|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What language does Udo say he would gladly write in since Germany is unappreciative of his work?
2. On the day after attending the hockey game, what is wrong with Irma?
(a) She has a headache.
(b) She runs a fever.
(c) She has pain in her abdomen.
(d) She had a stuffed nose.
3. What is Axel said to have an itch to do to his fellow men in Chapter 22?
(a) Make them trust him.
(b) Make fools of them.
(c) Teach them what he's learned.
(d) Take them for all they've got.
4. Whom does Margot run into on the street in her old neighborhood?
(b) Her father.
5. What hangs in the back window of Albert's car?
(a) A floral sachet.
(b) A tropical postcard.
(c) A miniature top hat.
(d) A plush monkey.
6. What service does Axel offer to provide Albert for his trip to the South?
(c) Route planner.
(d) Party organizer.
7. What lie does Albert tell Margot about Elisabeth?
(a) Elisabeth wants him back.
(b) Elisabeth will take all of his money.
(c) Elisabeth refuses to divorce him.
(d) He is already divorced from Elisabeth.
8. While sick, how does Margot amuse herself in Chapter 20?
(a) By writing letters.
(b) By making prank phone calls.
(c) By bothering Albert.
(d) By reading movie magazines.
9. At the chalet, which room did Axel choose for himself?
(a) The sunniest one.
(b) The warmest one.
(c) The biggest one.
(d) The prettiest one.
10. What is the name of the hotel Albert, Margot, and Axel are staying at in Rouginard?
(a) Hotel Le Canberra.
(b) The Montaigne Hotel.
(c) The Hotel Santa Lucia.
(d) The Hotel Britannia.
11. What does Axel drop to the floor which alarms Albert in Chapter 36?
(a) A book.
(b) A fork.
(c) A boot.
(d) A plate.
12. Axel tells the cook that Margot is _____________.
(a) Albert's daughter.
(b) Albert's cousin.
(c) Albert's sister.
(d) Albert's niece.
13. What does Axel do while he works in his studio?
(a) Sings opera.
(c) Talks to himself.
14. What is Axel drinking in the restaurant when Margot arrives?
(a) White wine.
15. What could Albert hear from outside the hospital window?
(a) Someone crying.
(b) Horse hooves.
(c) A siren.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel say is "the point of life's joke" in Chapter 22?
2. What is the architectural style of the hotel in Rouginard?
3. What does Axel ask Dorianna at the end of Chapter 23?
4. How long does Albert wait at Paul's house before Irma dies?
5. In Chapter 27, where does Albert run off to thinking he will still be able to catch his bus?
This section contains 451 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)