|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margot realize by visiting Albert's flat?
(a) He is obsessive about cleanliness.
(b) He is wealthy.
(c) He is married.
(d) He is old.
2. Who arranged for Margot to work as an usher?
(a) Her mother.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her landlady's cousin.
3. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
(a) He was ill.
(b) He was visiting relatives.
(c) He was at work.
(d) He had gone to Italy.
4. What does Margot hope Elisabeth will do when she reads the letter?
(a) Confront Margot at her flat.
(b) Disappear into the night.
(c) Pretend she doesn't know about the affair.
(d) Attack Albert.
5. What does Elisabeth blame for Albert's irritability and jumpiness in Chapter 7?
(a) The coldness of their flat.
(b) His sore back.
(c) The weather.
(d) His job.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margot turns the nursery in Albert's flat into _________.
2. At the dinner party, what does Olga Waldheim tell stories about?
3. Where does Paul usually spend his Sunday mornings?
4. According to Albert, who locked him in the bedroom?
5. Why did Margot get into modeling?
Short Essay Questions
1. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
2. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
3. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
4. What does Albert decide he must do in order to stop tormenting himself about his family's absence?
5. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
6. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
7. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
8. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
9. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
10. What does Margot tell Albert when he asks how she found out his name?
This section contains 856 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)