|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did it take of living with Margot for Albert's memories of living with his wife and daughter to be dulled?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Four months.
(d) Three weeks.
2. What does Margot realize by visiting Albert's flat?
(a) He is married.
(b) He is old.
(c) He is wealthy.
(d) He is obsessive about cleanliness.
3. What project is Albert seeking to produce?
(a) A musical.
(b) A silent film.
(c) An animation project.
(d) A stage play.
4. Who does Albert claim to be when he opens the flat door to Otto?
(a) Margot's uncle.
(b) Margot's fiance.
(c) Margot's boss.
(d) Margot's roommate.
5. In Chapter 16, who does Margot think the footman at the dinner party resembles?
(a) A Greek statue.
(b) An English lord.
(c) Her father.
(d) A movie star.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
2. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
3. In Chapter 10, what does Margot consider to be a boon and a blessing?
4. What did Albert notice about Paul when he came to collect his sister's things?
5. What does Margot hope Elisabeth will do when she reads the letter?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
2. What did Margot think of Elisabeth based on her photo?
3. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
4. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
5. When Margot runs into Otto and his friends , they take her into a bar. What memory does Margot recall?
6. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
7. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
8. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
9. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
10. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
This section contains 894 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)