|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
(a) Name cards.
(b) A lighter.
(d) A bowl of cherries.
2. How late is Margot when she finally arrives at Albert's flat in Chapter 6?
(a) One hour.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) Ten minutes.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
3. Upon closer inspection, what turns out to be what Albert thought was the red of Margot's dress?
(a) A book cover.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) A pillow.
(d) Irma's doll.
4. How old is Elisabeth in Chapter 7?
(a) Twenty-nine years old.
(b) Thirty-nine years old.
(c) Thirty-five years old.
(d) Thirty-one years old.
5. After tea, what did Margot go to buy in Chapter 10?
(a) A pillow.
(b) Some cookies.
(c) A gramophone.
(d) A magazine.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Elisabeth blame for Albert's irritability and jumpiness in Chapter 7?
2. Who does Margot move in with in the winter?
3. What is Margot wearing at the beginning of Chapter 13?
4. In Chapter 4, when Albert wakes up in the morning, what is Elisabeth doing?
5. What animal did Elisabeth and Paul watch at a park one summer day?
Short Essay Questions
1. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
2. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
3. What can Albert tell by watching the expression on Margot's face at the dinner party in Chapter 16?
4. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
5. What does Margot want to buy for her trip with Albert to Solfi?
6. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
7. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
8. What does Albert decide he must do in order to stop tormenting himself about his family's absence?
9. How does Elisabeth find out about Albert's affair?
10. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
This section contains 777 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)