|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Irma carry in her hand into her parents' room in Chapter 4?
(b) A necklace.
(c) A doll.
2. What does Margot try to catch as she and Albert return to their room in Chapter 13?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A mouse.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A firefly.
3. What is Albert said to smell like?
(a) Good tobacco.
(d) Cheap cologne.
4. What project is Albert seeking to produce?
(a) An animation project.
(b) A stage play.
(c) A musical.
(d) A silent film.
5. What animal did Elisabeth and Paul watch at a park one summer day?
(a) A monkey.
(b) A dog.
(c) A squirrel.
(d) A fox.
Short Answer Questions
1. How old is Axel when he meets Margot?
2. How long did Axel stay at Margot's flat?
3. In Chapter 4, when Albert wakes up in the morning, what is Elisabeth doing?
4. When the news spreads that Albert and Elisabeth are living apart, which crowd is said to act like nothing has changed?
5. What is Dorianna Karenina said to be famous for?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Elisabeth find out about Albert's affair?
2. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
3. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
4. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
5. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
6. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
7. In Chapter 4, what arrives in the mail?
8. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
9. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
10. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
This section contains 815 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)