|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What service does Axel offer to provide Albert for his trip to the South?
(c) Party organizer.
(d) Route planner.
2. Axel tells Albert he is leaving France for ___________.
(b) Los Angeles.
(d) New York.
3. In Chapter 26, what does Albert think Margot is doing when, in fact, she is having a tryst with Axel?
(a) Getting dressed for dinner.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Unpacking her luggage.
(d) Taking a nap.
4. In Chapter 34, when Margot leaves the hospital, where does she tell Albert she is going?
(a) To buy a newspaper.
(b) To buy him some pajamas.
(c) To a travel agency.
(d) To call Elisabeth.
5. Which of the following does Albert not see out of the window of his flat on the day of Irma's funeral?
(a) A dog following another dog.
(b) A motorcar splashing through puddles.
(c) A vendor selling tulips.
(d) A girl washing a pane of glass.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel say is "the point of life's joke" in Chapter 22?
2. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
3. What is the architectural style of the hotel in Rouginard?
4. Whom does Margot run into on the street in her old neighborhood?
5. What did Albert intend to do as soon as Margot entered their room in Chapter 30?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Axel annoy Paul at Albert's building in Chapter 20?
2. What happens as a result of the layout of the hotel where Albert, Margot, and Axel stay at in Rouginard?
3. What story does Axel tell Albert about his sculptor friend?
4. In Chapter 29, what does Udo say he heard while on the bus?
5. What does Albert find different about his vacation with Margot in Rouginard as opposed to their vacation in Solfi?
6. After running into Margot in the street, what does Kaspar think to himself about her?
7. What does the retired French colonel tell Albert which makes him suspicious?
8. What does Albert do when he finds out about Margot and Axel's affair?
9. What happens when Margot allows Axel to kiss her in Chapter 19?
10. What is Albert's trip to Zurich from France like?
This section contains 953 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)