|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take the travelling party to reach Rouginard from Germany?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Three days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Ten days.
2. Why does Albert stop the car suddenly in Chapter 31?
(a) To help Margot take off her coat.
(b) To let Margot drive.
(c) To keep from hitting a squirrel.
(d) To admire the sunset.
3. Who gossips about Albert at the end of Chapter 22?
(a) Albert's hall porter.
4. While sitting with Margot in their hotel room in Chapter 30, what could Albert hear from outside?
(a) Birds singing.
(b) A game of tennis.
(c) English voices.
(d) A child crying.
5. Which of the following is NOT something Albert is said to be incapable of in Chapter 31?
(a) Paring his right-hand nails.
(b) Making up a parcel.
(c) Tying a dress-tie.
(d) Hanging a painting.
Short Answer Questions
1. At the chalet, which room did Axel choose for himself?
2. What does Albert remind Margot that he is buying for her in order to cheer her up in Chapter 24?
3. Where is the chalet that Margot rents from an Irish couple?
4. What does Margot fling at Albert when he is trying to console her about her screen failure?
5. Which illness is said to be going around Berlin in Chapter 19?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Albert's trip to Zurich from France like?
2. What does Albert resemble when he gets out of the car at the chalet in Chapter 35?
3. What occurs when Margot removes her coat in Chapter 31?
4. What suggestion does Axel make to Albert in Chapter 25?
5. What lie does Albert tell Margot at the end of Chapter 24?
6. What story does Axel tell Albert about his sculptor friend?
7. What does Albert do when he finds out about Margot and Axel's affair?
8. How does Margot pass the time while she is recuperating from her illness in Chapter 20?
9. How does Margot feel about her film debut?
10. What does Axel convince Margot to tell Albert about the chalet in Chapter 36? Why?
This section contains 917 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)