|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
(a) He had gone to Italy.
(b) He was at work.
(c) He was visiting relatives.
(d) He was ill.
2. Margot lets a man from which country kiss and caress her while on vacation?
3. What does Margot's father do for a living?
(a) He is an artist.
(b) He is a salesman.
(c) He is a house porter.
(d) He is a delivery man.
4. How does Margot say Albert feels about her in Chapter 14?
5. What is the name of Margot Peters' brother?
6. Who does an Englishwoman mistake Margot for?
(a) Albert's daughter.
(b) An actress.
(c) A waitress.
(d) Her niece.
7. What does Albert think has happened when Margot fails to invite him to her new flat?
(a) Margot has run away with his money.
(b) Margot has lost his phone number.
(c) Margot has been in an accident.
(d) Margot has a new lover.
8. Where did Albert and Elisabeth marry?
9. What does Albert offer Otto before shutting the door in his face in Chapter 11?
(a) Advice on a job that was available.
(b) A place to stay.
(c) A ten-marks note.
(d) A cup of tea.
10. How long did it take of living with Margot for Albert's memories of living with his wife and daughter to be dulled?
(a) Four months.
(b) One month.
(c) Three weeks.
(d) Two months.
11. What could Albert see by straining out of his dining room window?
(a) Margot's flat.
(b) A zoo.
(c) A park fountain.
(d) A church clock.
12. How did Elisabeth feel after reading Margot's letter?
(a) Like she was dreaming.
(b) Like Albert was dead.
(c) Like she was liberated.
(d) Like Albert was joking.
13. While thinking over her marriage, what sign of Albert's infidelity did Elisabeth come to realize?
(a) A strange note she had found.
(b) His late nights away from home.
(c) The smell of perfume on him.
(d) Lipstick on Albert's handkerchief.
14. What was Margot wearing when Albert visited her at her new apartment?
(a) A shift dress.
(b) A kimono.
(c) A red knitted shawl.
(d) A housecoat.
15. In Chapter 10, what amazes Albert about Margot?
(a) Her lack of curiosity.
(b) Her frankness.
(c) Her hidden intelligence.
(d) Her acting skills.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Albert's family physician?
2. What did Albert notice about Paul when he came to collect his sister's things?
3. In Chapter 16, who does Margot think the footman at the dinner party resembles?
4. What does Margot realize by visiting Albert's flat?
5. How long have Albert and Elisabeth been married?
This section contains 463 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)