Mid-Book Test - Medium
|Name: _____________________________||Period: ___________________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where are Albert and Margot planning to take a vacation in Chapter 11?
2. What does Irma carry in her hand into her parents' room in Chapter 4?
(a) A necklace.
(d) A doll.
3. What does Albert notice as he stands outside his flat door after spending the night with Margot?
(a) It is quiet inside.
(b) There is a pile of letters on the ground.
(c) The temperature is colder than usual.
(d) He can hear Elisabeth crying.
4. What is Albert's surname?
5. Where did Albert and Elisabeth marry?
Short Answer Questions
1. On Axel's last morning at Margot's flat, what does he do?
2. How old is Axel when he meets Margot?
3. Who is the subject of a photographic study in the book Margot reads in Chapter 8?
4. In Chapter 17, how long has it been since Margot last saw Axel?
5. What could Albert see by straining out of his dining room window?
Short Essay Questions
1. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
2. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
3. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
4. When Margot runs into Otto and his friends , they take her into a bar. What memory does Margot recall?
5. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
6. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
7. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
8. What occurs when Margot removes her coat in Chapter 31?
9. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
10. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
This section contains 841 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)