|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 17, how long has it been since Margot last saw Axel?
(a) Six months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Three and a half years.
2. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
(a) A red knitted shawl.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A shift dress.
(d) A housecoat.
3. What does Albert receive an invitation to in Chapter 4?
(a) The Critic's Association.
(b) The Artists' Club.
(c) A gallery opening.
(d) A wedding.
4. In Chapter 15, Albert has gotten used to never speaking to Margot about ____________.
(d) His wife.
5. How does Margot refer to herself in the letter she sends to Albert inviting him to visit her?
(a) As a kitten.
(b) As a bird.
(c) As a fairy.
(d) As a damsel in distress.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margot ask her landlady to do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
2. How long was Elisabeth in confinement at the end of her pregnancy?
3. Where are Albert and Margot planning to take a vacation in Chapter 11?
4. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
5. Margot lets a man from which country kiss and caress her while on vacation?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
2. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
3. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
4. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
5. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
6. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
7. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
8. When Margot runs into Otto and his friends , they take her into a bar. What memory does Margot recall?
9. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
10. Describe Albert and Margot's first encounter.
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)