|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Margot get into modeling?
(a) As a step toward movie stardom.
(b) To make contacts in the fashion world.
(c) Just to make money.
(d) To meet artists.
2. What was Albert's condition for providing Margot with lodgings?
(a) She would never contact him again.
(b) He could store some artwork in her spare room.
(c) He could visit her occasionally.
(d) The flat would be in the same building as his flat.
3. In Chapter 15, Albert has gotten used to never speaking to Margot about ____________.
(d) His wife.
4. Upon closer inspection, what turns out to be what Albert thought was the red of Margot's dress?
(a) A book cover.
(b) Irma's doll.
(c) A tablecloth.
(d) A pillow.
5. After leaving Albert, where did Paul urge Elisabeth and Irma to go?
(a) To stay in the country.
(b) To a hotel in the city.
(c) To a resort in the mountains.
(d) To stay with her mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how long has it been since Margot last saw Axel?
2. What does Margot realize by visiting Albert's flat?
3. What does Elisabeth blame for Albert's irritability and jumpiness in Chapter 7?
4. What does Margot hope Elisabeth will do when she reads the letter?
5. At the end of Chapter 6, where does Albert look for Margot?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
2. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
3. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
4. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
5. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
6. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
7. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
8. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
9. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
10. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
This section contains 874 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)