|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Albert has gotten used to never speaking to Margot about ____________.
(d) His wife.
2. How does Margot refer to herself in the letter she sends to Albert inviting him to visit her?
(a) As a fairy.
(b) As a kitten.
(c) As a bird.
(d) As a damsel in distress.
3. On their holiday, where do Margot and Albert go in the evenings?
(a) To the theatre.
(b) The casino.
(c) To a cafe.
(d) To a dancehall.
4. Margot turns the nursery in Albert's flat into _________.
(a) A walk-in closet.
(b) A ping-pong room.
(c) A reading room.
(d) A sewing room.
5. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was at work.
(c) He was visiting relatives.
(d) He had gone to Italy.
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 16, who does Margot think the footman at the dinner party resembles?
2. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
3. Where does Paul usually spend his Sunday mornings?
4. When the news spreads that Albert and Elisabeth are living apart, which crowd is said to act like nothing has changed?
5. How old is Elisabeth in Chapter 7?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Albert do when he finds out about Margot and Axel's affair?
2. In Chapter 4, what arrives in the mail?
3. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
4. Why does Udo greet Albert with a bit of touchiness when they run into each other for a second time?
5. What can Albert tell by watching the expression on Margot's face at the dinner party in Chapter 16?
6. In Chapter 39, what does Albert begin to carry with him everywhere he goes?
7. How does Margot feel about her film debut?
8. What does the retired French colonel tell Albert which makes him suspicious?
9. In Chapter 29, what does Udo say he heard while on the bus?
10. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
This section contains 884 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)