|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Axel drinking in the restaurant when Margot arrives?
(a) White wine.
2. How long did it take the travelling party to reach Rouginard from Germany?
(a) Three days.
(b) Ten days.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two weeks.
3. What could Albert hear from outside the hospital window?
(a) Horse hooves.
(b) A siren.
(d) Someone crying.
4. What does Margot say Axel is in the habit of confiding in her?
(a) His professional secrets.
(b) His hopes and dreams.
(c) Stories about his family.
(d) His love affairs.
5. What lie does Albert tell Margot about Elisabeth?
(a) Elisabeth will take all of his money.
(b) He is already divorced from Elisabeth.
(c) Elisabeth refuses to divorce him.
(d) Elisabeth wants him back.
6. What is the name of the cook who works at the chalet?
7. What is the destination of the mail plane mentioned in Chapter 32?
(a) St. Cassien.
8. What does Axel drop to the floor which alarms Albert in Chapter 36?
(a) A boot.
(b) A book.
(c) A fork.
(d) A plate.
9. Which of the following does Albert not see out of the window of his flat on the day of Irma's funeral?
(a) A girl washing a pane of glass.
(b) A dog following another dog.
(c) A motorcar splashing through puddles.
(d) A vendor selling tulips.
10. Which politician's name does Udo not recognize when Albert mentions him?
11. Whom does Margot run into on the street in her old neighborhood?
(d) Her father.
12. What makes Margot wild at the hotel in France in Chapter 26?
(a) The maids think she is Albert's daughter.
(b) The swimming pool is unheated.
(c) Another woman there has the same hat as she does.
(d) The maids don't understand her.
13. At the beginning of Chapter 33, what operation has Albert undergone?
(a) Leg amputation.
14. What service does Axel offer to provide Albert for his trip to the South?
(c) Party organizer.
(d) Route planner.
15. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She runs a fever.
(c) She has pain in her abdomen.
(d) She had a stuffed nose.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
2. What does Albert decide not to tell Udo about?
3. What was noticeable about the film manager whom Albert introduced to Margot in Chapter 23?
4. While sitting with Margot in their hotel room in Chapter 30, what could Albert hear from outside?
5. In Chapter 31, Albert says that he thinks he sent their luggage on to __________.
This section contains 469 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)