|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After leaving Albert, where did Paul urge Elisabeth and Irma to go?
(a) To a resort in the mountains.
(b) To a hotel in the city.
(c) To stay with her mother.
(d) To stay in the country.
2. What grew in front of Margot's new building?
(a) Cedar hedges.
(b) Three poplars.
(d) A cherry tree.
3. What does Margot ask her landlady to do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Lend her money.
(b) Read her fortune.
(c) Fill in for her at work.
(d) Call Albert's house.
4. What did Albert's last words to Elisabeth refer to?
(a) A rash on Irma's neck.
(b) The postman being late.
(c) Clothing needing to be picked up at the dry cleaners.
(d) Having to pick out a new set of dishes.
5. How does Axel feel about finding Margot again?
6. What is the only topic Albert is not frank about with Elisabeth?
(b) His job.
7. In Chapter 10, what does Margot consider to be a boon and a blessing?
(a) She cannot have children.
(b) Rich men are attracted to her.
(c) She can talk her way out of anything.
(d) She was born pretty.
8. Which item did Albert remind Paul to take with him when he came to collect Elisabeth's things?
(a) A handkerchief.
(b) A wedding ring.
(c) An umbrella.
(d) A doll.
9. Who is the subject of a photographic study in the book Margot reads in Chapter 8?
(a) Hedy Lamar.
(b) Greta Garbo.
(c) Joan Crawford.
(d) Betty Grable.
10. Why did Margot get into modeling?
(a) To meet artists.
(b) As a step toward movie stardom.
(c) To make contacts in the fashion world.
(d) Just to make money.
11. What does Albert think has happened when Margot fails to invite him to her new flat?
(a) Margot has lost his phone number.
(b) Margot has run away with his money.
(c) Margot has been in an accident.
(d) Margot has a new lover.
12. How does Albert feel when he wakes up at Margot's flat in Chapter 9?
13. What is Albert's surname?
14. How late is Margot when she finally arrives at Albert's flat in Chapter 6?
(a) Ten minutes.
(b) Twenty minutes.
(c) One hour.
(d) Forty-five minutes.
15. Margot rides into the country with a man who drives _________.
(a) A tandem bicycle.
(b) A military jeep.
(c) A motorcycle.
(d) A sportscar.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Margot try to catch as she and Albert return to their room in Chapter 13?
2. What does Margot realize by visiting Albert's flat?
3. What does Baum do for a living?
4. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
5. According to Albert, who locked him in the bedroom?
This section contains 468 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)