|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What did Albert notice about Paul when he came to collect his sister's things?
(a) Paul was quieter than usual.
(b) Paul was clenching his fists.
(c) Paul had shaved clumsily.
(d) Paul's clothes were covered in mud.
2. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
(a) Fifteen years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Twelve years.
(d) Nine years.
3. What epidemic does Albert note seems to spread among the wives of his fellow scholars?
(a) An epidemic of charity.
(b) An epidemic of headaches.
(c) An epidemic of forgetfullness.
(d) An epidemic of disapproval.
4. At the end of Chapter 6, where does Albert look for Margot?
(a) At her flat.
(b) At the cinema.
(c) In his dining room.
(d) In his library.
5. Margot insists that she and Albert move to ________________.
(a) A hotel.
(b) East Berlin.
(c) A house.
(d) His old flat.
Short Answer Questions
1. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
2. Who does Albert claim to be when he opens the flat door to Otto?
3. What is Albert's surname?
4. Why did Margot get into modeling?
5. What does Albert receive an invitation to in Chapter 4?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
2. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
3. When Margot runs into Otto and his friends , they take her into a bar. What memory does Margot recall?
4. What does Albert notice when he returns home after spending the night with Margot in Chapter 9?
5. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
6. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
7. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
8. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
9. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
10. What can Albert tell by watching the expression on Margot's face at the dinner party in Chapter 16?
This section contains 836 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)