|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Axel find left behind in Albert and Margot's hotel room?
(a) A note.
(b) An envelope containing cash.
(c) A newspaper.
(d) One of Margot's shoes.
2. Why does Albert stop the car suddenly in Chapter 31?
(a) To help Margot take off her coat.
(b) To keep from hitting a squirrel.
(c) To admire the sunset.
(d) To let Margot drive.
3. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She had a stuffed nose.
(c) She runs a fever.
(d) She has pain in her abdomen.
4. What does Irma dream about when she goes to sleep in Chapter 19?
(a) Playing hockey with her father.
(b) Feeding ducks with her father.
(c) Celebrating her birthday with her parents.
(d) Going to the zoo with her parents.
5. How did Margot feel at the sight of Albert grieving for Irma?
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Albert is said to be incapable of in Chapter 31?
2. At the beginning of Chapter 33, what operation has Albert undergone?
3. At the beginning of Chapter 28, what does Albert try to find out?
4. Why do Albert and Axel carry Margot when the three of them go for a walk in the mountains?
5. What does Axel drop to the floor which alarms Albert in Chapter 36?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Albert's trip to Zurich from France like?
2. What happens when Margot allows Axel to kiss her in Chapter 19?
3. In Chapter 29, what does Udo say he heard while on the bus?
4. After running into Margot in the street, what does Kaspar think to himself about her?
5. What does Axel tell the cook he hires from the mountain village?
6. How does the author make it clear that Elisabeth senses when Albert's accident occurs?
7. How does Axel annoy Paul at Albert's building in Chapter 20?
8. What story does Axel tell Albert about his sculptor friend?
9. What occurs when Margot removes her coat in Chapter 31?
10. What does Albert do when he finds out about Margot and Axel's affair?
This section contains 1,067 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)