|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What epidemic does Albert note seems to spread among the wives of his fellow scholars?
(a) An epidemic of disapproval.
(b) An epidemic of forgetfullness.
(c) An epidemic of headaches.
(d) An epidemic of charity.
2. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
(a) Five years.
(b) Nine years.
(c) Fifteen years.
(d) Twelve years.
3. On Axel's last morning at Margot's flat, what does he do?
(a) Sketches Margot.
(b) Steals her pocket change.
(c) Starts a small fire.
(d) Makes her breakfast.
4. Who does an Englishwoman mistake Margot for?
(a) A waitress.
(b) An actress.
(c) Her niece.
(d) Albert's daughter.
5. What is the name of Margot Peters' brother?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 8, what is the servant girl whom Albert asks for information about Margot doing?
2. At the dinner party, what does Olga Waldheim tell stories about?
3. What does Margot's father do for a living?
4. Why did Margot get into modeling?
5. While thinking over her marriage, what sign of Albert's infidelity did Elisabeth come to realize?
Short Essay Questions
1. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
2. What reckless behavior does Margot engage in after Axel leaves?
3. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
4. How did Albert track down Margot's new address?
5. When Margot runs into Otto and his friends , they take her into a bar. What memory does Margot recall?
6. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
7. What complaints does Margot have about working on the film set?
8. What were Elisabeth's thoughts when she read Margot's letter to Albert?
9. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
10. What does Otto tell Albert when he comes to Margot's flat in Chapter 11?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)