|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How much earlier did the author need to wake up to work on her craft in "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual"?
(a) One hour.
(b) She woke up an hour later.
(c) Three hours.
(d) Two hours.
2. Why does the girl go to London in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
(a) To find a job.
(b) To sightsee.
(c) To speak at a conference.
(d) To attend Oxford.
3. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
(a) Runs into the ocean.
(b) Jumps off the pier.
(c) Buries himself in sand.
(d) Writes a poem.
4. After Corazon and Manuel were married, where did they live?
(a) With Manuel's mother.
(b) With Corazon's sister.
(c) With Corazon's father.
(d) With Manuel's brother.
5. What did Manuel die of in "Corazon's Cafe"?
(a) Lung problems.
(b) Car accident.
(d) Heart problems.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Corazon's Cafe", where did Corazon first meet Manuel?
2. Why does Dona Ernestina have shopping bags full of trinkets in "Nada"?
3. When does the girl say her looks became "exotic" in "The Story of My Body"?
4. In "Dear Joaquin", how long has Olga been gone?
5. What does Dona Ernestina do with the flags the government offered her?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)