|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lorraine tell the girl every day in "The Paterson Public Library"?
(a) That she will tell on her.
(b) That she will steal her money.
(c) That she will beat her up.
(d) That she will cheat off of her.
2. What does a stranger do when he sees the girl on a bus in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
(a) He sings songs.
(b) He asks her out.
(c) He kicks her.
(d) He laughs at her.
3. Why has Lydia come back to town in "Lydia"?
(a) For a wedding.
(b) For a funeral.
(c) For a vacation.
(d) To buy a house.
4. What do the women who never marry do in "Woman Who Love Angels"?
(a) Write poetry.
(c) Play the piano.
5. In "The Story of My Body", why is the girl teased at school?
(a) For being overweight.
(b) For not speaking English.
(c) For being skinny.
(d) For falling down.
6. Where does the woman in "Advanced Biology" visit her mother?
(a) A nursing home.
(c) Puerto Rico.
(d) New York.
7. In "The Chameleon", where is the chameleon moved after the leaf?
8. What type of store did Corazon and Manuel have in New York?
9. In "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual", what does the author say doesn't help women?
10. In "The Myth of the Latin Woman", what does one of the girl's colleagues tell her about Puerto Rican's clothing?
(a) They never seem to match.
(b) They wear everything at once.
(c) They are always well tailored.
(d) They have too many accessories.
11. In "The Myth of the Latin Woman", the woman remarks that Latinas are viewed as what?
(a) Comic characters or domestics.
(b) Mothers or sisters.
(c) Unemployed domestics.
(d) Comedians or fools.
12. What is the woman called in a business meeting in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
13. What is described as eating away at a woman's life in "5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual"?
(a) Writing demands.
(b) Family demands.
(c) Career demands.
14. In "Advanced Biology", where is the woman going?
(c) New Orleans.
(d) Daytona Beach.
15. According to "How to Get a Baby", what should the woman do when she sees the form of her baby?
(a) Run to it.
(b) Call it.
(c) Close her eyes.
(d) Sit still.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lydia", what is the last token Lydia leaves?
2. In "Corazon's Cafe", where is Inocencia from originally?
3. In "Guard Duty", what hangs over the Puerto Rican child's bed?
4. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
5. Who does Dona Ernestina leave with at the end of "Nada"?
This section contains 478 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)