|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How late is Margot when she finally arrives at Albert's flat in Chapter 6?
(a) Forty-five minutes.
(b) One hour.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Twenty minutes.
2. In Chapter 17, how long has it been since Margot last saw Axel?
(a) One year.
(b) Two years.
(c) Six months.
(d) Three and a half years.
3. What is Albert said to smell like?
(a) Good tobacco.
(d) Cheap cologne.
4. How does Axel feel about finding Margot again?
5. Who does Albert claim to be when he opens the flat door to Otto?
(a) Margot's fiance.
(b) Margot's uncle.
(c) Margot's roommate.
(d) Margot's boss.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is the servant girl whom Albert asks for information about Margot doing?
2. What does Albert offer Otto before shutting the door in his face in Chapter 11?
3. What did Albert notice about Paul when he came to collect his sister's things?
4. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
5. What is the only topic Albert is not frank about with Elisabeth?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
2. Why did Albert suspect Margot was hiding in his library?
3. What does Albert decide he must do in order to stop tormenting himself about his family's absence?
4. What did Margot think of Elisabeth based on her photo?
5. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
6. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
7. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
8. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
9. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
10. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
This section contains 881 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)