|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After tea, what did Margot go to buy in Chapter 10?
(a) A gramophone.
(b) A magazine.
(c) Some cookies.
(d) A pillow.
2. In Chapter 16, who does Margot think the footman at the dinner party resembles?
(a) Her father.
(b) A Greek statue.
(c) A movie star.
(d) An English lord.
3. What does Margot realize by visiting Albert's flat?
(a) He is wealthy.
(b) He is obsessive about cleanliness.
(c) He is old.
(d) He is married.
4. How does Margot find out Albert's real name?
(a) She looks at his mail.
(b) She looks at his hat.
(c) She asks his house porter.
(d) She overhears someone call him.
5. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
(a) Nine years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Fifteen years.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of Margot Peters' brother?
2. What could Albert see by straining out of his dining room window?
3. What is Albert's surname?
4. What does Margot hope Elisabeth will do when she reads the letter?
5. What does Albert offer Otto before shutting the door in his face in Chapter 11?
Short Essay Questions
1. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
2. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
3. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
4. What reckless behavior does Margot engage in after Axel leaves?
5. In Chapter 4, what arrives in the mail?
6. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
7. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
8. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
9. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
10. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
This section contains 824 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)