|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does the chameleon look at after being moved in "The Chameleon"?
(a) The child.
(b) The gods.
(c) The reader.
(d) The author.
2. In "Letter from a Caribbean Island" what does the old man do during the night?
(a) Watch Marina.
(b) Watch the falling stars.
(c) Watch dolphins.
(d) Watch sharks.
3. What does Dona Ernestina do with the flags the government offered her?
(a) She denied them.
(b) She burned them.
(c) She keeps them in a drawer.
(d) She is having them framed.
4. What did Manuel die of in "Corazon's Cafe"?
(a) Heart problems.
(c) Lung problems.
(d) Car accident.
5. What emotion traps women according to the author in "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does a stranger do when he sees the girl on a bus in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
2. Olga asks Joaquin to do what if he can not come to her?
3. In "The Paterson Public Library", how does the girl feel about going to the library as an adult?
4. In "How to Get a Baby", what helps fill the woman with new life?
5. Who does Dona Ernestina leave with at the end of "Nada"?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)