|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margot refer to herself in the letter she sends to Albert inviting him to visit her?
(a) As a fairy.
(b) As a kitten.
(c) As a damsel in distress.
(d) As a bird.
2. Where does Paul usually spend his Sunday mornings?
(a) At the race track.
(b) At a cafe.
(c) At a Turkish bath.
(d) At the library.
3. Who is the subject of a photographic study in the book Margot reads in Chapter 8?
(a) Greta Garbo.
(b) Hedy Lamar.
(c) Joan Crawford.
(d) Betty Grable.
4. How long did it take of living with Margot for Albert's memories of living with his wife and daughter to be dulled?
(a) Two months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Four months.
5. After tea, what did Margot go to buy in Chapter 10?
(a) A pillow.
(b) A gramophone.
(c) Some cookies.
(d) A magazine.
6. When the news spreads that Albert and Elisabeth are living apart, which crowd is said to act like nothing has changed?
(a) The intellectual crowd.
(b) The high-society crowd.
(c) That artistic crowd.
(d) The bohemian crowd.
7. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
(a) A housecoat.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A shift dress.
(d) A red knitted shawl.
8. What does Margot try to catch as she and Albert return to their room in Chapter 13?
(a) A cricket.
(b) A firefly.
(c) A butterfly.
(d) A mouse.
9. Who arranged for Margot to work as an usher?
(a) Her landlady's cousin.
(b) Her brother.
(c) Her mother.
10. What does Albert think has happened when Margot fails to invite him to her new flat?
(a) Margot has been in an accident.
(b) Margot has lost his phone number.
(c) Margot has run away with his money.
(d) Margot has a new lover.
11. What is the only topic Albert is not frank about with Elisabeth?
(a) His job.
12. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
(a) Twelve years.
(b) Fifteen years.
(c) Nine years.
(d) Five years.
13. What does Albert notice as he stands outside his flat door after spending the night with Margot?
(a) The temperature is colder than usual.
(b) He can hear Elisabeth crying.
(c) There is a pile of letters on the ground.
(d) It is quiet inside.
14. Upon closer inspection, what turns out to be what Albert thought was the red of Margot's dress?
(a) A book cover.
(b) A tablecloth.
(c) Irma's doll.
(d) A pillow.
15. Albert tells Margot his surname is __________.
Short Answer Questions
1. When early for an appointment one day, where does Albert pass the time?
2. How is Axel's personality described in Chapter 18?
3. At the dinner party, what does Olga Waldheim tell stories about?
4. What does Margot hope Elisabeth will do when she reads the letter?
5. How did Elisabeth feel after reading Margot's letter?
This section contains 489 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)