|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl eats all the fruit before it ends up where?
(a) In the sky.
(b) On the ground.
(c) On the tree.
(d) In her house.
2. What did the father do when the girl wanted to go into the sugarcane field?
(a) Telling her sugarcane is poison.
(b) Breaking the sugarcane.
(c) Leading her away from the sugarcane.
(d) Hitting the girl with sugarcane.
3. What does the girl liken love to in "Fever"?
4. In "Absolution in the New Year", what does the girl's mother offer to console her?
(a) A hug.
5. What year is it in "Twist and Shout"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What type of fruit tree is in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
2. Why did the girl visit her grandfather in "The Witch's Husband"?
3. In 'The Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl reaches for fruit on what branches?
4. In "The Lesson of the Sugarcane", what does the girl's mother want her to smell?
5. What did the girl talk about when she was dressed up in "The Changeling"?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Lydia", how does the woman describe Lydia's tokens?
2. In "How to Get a Baby", how should women who want a baby interact with their child?
3. In "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish", what does the fruit represent?
4. In "Lydia", what does the woman say she remembers most about her friend Lydia?
5. When the woman in "Advanced Biology" thinks back to Ira, what does she wonder?
6. What does the girl do when she gets home from the party?
7. In "Unspoken", what does the mother want to tell her daughter?
8. Why does the mother buy a bedspread for her daughter in "Not For Sale"?
9. What happens when the chameleon looks at the narrator?
10. What things does the girl say she remembers most about her parents when she was a child in "By Love Betrayed"?
This section contains 689 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)