|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Albert, where did Paul urge Elisabeth and Irma to go?
(a) To stay in the country.
(b) To a resort in the mountains.
(c) To stay with her mother.
(d) To a hotel in the city.
2. What does Albert notice as he stands outside his flat door after spending the night with Margot?
(a) It is quiet inside.
(b) The temperature is colder than usual.
(c) He can hear Elisabeth crying.
(d) There is a pile of letters on the ground.
3. What does Margot ask her landlady to do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Read her fortune.
(b) Fill in for her at work.
(c) Lend her money.
(d) Call Albert's house.
4. What epidemic does Albert note seems to spread among the wives of his fellow scholars?
(a) An epidemic of headaches.
(b) An epidemic of charity.
(c) An epidemic of forgetfullness.
(d) An epidemic of disapproval.
5. How long did it take of living with Margot for Albert's memories of living with his wife and daughter to be dulled?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) Two months.
(d) Four months.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did an old man buy for Margot before dying?
2. How long did Axel stay at Margot's flat?
3. Who arranged for Margot to work as an usher?
4. What animal did Elisabeth and Paul watch at a park one summer day?
5. What is Margot wearing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
2. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
3. Why did Albert suspect Margot was hiding in his library?
4. Describe Albert and Margot's first encounter.
5. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
6. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
7. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
8. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
9. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
10. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
This section contains 962 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)