|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. At the end of "Letter from a Caribbean Island", what does Marina say she finally knows?
(a) How to love.
(b) That she will be rich.
(c) That she will heal.
(d) How to swim.
2. In "Lydia", how long has it been since the woman has seen Lydia?
(a) 15 years.
(b) 10 years.
(c) 30 years.
(d) 20 years.
3. In "Corazon's Cafe", where did Corazon first meet Manuel?
(a) In a New York apartment building.
(b) In a cafe.
(c) At a store.
(d) At a funeral.
4. In "How to Get a Baby", what should the woman beckon?
(a) The help of her husband.
(b) The favors of God.
(c) The soul of her child.
(d) The fertility master.
5. In "The Paterson Public Library", what day of the week did the girl walk to the library?
6. In "Dear Joaquin", what does Olga drink when she writes Joaquin letters?
(b) Club soda.
7. In "Advanced Biology", where is the woman going?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Daytona Beach.
8. What does Dona Ernestina do with the flags the government offered her?
(a) She denied them.
(b) She burned them.
(c) She keeps them in a drawer.
(d) She is having them framed.
9. Who does Olga tell Joaquin to ignore?
(a) Her father.
(c) Her mother.
10. In "The Paterson Public Library", how does the girl feel about going to the library as an adult?
(a) She gets a rush.
(b) She doesn't go to library anymore.
(c) She is moved to tears.
(d) She is full of fear.
11. In "The Story of My Body", why was the girl removed from the store?
(a) For touching a doll.
(b) For breaking a vase.
(c) For stealing candy.
(d) For not having any money.
12. What religion was the woman in "Advanced Biology"?
13. In "How to Get a Baby", where should a woman sit if she wants a baby?
(a) The edge of the sea.
(b) The banks of a river.
(c) The top of a mountain.
(d) The bottom of a tree.
14. In "The Myth of the Latin Woman", what does one of the girl's colleagues tell her about Puerto Rican's clothing?
(a) They never seem to match.
(b) They are always well tailored.
(c) They wear everything at once.
(d) They have too many accessories.
15. In "How to Get a Baby", what helps fill the woman with new life?
(a) The waves crashing.
(b) The rocks tumbling.
(c) The wind blowing east.
(d) The tide pulled away.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does the woman in "The Myth of the Latin Woman" know she is fortunate?
2. How much earlier did the author need to wake up to work on her craft in "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual"?
3. What scars the girl in "The Story of My Body"?
4. What does the husband in "The Campesino's Lament" wish of his wife?
5. What do the women who never marry do in "Woman Who Love Angels"?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)