|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Axel ask Dorianna at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) If she had ever been to America.
(b) If she was a fan of Bach.
(c) If she wanted to go for a drink.
(d) If she had read Tolstoy.
2. What does Udo notice when he runs into Germans abroad?
(a) They are very interested in local culture.
(b) They travel in large groups.
(c) They are rude.
(d) They assume no one can understand their language.
3. When Margot asks Albert where he is going at the end of Chapter 21, what does he tell her?
(a) To a funeral.
(c) To buy her breakfast.
(d) To take a walk.
4. In Chapter 34, what does Margot read aloud to Albert in the hospital?
(a) A letter.
(b) The Bible.
(c) The Great Gatsby.
(d) The newspaper.
5. What hangs in the back window of Albert's car?
(a) A plush monkey.
(b) A floral sachet.
(c) A tropical postcard.
(d) A miniature top hat.
Short Answer Questions
1. Which of the following is NOT something Albert is said to be incapable of in Chapter 31?
2. In Chapter 34, when Margot leaves the hospital, where does she tell Albert she is going?
3. While sitting with Margot in their hotel room in Chapter 30, what could Albert hear from outside?
4. What did Albert intend to do as soon as Margot entered their room in Chapter 30?
5. While sick, how does Margot amuse herself in Chapter 20?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Axel convince Margot to tell Albert about the chalet in Chapter 36? Why?
2. What suggestion does Axel make to Albert in Chapter 25?
3. What does Albert resemble when he gets out of the car at the chalet in Chapter 35?
4. What story does Axel tell Albert about his sculptor friend?
5. What is Albert's trip to Zurich from France like?
6. What lie does Albert tell Margot at the end of Chapter 24?
7. What happens as a result of the layout of the hotel where Albert, Margot, and Axel stay at in Rouginard?
8. What does Axel tell the cook he hires from the mountain village?
9. Why does Udo greet Albert with a bit of touchiness when they run into each other for a second time?
10. What does Albert find different about his vacation with Margot in Rouginard as opposed to their vacation in Solfi?
This section contains 1,026 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)