|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Albert's family physician?
2. What does Albert think has happened when Margot fails to invite him to her new flat?
(a) Margot has been in an accident.
(b) Margot has run away with his money.
(c) Margot has lost his phone number.
(d) Margot has a new lover.
3. How old is Elisabeth in Chapter 7?
(a) Thirty-nine years old.
(b) Twenty-nine years old.
(c) Thirty-one years old.
(d) Thirty-five years old.
4. In Chapter 5, which part of Margot's ensemble is described as 'shabby'?
(a) Her shoes.
(b) Her overcoat.
(c) Her handbag.
(d) Her hat.
5. Who is Frieda?
(a) Albert's maid.
(b) Irma's governess.
(c) Paul's wife.
(d) Margot's roommate.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert offer Otto before shutting the door in his face in Chapter 11?
2. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
3. What does Albert receive an invitation to in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
5. What is the name of Albert and Elisabeth's daughter?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
2. What does Margot want to buy for her trip with Albert to Solfi?
3. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
4. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
5. Describe Albert and Margot's first encounter.
6. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
7. How does Elisabeth find out about Albert's affair?
8. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
9. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
10. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
This section contains 789 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)