|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In "Corazon's Cafe", where did Corazon first meet Manuel?
(a) At a store.
(b) In a New York apartment building.
(c) At a funeral.
(d) In a cafe.
2. In "Lydia", what is Lydia currently obsessed with?
(c) Fine arts.
3. How much earlier did the author need to wake up to work on her craft in "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual"?
(a) Three hours.
(b) Two hours.
(c) She woke up an hour later.
(d) One hour.
4. In "The Story of My Body", how is the girl viewed in Puerto Rico?
5. How does Dona Ernestina decide to honor her husband and son in "Nada"?
(a) By having a parade.
(b) By having a vigil.
(c) By having a garage sale.
(d) By having a party.
6. What is the chameleon looking for in "The Chameleon"?
(a) A transformation.
(b) Some nutrition.
(c) A place to sleep.
(d) An explanation.
7. In "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual", what does the author say doesn't help women?
8. What turning point is "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual" about?
(a) Becoming a published author.
(b) Becoming a college graduate.
(c) Becoming a mother.
(d) Becoming rich.
9. What does a stranger do when he sees the girl on a bus in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
(a) He sings songs.
(b) He kicks her.
(c) He asks her out.
(d) He laughs at her.
10. Why do the neighbor's decide to voice their concerns to Dona Ernestina in "Nada"?
(a) Because Dona Ernestina knew the mayor.
(b) Because of the noise she had been making.
(c) Because they felt she was too lonely.
(d) Because of the people coming to the building.
11. In "The Story of My Body", why was the girl removed from the store?
(a) For breaking a vase.
(b) For not having any money.
(c) For stealing candy.
(d) For touching a doll.
12. Why does the woman in "The Myth of the Latin Woman" know she is fortunate?
(a) Because of her career.
(b) Because of her educational opportunities.
(c) Because of her worldly travels.
(d) Because of her large fortune.
13. Olga asks Joaquin to do what if he can not come to her?
(a) Send her money.
(b) Forget about her.
(c) Call her.
(d) Write her.
14. Where did the woman in "Advanced Biology" spend her childhood?
(a) New York.
(b) New Jersey.
(d) Puerto Rico.
15. What color leaf does the chameleon start out on in "The Chameleon"?
Short Answer Questions
1. In "The Paterson Public Library", what day of the week did the girl walk to the library?
2. Who does the chameleon look at after being moved in "The Chameleon"?
3. What do the women who never marry do in "Woman Who Love Angels"?
4. In "Dear Joaquin", what does Olga drink when she writes Joaquin letters?
5. What does Dona Ernestina do with the flags the government offered her?
This section contains 482 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)