|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Chapters 28-30.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the beginning of Chapter 28, what does Albert try to find out?
(a) If Margot is having an affair.
(b) If Axel can drive them to Spain.
(c) News from Germany.
(d) Udo's address.
2. Which illness is said to be going around Berlin in Chapter 19?
(a) Scarlet fever.
(d) Chicken pox.
3. Which of the following does Albert not see out of the window of his flat on the day of Irma's funeral?
(a) A dog following another dog.
(b) A girl washing a pane of glass.
(c) A motorcar splashing through puddles.
(d) A vendor selling tulips.
4. What does Albert offer Otto before shutting the door in his face in Chapter 11?
(a) A place to stay.
(b) A ten-marks note.
(c) A cup of tea.
(d) Advice on a job that was available.
5. In Chapter 10, what does Margot consider to be a boon and a blessing?
(a) She was born pretty.
(b) She can talk her way out of anything.
(c) She cannot have children.
(d) Rich men are attracted to her.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Albert decide not to tell Udo about?
2. When Albert left to live with Margot, what excuse was Frieda told to give anyone who called looking for him?
3. While staying at Margot's, what does Albert write in his letter to Elisabeth?
4. In Chapter 21, what does Albert think might happen if he goes to Irma's funeral?
5. Who is Margot said to resemble when Albert arrives at her flat in Chapter 10?
This section contains 304 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)