|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Albert vow to do if Elisabeth dies because of his misdeeds?
(a) Kill Margot.
(b) Shoot himself.
(c) Marry Margot.
(d) Leave Berlin.
2. What did Albert pick out of Margot's bathtub?
(a) A shampoo bottle.
(b) A loofah.
(c) A spider.
(d) A bar of soap.
3. What did Albert notice about Paul when he came to collect his sister's things?
(a) Paul was quieter than usual.
(b) Paul's clothes were covered in mud.
(c) Paul had shaved clumsily.
(d) Paul was clenching his fists.
4. How long was Elisabeth in confinement at the end of her pregnancy?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) Two months.
(c) One month.
(d) One week.
5. Who is Albert's family physician?
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Margot Peters' brother?
2. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
3. How old is Axel when he meets Margot?
4. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
5. What does Otto tell Margot to get from Albert?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is Albert's trip to Zurich from France like?
2. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
3. How does Margot feel about her film debut?
4. What does Albert find different about his vacation with Margot in Rouginard as opposed to their vacation in Solfi?
5. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
6. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
7. After running into Margot in the street, what does Kaspar think to himself about her?
8. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
9. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
10. How does the author make it clear that Elisabeth senses when Albert's accident occurs?
This section contains 922 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)