|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margot say Axel is in the habit of confiding in her?
(a) His professional secrets.
(b) Stories about his family.
(c) His love affairs.
(d) His hopes and dreams.
2. In Chapter 34, when Margot leaves the hospital, where does she tell Albert she is going?
(a) To buy a newspaper.
(b) To a travel agency.
(c) To call Elisabeth.
(d) To buy him some pajamas.
3. In Chapter 26, what does Albert think Margot is doing when, in fact, she is having a tryst with Axel?
(a) Taking a nap.
(b) Getting dressed for dinner.
(c) Taking a bath.
(d) Unpacking her luggage.
4. What is Axel drinking in the restaurant when Margot arrives?
(d) White wine.
5. At the beginning of Chapter 33, what operation has Albert undergone?
(a) Leg amputation.
6. What does Axel do while Albert and Margot pack up and leave the hotel?
(a) Goes swimming.
(b) Plays golf.
(c) Plays poker.
(d) Drinks coffee by the pool.
7. What is characteristic of the road that Albert and Margot drove down, away from Rouginard?
(a) It is slippery with rain.
(b) It follows along a steep cliff.
(c) It is straight and flat.
(d) It is unpaved.
8. In Chapter 31, what does an old woman collect high above the road?
9. What does Axel ask Dorianna at the end of Chapter 23?
(a) If she had ever been to America.
(b) If she was a fan of Bach.
(c) If she had read Tolstoy.
(d) If she wanted to go for a drink.
10. What does Axel drop to the floor which alarms Albert in Chapter 36?
(a) A fork.
(b) A boot.
(c) A plate.
(d) A book.
11. What happens when Margot lets Axel kiss her in Chapter 19?
(a) Albert catches them in the act.
(b) Margot slaps him afterward.
(c) His button gets caught in her lace.
(d) They are interrupted by Freida.
12. In Chapter 31, Albert says that he thinks he sent their luggage on to __________.
(a) San Remo.
13. What does Albert offer to do to the movie to calm Margot?
(a) Burn it.
(b) Reshoot it.
(c) Distribute it overseas.
(d) Cut out Dorianna's scenes.
14. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
(a) The Hotel Santa Lucia.
(b) The Montaigne Hotel.
(c) The Hotel Britannia.
(d) Hotel Le Canberra.
15. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
(a) She has pain in her abdomen.
(b) She had a stuffed nose.
(c) She runs a fever.
(d) She has a headache.
Short Answer Questions
1. What lasting injury does Albert suffer as a result of his car accident?
2. Axel tells the cook that Margot is _____________.
3. What does Albert decide not to tell Udo about?
4. In Chapter 34, what does Margot read aloud to Albert in the hospital?
5. Which of the following does Albert not see out of the window of his flat on the day of Irma's funeral?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)