|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. While thinking over her marriage, what sign of Albert's infidelity did Elisabeth come to realize?
(a) Lipstick on Albert's handkerchief.
(b) His late nights away from home.
(c) The smell of perfume on him.
(d) A strange note she had found.
2. What epidemic does Albert note seems to spread among the wives of his fellow scholars?
(a) An epidemic of forgetfullness.
(b) An epidemic of headaches.
(c) An epidemic of charity.
(d) An epidemic of disapproval.
3. Margot rides into the country with a man who drives _________.
(a) A motorcycle.
(b) A sportscar.
(c) A military jeep.
(d) A tandem bicycle.
4. Albert tells Margot his surname is __________.
5. Margot insists that she and Albert move to ________________.
(a) East Berlin.
(b) A hotel.
(c) A house.
(d) His old flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Margot find out Albert's real name?
2. What game does Axel love to play, even in his dreams?
3. What does Albert notice as he stands outside his flat door after spending the night with Margot?
4. What was Albert's condition for providing Margot with lodgings?
5. Who lets Albert into Margot's flat?
Short Essay Questions
1. What reckless behavior does Margot engage in after Axel leaves?
2. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
3. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
4. As described in Chapter 7, what did Paul overhear one day on the telephone?
5. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
6. What excuse does Albert tell Paul for being locked in the bedroom?
7. Why did Albert suspect Margot was hiding in his library?
8. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
9. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
10. What does Margot want to buy for her trip with Albert to Solfi?
This section contains 893 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)