|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Margot ask her landlady to do at the beginning of Chapter 6?
(a) Fill in for her at work.
(b) Read her fortune.
(c) Call Albert's house.
(d) Lend her money.
2. In Chapter 5, which part of Margot's ensemble is described as 'shabby'?
(a) Her handbag.
(b) Her hat.
(c) Her shoes.
(d) Her overcoat.
3. What does Margot press Albert about doing at the end of Chapter 17?
(a) Moving to a bigger flat.
(b) Going on holiday.
(c) Getting a divorce.
(d) Increasing her allowance.
4. Who is Frieda?
(a) Paul's wife.
(b) Albert's maid.
(c) Irma's governess.
(d) Margot's roommate.
5. What does Otto tell Margot to get from Albert?
(a) Fifty marks.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) His checkbook.
(d) The keys to his car.
6. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
(a) A shift dress.
(b) A housecoat.
(c) A kimono.
(d) A red knitted shawl.
7. How old is Elisabeth in Chapter 7?
(a) Thirty-nine years old.
(b) Thirty-five years old.
(c) Twenty-nine years old.
(d) Thirty-one years old.
8. What grew in front of Margot's new building?
(b) A cherry tree.
(c) Three poplars.
(d) Cedar hedges.
9. What does Elisabeth blame for Albert's irritability and jumpiness in Chapter 7?
(a) His sore back.
(b) The weather.
(c) His job.
(d) The coldness of their flat.
10. What was Albert's condition for providing Margot with lodgings?
(a) He could visit her occasionally.
(b) She would never contact him again.
(c) He could store some artwork in her spare room.
(d) The flat would be in the same building as his flat.
11. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Five years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Fifteen years.
12. Margot lets a man from which country kiss and caress her while on vacation?
13. Margot rides into the country with a man who drives _________.
(a) A sportscar.
(b) A tandem bicycle.
(c) A military jeep.
(d) A motorcycle.
14. What is Albert's surname?
15. Who does Albert claim to be when he opens the flat door to Otto?
(a) Margot's roommate.
(b) Margot's fiance.
(c) Margot's boss.
(d) Margot's uncle.
Short Answer Questions
1. What worried Elisabeth about the breakdown of her marriage?
2. How is Axel's personality described in Chapter 18?
3. What does Irma carry in her hand into her parents' room in Chapter 4?
4. In Chapter 6, after Albert hangs up from speaking to Margot, what does he sit and listen to?
5. Why did Margot get into modeling?
This section contains 434 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)