|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the dinner party, what does Olga Waldheim tell stories about?
(a) Her travels.
(b) Her cats.
(c) Her childhood.
(d) Her gallery opening.
2. Who does Margot move in with in the winter?
(a) A co-worker.
(b) Frau Levandovsky.
(c) Her brother.
3. Which item did Albert remind Paul to take with him when he came to collect Elisabeth's things?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) An umbrella.
(c) A doll.
(d) A wedding ring.
4. What does Margot hope Elisabeth will do when she reads the letter?
(a) Confront Margot at her flat.
(b) Pretend she doesn't know about the affair.
(c) Attack Albert.
(d) Disappear into the night.
5. Who is Albert's family physician?
Short Answer Questions
1. What did Albert's last words to Elisabeth refer to?
2. When early for an appointment one day, where does Albert pass the time?
3. What is the name of Margot Peters' brother?
4. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
5. What was Albert's condition for providing Margot with lodgings?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
2. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
3. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
4. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
5. What does Albert decide he must do in order to stop tormenting himself about his family's absence?
6. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
7. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
8. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
9. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
10. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
This section contains 792 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)