|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Margot lets a man from which country kiss and caress her while on vacation?
2. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
(a) A drawing of herself.
(b) His telephone number.
(c) A kiss.
(d) A rose.
3. On Axel's last morning at Margot's flat, what does he do?
(a) Sketches Margot.
(b) Steals her pocket change.
(c) Makes her breakfast.
(d) Starts a small fire.
4. Upon closer inspection, what turns out to be what Albert thought was the red of Margot's dress?
(a) A book cover.
(b) Irma's doll.
(c) A pillow.
(d) A tablecloth.
5. What is Dorianna Karenina said to be famous for?
(a) Her horrible singing voice.
(b) Her lavish shopping sprees.
(c) Her Mona Lisa smile.
(d) Her relationships with men.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
2. Who is Albert's family physician?
3. Who does an Englishwoman mistake Margot for?
4. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
5. What does Otto tell Margot to get from Albert?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does Margot lose her self-confidence after her encounter with the Austrian man in Solfi?
2. What is the reaction of Albert's acquaintances to the news that Elisabeth has moved out?
3. What can Albert tell by watching the expression on Margot's face at the dinner party in Chapter 16?
4. How does Margot end up acting in a film in Chapter 15?
5. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
6. Who does Albert spot in the audience at the hockey game, and how does he react?
7. In Chapter 7, what is said about Elisabeth's view of her marriage with Albert?
8. Why does Margot weep after running into Axel again at the dinner party?
9. How does Elisabeth find out about Albert's affair?
10. How does Margot behave when she visits Albert's flat for the first time?
This section contains 847 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)