Short Essay Questions
The 60 short essay questions listed in this section require a one to two sentence answer. They ask students to demonstrate a deeper understanding of the text. Students must describe what they've read, rather than just recall it.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 1-3
1. At the beginning of the novel what project is Albert trying to get off the ground?
2. Describe the relationship between Albert and his wife as the novel begins.
3. How is Margot described when Albert first sees her?
4. Who is Frau Levandovsky?
5. What reckless behavior does Margot engage in after Axel leaves?
6. Describe Albert and Margot's first encounter.
Short Essay Question - Chapters 4-6
7. How does Margot find out Albert's true identity?
This section contains 855 words|
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)