|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In Chapter 15, Albert has gotten used to never speaking to Margot about ____________.
(a) His wife.
2. In Chapter 10, what does Margot consider to be a boon and a blessing?
(a) She was born pretty.
(b) Rich men are attracted to her.
(c) She can talk her way out of anything.
(d) She cannot have children.
3. In Chapter 8, what is the servant girl whom Albert asks for information about Margot doing?
(a) Making a bed.
(b) Washing windows.
(c) Hanging clothes.
(d) Sweeping the yard.
4. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
(b) A bowl of cherries.
(c) A lighter.
(d) Name cards.
5. What worried Elisabeth about the breakdown of her marriage?
(a) Albert would try to get custody of Irma.
(b) People would think Elisabeth had done something wrong.
(c) Irma would be teased at school.
(d) She would be left penniless.
6. What does Otto tell Margot to get from Albert?
(a) His checkbook.
(b) The keys to his car.
(c) An engagement ring.
(d) Fifty marks.
7. What does Albert receive an invitation to in Chapter 4?
(a) A gallery opening.
(b) A wedding.
(c) The Critic's Association.
(d) The Artists' Club.
8. What epidemic does Albert note seems to spread among the wives of his fellow scholars?
(a) An epidemic of disapproval.
(b) An epidemic of forgetfullness.
(c) An epidemic of charity.
(d) An epidemic of headaches.
9. What does Baum do for a living?
(a) Baum is an author.
(b) Baum is a lawyer.
(c) Baum is a doctor.
(d) Baum is a film producer.
10. According to Albert, who locked him in the bedroom?
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) A burglar.
11. What does Elisabeth take Irma to the zoo to see?
(a) A tiger.
(b) An elephant.
(c) The penguins.
(d) A kangaroo.
12. On Axel's last morning at Margot's flat, what does he do?
(a) Sketches Margot.
(b) Steals her pocket change.
(c) Makes her breakfast.
(d) Starts a small fire.
13. On their holiday, where do Margot and Albert go in the evenings?
(a) To a dancehall.
(b) To the theatre.
(c) To a cafe.
(d) The casino.
14. What animal did Elisabeth and Paul watch at a park one summer day?
(a) A fox.
(b) A squirrel.
(c) A monkey.
(d) A dog.
15. What did Albert's last words to Elisabeth refer to?
(a) Clothing needing to be picked up at the dry cleaners.
(b) The postman being late.
(c) Having to pick out a new set of dishes.
(d) A rash on Irma's neck.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Axel give to Margot after they leave the dinner party?
2. Where are Albert and Margot planning to take a vacation in Chapter 11?
3. In Chapter 5, which part of Margot's ensemble is described as 'shabby'?
4. What is the only topic Albert is not frank about with Elisabeth?
5. At the end of Chapter 6, where does Albert look for Margot?
This section contains 467 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)