|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
(a) Buries himself in sand.
(b) Jumps off the pier.
(c) Writes a poem.
(d) Runs into the ocean.
2. Why did the author decide to wake up at 5 A.M.?
(a) To write.
(b) To exercise.
(c) To do chores.
(d) To paint.
3. In "Advanced Biology", what does the woman say the name of her first crush was?
4. Where was Olga spotted with Joaquin?
(a) Behind a barn.
(b) On the beach.
(c) At a club.
(d) In the woods.
5. What emotion traps women according to the author in "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual"?
Short Answer Questions
1. Olga asks Joaquin to do what if he can not come to her?
2. In "Lydia", what is Lydia currently obsessed with?
3. Why do the neighbor's decide to voice their concerns to Dona Ernestina in "Nada"?
4. Where does Marina watch an old man on the beach?
5. In "How to Get a Baby", what should the woman beckon?
This section contains 237 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)