|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
(a) A rose.
(b) His telephone number.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A drawing of herself.
2. According to Albert, who locked him in the bedroom?
(a) A burglar.
(c) The housekeeper.
3. Why did Margot get into modeling?
(a) Just to make money.
(b) To meet artists.
(c) As a step toward movie stardom.
(d) To make contacts in the fashion world.
4. What is the only topic Albert is not frank about with Elisabeth?
(a) His job.
5. What is Albert's surname?
Short Answer Questions
1. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
2. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
3. How old is Elisabeth in Chapter 7?
4. What does Albert vow to do if Elisabeth dies because of his misdeeds?
5. Albert tells Margot his surname is __________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Albert decide he must do in order to stop tormenting himself about his family's absence?
2. How does Elisabeth find out about Albert's affair?
3. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
4. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
5. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
6. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
7. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
8. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
9. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
10. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
This section contains 814 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)