|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What game does Axel love to play, even in his dreams?
2. Who does an Englishwoman mistake Margot for?
(a) An actress.
(b) Albert's daughter.
(c) Her niece.
(d) A waitress.
3. Albert tells Margot his surname is __________.
4. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
(a) Irma's laughing.
(b) Classical music.
(c) His pounding heart.
(d) The traffic in the street.
5. In Chapter 8, what is the servant girl whom Albert asks for information about Margot doing?
(a) Sweeping the yard.
(b) Hanging clothes.
(c) Washing windows.
(d) Making a bed.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
2. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
3. On Axel's last morning at Margot's flat, what does he do?
4. What does Albert receive an invitation to in Chapter 4?
5. What is Dorianna Karenina said to be famous for?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the scene which unfolds after Paul steps into the Swiss chalet.
2. What troubling information does Paul learn at the bank?
3. What does Albert do when he finds out about Margot and Axel's affair?
4. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
5. What happens when Margot allows Axel to kiss her in Chapter 19?
6. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
7. What story does Axel tell Albert about his sculptor friend?
8. How does the author make it clear that Elisabeth senses when Albert's accident occurs?
9. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
10. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
This section contains 924 words
(approx. 4 pages at 300 words per page)