|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Albert notice as he stands outside his flat door after spending the night with Margot?
(a) There is a pile of letters on the ground.
(b) He can hear Elisabeth crying.
(c) It is quiet inside.
(d) The temperature is colder than usual.
2. Who does an Englishwoman mistake Margot for?
(a) An actress.
(b) A waitress.
(c) Albert's daughter.
(d) Her niece.
3. In Chapter 17, how long has it been since Margot last saw Axel?
(a) Three and a half years.
(b) Six months.
(c) Two years.
(d) One year.
4. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
(a) A kimono.
(b) A housecoat.
(c) A shift dress.
(d) A red knitted shawl.
5. What is Margot wearing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
(a) A black bathing suit.
(b) A dressing gown.
(c) A sundress.
(d) A tennis oufit.
Short Answer Questions
1. What epidemic does Albert note seems to spread among the wives of his fellow scholars?
2. How does Margot find out Albert's real name?
3. In Chapter 15, Albert has gotten used to never speaking to Margot about ____________.
4. After tea, what did Margot go to buy in Chapter 10?
5. What does Margot try to catch as she and Albert return to their room in Chapter 13?
Short Essay Questions
1. In Chapter 4, what arrives in the mail?
2. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
3. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
4. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
5. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
6. What does Margot want to buy for her trip with Albert to Solfi?
7. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
8. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
9. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
10. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
This section contains 828 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)