|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 31-33.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who arranged for Margot to work as an usher?
(a) Her brother.
(b) Her landlady's cousin.
(c) Her mother.
2. What is placed on the lacquer tray in Albert's hall in Chapter 16?
(a) Name cards.
(b) A lighter.
(c) A bowl of cherries.
3. In Chapter 21, what does Albert think might happen if he goes to Irma's funeral?
(a) Margot might leave him.
(b) He might be turned away by Paul.
(c) Elisabeth's family might harass him.
(d) He might reunite with Elisabeth.
4. What is Axel said to have an itch to do to his fellow men in Chapter 22?
(a) Take them for all they've got.
(b) Teach them what he's learned.
(c) Make fools of them.
(d) Make them trust him.
5. What is the name of Albert and Elisabeth's daughter?
Short Answer Questions
1. How is Axel's personality described in Chapter 18?
2. In Chapter 32, what does the old woman see approaching in the opposite direction of Albert's car?
3. What does Albert remind Margot that he is buying for her in order to cheer her up in Chapter 24?
4. While sick, how does Margot amuse herself in Chapter 20?
5. What does Albert receive an invitation to in Chapter 4?
This section contains 236 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)