|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did Axel leave Germany as a young man?
(a) To escape legal charges.
(b) To take a job in Paris.
(c) To live with his cousin in America.
(d) To avoid the war.
2. What does Albert think has happened when Margot fails to invite him to her new flat?
(a) Margot has been in an accident.
(b) Margot has a new lover.
(c) Margot has run away with his money.
(d) Margot has lost his phone number.
3. What animal did Elisabeth and Paul watch at a park one summer day?
(a) A fox.
(b) A monkey.
(c) A dog.
(d) A squirrel.
4. Who lets Albert out of the bedroom after Margot locks him in?
(b) Margot herself.
(c) Albert's housekeeper.
5. What does Baum do for a living?
(a) Baum is a doctor.
(b) Baum is a film producer.
(c) Baum is an author.
(d) Baum is a lawyer.
6. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
(a) A rose.
(b) A kiss.
(c) His telephone number.
(d) A drawing of herself.
7. Why did Margot get into modeling?
(a) Just to make money.
(b) To make contacts in the fashion world.
(c) To meet artists.
(d) As a step toward movie stardom.
8. When early for an appointment one day, where does Albert pass the time?
(a) Browsing in a hat shop.
(b) Reading in a park.
(c) At a cinema.
(d) At a cafe.
9. Margot insists that she and Albert move to ________________.
(a) His old flat.
(b) A house.
(c) East Berlin.
(d) A hotel.
10. In Chapter 10, what does Margot consider to be a boon and a blessing?
(a) Rich men are attracted to her.
(b) She cannot have children.
(c) She was born pretty.
(d) She can talk her way out of anything.
11. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
(a) A lighter.
(c) Name cards.
(d) A bowl of cherries.
12. What is Dorianna Karenina said to be famous for?
(a) Her horrible singing voice.
(b) Her relationships with men.
(c) Her Mona Lisa smile.
(d) Her lavish shopping sprees.
13. How long was Elisabeth in confinement at the end of her pregnancy?
(a) Two months.
(b) Three weeks.
(c) One week.
(d) One month.
14. Where does Paul usually spend his Sunday mornings?
(a) At the library.
(b) At the race track.
(c) At a Turkish bath.
(d) At a cafe.
15. What game does Axel love to play, even in his dreams?
Short Answer Questions
1. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
2. What is Albert's surname?
3. After leaving Albert, where did Paul urge Elisabeth and Irma to go?
4. What does Margot's father do for a living?
5. When the news spreads that Albert and Elisabeth are living apart, which crowd is said to act like nothing has changed?
This section contains 485 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)