|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
(a) Classical music.
(b) Irma's laughing.
(c) His pounding heart.
(d) The traffic in the street.
2. At the end of Chapter 6, where does Albert look for Margot?
(a) In his library.
(b) At the cinema.
(c) In his dining room.
(d) At her flat.
3. Albert tells Margot his surname is __________.
4. How old is Axel when he meets Margot?
(a) Nineteen years old.
(b) Thirty years old.
(c) Thirty-four years old.
(d) Twenty-five years old.
5. What did an old man buy for Margot before dying?
(a) A fur.
(b) A diamond ring.
(c) An apartment.
(d) A bicycle.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margot rides into the country with a man who drives _________.
2. In Chapter 4, when Albert wakes up in the morning, what is Elisabeth doing?
3. How long did Axel stay at Margot's flat?
4. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
5. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
2. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
3. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
4. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
5. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
6. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
7. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
8. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
9. How does Paul find out about Albert's accident and whereabouts?
10. Why was Axel delighted that Margot was a failure on the screen?
This section contains 816 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)