|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is characteristic of the road that Albert and Margot drove down, away from Rouginard?
(a) It is unpaved.
(b) It is slippery with rain.
(c) It follows along a steep cliff.
(d) It is straight and flat.
2. Who gossips about Albert at the end of Chapter 22?
(b) Albert's hall porter.
3. Why does Albert stop the car suddenly in Chapter 31?
(a) To admire the sunset.
(b) To let Margot drive.
(c) To help Margot take off her coat.
(d) To keep from hitting a squirrel.
4. What does Axel do while he works in his studio?
(b) Talks to himself.
(c) Sings opera.
5. Axel tells Albert he is leaving France for ___________.
(b) Los Angeles.
(c) New York.
6. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
(a) The Hotel Britannia.
(b) Hotel Le Canberra.
(c) The Hotel Santa Lucia.
(d) The Montaigne Hotel.
7. What could Albert hear from outside the hospital window?
(a) Horse hooves.
(c) A siren.
(d) Someone crying.
8. Whom does Margot run into on the street in her old neighborhood?
(d) Her father.
9. How does Margot react to the news that Irma is deathly ill?
(a) She tells Albert to go see Irma quickly.
(b) She says it's a lie.
(c) She is secretly happy.
(d) She sends a gift to Irma.
10. In Chapter 31, what does an old woman collect high above the road?
11. What is Axel said to have an itch to do to his fellow men in Chapter 22?
(a) Make fools of them.
(b) Teach them what he's learned.
(c) Take them for all they've got.
(d) Make them trust him.
12. To what does Margot compare her appearance onscreen?
(a) To a hippopotamus.
(b) To a witch.
(c) To a hollywood actress.
(d) To her mother's wedding photo.
13. What language does Udo say he would gladly write in since Germany is unappreciative of his work?
14. How does Albert feel on the train ride to Zurich?
15. Which politician's name does Udo not recognize when Albert mentions him?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel do while Albert and Margot pack up and leave the hotel?
2. In Chapter 34, what does Margot read aloud to Albert in the hospital?
3. At the chalet, which room did Axel choose for himself?
4. Who had been Albert, Margot, and Axel's dining room neighbor for the last two or three days in Chapter 29?
5. Where is the chalet that Margot rents from an Irish couple?
This section contains 448 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)