|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Margot refer to herself in the letter she sends to Albert inviting him to visit her?
(a) As a kitten.
(b) As a damsel in distress.
(c) As a bird.
(d) As a fairy.
2. In Chapter 4, when Albert wakes up in the morning, what is Elisabeth doing?
(a) Folding laundry.
(b) Making breakfast.
(c) Looking at the mail.
(d) Disciplining Irma.
3. Who lets Albert into Margot's flat?
(a) Margot's cook.
(b) Margot herself.
(d) Frau Levandovsky.
4. What does Baum do for a living?
(a) Baum is a doctor.
(b) Baum is a film producer.
(c) Baum is an author.
(d) Baum is a lawyer.
5. How does Margot say Albert feels about her in Chapter 14?
6. What did Albert notice about Paul when he came to collect his sister's things?
(a) Paul had shaved clumsily.
(b) Paul's clothes were covered in mud.
(c) Paul was clenching his fists.
(d) Paul was quieter than usual.
7. What was Albert's condition for providing Margot with lodgings?
(a) He could store some artwork in her spare room.
(b) He could visit her occasionally.
(c) The flat would be in the same building as his flat.
(d) She would never contact him again.
8. According to Albert, who locked him in the bedroom?
(b) The housekeeper.
(d) A burglar.
9. What is Albert's surname?
10. How long was Elisabeth in confinement at the end of her pregnancy?
(a) Three weeks.
(b) One month.
(c) One week.
(d) Two months.
11. Why did Margot get into modeling?
(a) To make contacts in the fashion world.
(b) As a step toward movie stardom.
(c) Just to make money.
(d) To meet artists.
12. What does Otto tell Margot to get from Albert?
(a) His checkbook.
(b) An engagement ring.
(c) The keys to his car.
(d) Fifty marks.
13. At the end of Chapter 6, where does Albert look for Margot?
(a) In his dining room.
(b) In his library.
(c) At the cinema.
(d) At her flat.
14. What does Margot's father do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a house porter.
(c) He is a salesman.
(d) He is a delivery man.
15. In Chapter 15, Albert has gotten used to never speaking to Margot about ____________.
(b) His wife.
Short Answer Questions
1. Margot rides into the country with a man who drives _________.
2. What is the name of Albert and Elisabeth's daughter?
3. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
4. What is the name of Margot Peters' brother?
5. Where are Albert and Margot planning to take a vacation in Chapter 11?
This section contains 421 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)