|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long was Elisabeth in confinement at the end of her pregnancy?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) One week.
2. What is Dorianna Karenina said to be famous for?
(a) Her Mona Lisa smile.
(b) Her relationships with men.
(c) Her horrible singing voice.
(d) Her lavish shopping sprees.
3. Which item did Albert remind Paul to take with him when he came to collect Elisabeth's things?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A doll.
4. In Chapter 10, what does Margot consider to be a boon and a blessing?
(a) She cannot have children.
(b) She was born pretty.
(c) She can talk her way out of anything.
(d) Rich men are attracted to her.
5. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
(a) He was at work.
(b) He had gone to Italy.
(c) He was visiting relatives.
(d) He was ill.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Albert's "one small request" when he met Margot in the street in Chapter 6?
2. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
3. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
4. What does Elisabeth blame for Albert's irritability and jumpiness in Chapter 7?
5. What is Albert's surname?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
2. What reckless behavior does Margot engage in after Axel leaves?
3. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
4. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
5. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
6. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
7. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
8. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
9. What can Albert tell by watching the expression on Margot's face at the dinner party in Chapter 16?
10. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
This section contains 899 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)