|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the destination of the mail plane mentioned in Chapter 32?
(b) St. Cassien.
2. What happens when Margot lets Axel kiss her in Chapter 19?
(a) Albert catches them in the act.
(b) Margot slaps him afterward.
(c) They are interrupted by Freida.
(d) His button gets caught in her lace.
3. How does Margot react to the news that Irma is deathly ill?
(a) She sends a gift to Irma.
(b) She tells Albert to go see Irma quickly.
(c) She says it's a lie.
(d) She is secretly happy.
4. How long did it take the travelling party to reach Rouginard from Germany?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Two weeks.
(d) Three weeks.
5. In Chapter 26, what does Albert think Margot is doing when, in fact, she is having a tryst with Axel?
(a) Getting dressed for dinner.
(b) Taking a bath.
(c) Taking a nap.
(d) Unpacking her luggage.
6. How did Margot feel at the sight of Albert grieving for Irma?
7. At the beginning of Chapter 28, what does Albert try to find out?
(a) Udo's address.
(b) If Axel can drive them to Spain.
(c) News from Germany.
(d) If Margot is having an affair.
8. What does the air at Rouginard smell of in Chapter 28?
9. Which politician's name does Udo not recognize when Albert mentions him?
10. What does Axel do while he works in his studio?
(b) Sings opera.
(d) Talks to himself.
11. Why do Albert and Axel carry Margot when the three of them go for a walk in the mountains?
(a) Margot sprains her ankle.
(b) Margot loses her shoe.
(c) Margot is afraid of stepping on a snake.
(d) Margot's foot becomes blistered.
12. What does Axel say is "the point of life's joke" in Chapter 22?
13. What makes Margot wild at the hotel in France in Chapter 26?
(a) The maids think she is Albert's daughter.
(b) The maids don't understand her.
(c) Another woman there has the same hat as she does.
(d) The swimming pool is unheated.
14. What does Albert decide not to tell Udo about?
(a) His relationship with Margot.
(b) Axel is gay.
(c) Irma has died.
(d) He and Elisabeth have separated.
15. What did Albert intend to do as soon as Margot entered their room in Chapter 30?
(a) Shoot her.
(b) Propose to her.
(c) Make love to her.
(d) Kidnap her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert offer to do to the movie to calm Margot?
2. What is Axel drinking in the restaurant when Margot arrives?
3. Axel tells the cook that Margot is _____________.
4. In Chapter 21, what does Albert think might happen if he goes to Irma's funeral?
5. What is the architectural style of the hotel in Rouginard?
This section contains 474 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)