|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Albert's last words to Elisabeth refer to?
(a) A rash on Irma's neck.
(b) Having to pick out a new set of dishes.
(c) The postman being late.
(d) Clothing needing to be picked up at the dry cleaners.
2. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
(a) He had gone to Italy.
(b) He was at work.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was visiting relatives.
3. What does Irma carry in her hand into her parents' room in Chapter 4?
(c) A doll.
(d) A necklace.
4. At the dinner party, what does Olga Waldheim tell stories about?
(a) Her travels.
(b) Her cats.
(c) Her gallery opening.
(d) Her childhood.
5. In Chapter 8, what is the servant girl whom Albert asks for information about Margot doing?
(a) Hanging clothes.
(b) Sweeping the yard.
(c) Making a bed.
(d) Washing windows.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who arranged for Margot to work as an usher?
2. Who does an Englishwoman mistake Margot for?
3. What is the name of Albert and Elisabeth's daughter?
4. Who does Albert claim to be when he opens the flat door to Otto?
5. Margot rides into the country with a man who drives _________.
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
2. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
3. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
4. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
5. Why did Albert suspect Margot was hiding in his library?
6. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
7. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
8. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
9. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
10. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
This section contains 926 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)