|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What color is the fruit in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
2. What happens when the girl goes to bed in "American History"?
(a) She cries.
(b) She writes in her journal.
(c) She smiles.
(d) She makes a wish.
3. What does the girl leave on the stove when she leaves her apartment in "Twist and Shout"?
(a) A carton of milk.
(b) An empty pot.
(c) A pot of rice.
(d) A pot of beans.
4. What happen to some of the mother's prayers?
(a) They dissolve into space.
(b) They get lost in the kitchen.
(c) They fall on the girl.
(d) They haunt the apartment.
5. What does the girl do with her diary at the end of "Absolution in the New Year"?
(a) Hides it.
(b) Burns it.
(c) Starts to write lies in it.
(d) Tears up the pages.
Short Answer Questions
1. What country was liberated in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
2. Who is killed the day the girl has plans with Eugene?
3. What did the girl do in "The Lesson of the Sugarcane" while she waited in the car?
4. Who says "not for sale" in "Not For Sale"?
5. In "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl eats all the fruit before it ends up where?
Short Essay Questions
1. In "Lydia", what does the woman say she remembers most about her friend Lydia?
2. In "The Story of My Body", what has the girl come to desire after marriage?
3. How does the girl's mother respond to the girl going to visit Eugene?
4. What does Olga want Joaquin to remind her of?
5. What happens at Dona Ernestina's party?
6. What happens when the girl ignores her father in "Dividir: To Divide"?
7. How did the girl's mother feel about her visit to the shop in "An Early Mystery"?
8. How did the girl take her anger out on her mother in "Absolution in the New Year"?
9. What happens at Juan de Dios's funeral?
10. In "The Story of My Body", how does the girl re-tell her infancy?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)