|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Margot think the footman at the dinner party resembles?
(a) Her father.
(b) An English lord.
(c) A movie star.
(d) A Greek statue.
2. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
(a) A kiss.
(b) A drawing of herself.
(c) A rose.
(d) His telephone number.
3. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
(a) He was visiting relatives.
(b) He had gone to Italy.
(c) He was ill.
(d) He was at work.
4. In Chapter 4, when Albert wakes up in the morning, what is Elisabeth doing?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Looking at the mail.
(c) Disciplining Irma.
(d) Making breakfast.
5. What does Margot try to catch as she and Albert return to their room in Chapter 13?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A firefly.
(c) A mouse.
(d) A butterfly.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who lets Albert into Margot's flat?
2. When the news spreads that Albert and Elisabeth are living apart, which crowd is said to act like nothing has changed?
3. Who arranged for Margot to work as an usher?
4. What does Irma carry in her hand into her parents' room in Chapter 4?
5. Where are Albert and Margot planning to take a vacation in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
2. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
3. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
4. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
5. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
6. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
7. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
8. Why did Albert suspect Margot was hiding in his library?
9. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
10. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
This section contains 886 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)