|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl do with the fruit she picks in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
(a) Bakes it.
(b) Throws it.
(c) Eats it.
(d) Gives it to her mother.
2. What color is the fruit in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
3. What does the girl notice about the type of voice her mother uses with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) It's quiter than normal.
(b) It's like the one she uses with her father.
(c) It's more soothing than she is used to hearing.
(d) It's unlike any voice she has heard.
4. Why do the kids at school tease the girl?
(a) For being tall.
(b) For being short.
(c) For being fat.
(d) For being skinny.
5. How long did the girl's grandmother live in New York?
(a) Two months.
(b) Two years.
(c) One month.
(d) One year.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Manny?
2. What is the name of the salesman in "Not For Sale"?
3. In "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl eats all the fruit before it ends up where?
4. What year is it in "Twist and Shout"?
5. What did the girl's father read in her diary?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does the girl learn about clothing in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
2. How does the girl describe her father in "Fever"?
3. What does Paciencia do during the night in "Paciencia"?
4. In "The Myth of the Latin Woman", what happens at a business meeting?
5. In "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual", how does the author help change her life?
6. What happens the night the old man sees a dolphin in "Letter from a Caribbean Island"?
7. In "The Lesson of the Sugarcane", why does the girl feel she was taken to the car?
8. What things does the girl say she remembers most about her parents when she was a child in "By Love Betrayed"?
9. What happens when the medium's friends visit her in "The Medium's Burden"?
10. What happens at Dona Ernestina's party?
This section contains 724 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)