|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why do the neighbor's decide to voice their concerns to Dona Ernestina in "Nada"?
(a) Because Dona Ernestina knew the mayor.
(b) Because of the noise she had been making.
(c) Because of the people coming to the building.
(d) Because they felt she was too lonely.
2. What do the women who never marry do in "Woman Who Love Angels"?
(a) Play the piano.
(b) Write poetry.
3. In "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual", what does the author say doesn't help women?
4. In "Advanced Biology", where is the woman going?
(a) Daytona Beach.
(d) New Orleans.
5. Where does the woman in "Advanced Biology" visit her mother?
(a) New York.
(b) Puerto Rico.
(c) A nursing home.
6. "How to Get a Baby" explains the role of what world for island woman?
(a) The religous world.
(b) The biological world.
(c) The spiritual world.
(d) The physical world.
7. In "Letter from a Caribbean Island", why is Marina recovering?
(a) From the death of her mother.
(b) From the death of her husband.
(c) From the death of her sister.
(d) From the death of her baby.
8. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
(a) Writes a poem.
(b) Buries himself in sand.
(c) Jumps off the pier.
(d) Runs into the ocean.
9. Who does Olga tell Joaquin to ignore?
(a) Her mother.
(d) Her father.
10. What did Juana reject in "Juana: An Old Story"?
(a) The church.
(b) Her family.
(c) The government.
(d) Her education.
11. In "The Chameleon", what happens after the chameleon is moved?
(a) He does not leave.
(b) He finds something to eat.
(c) He goes back to the leaf.
(d) He runs away.
12. Where was Olga spotted with Joaquin?
(a) At a club.
(b) Behind a barn.
(c) In the woods.
(d) On the beach.
13. In "How to Get a Baby", where should a woman sit if she wants a baby?
(a) The banks of a river.
(b) The bottom of a tree.
(c) The top of a mountain.
(d) The edge of the sea.
14. Why does the woman in "The Myth of the Latin Woman" know she is fortunate?
(a) Because of her large fortune.
(b) Because of her worldly travels.
(c) Because of her educational opportunities.
(d) Because of her career.
15. In "The Paterson Public Library", what does the woman credit for helping her escape the violence of her city?
(a) Her friends and the librarians.
(b) Her friends and books.
(c) Her parents and books.
(d) Librarians and her parents.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lydia", what is Lydia currently obsessed with?
2. Why does Dona Ernestina have shopping bags full of trinkets in "Nada"?
3. In "Lydia", what was considered a "token" to the woman?
4. What does the husband in "The Campesino's Lament" wish of his wife?
5. In "The Paterson Public Library", how does the girl feel about going to the library as an adult?
This section contains 521 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)