel where Albert, Margot, and Axel stay at in Rouginard?
7. What does Axel tell the cook he hires from the mountain village?
8. What happens when Margot allows Axel to kiss her in Chapter 19?
9. What lie does Albert tell Margot at the end of Chapter 24?
10. What does Albert find different about his vacation with Margot in Rouginard as opposed to their vacation in Solfi?
This section contains 925 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)