|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl's father respond to the salesman in "Not For Sale"?
(a) He is confused.
(b) He is pleased.
(c) He is outraged.
(d) He is saddened.
2. Where did the girl's father work at night?
(a) A night club.
(b) A cemetery.
(c) A hotel.
(d) A department store.
3. What did the father do when the girl wanted to go into the sugarcane field?
(a) Hitting the girl with sugarcane.
(b) Breaking the sugarcane.
(c) Leading her away from the sugarcane.
(d) Telling her sugarcane is poison.
4. What did the girl's mother insist she do in "The Changeling"?
(a) Change into her own clothes.
(b) Go to the store.
(c) Braid the neighbor's hair.
(d) Make dinner in her costume.
5. Whose clothes did the girl wear in "The Changeling"?
(a) Her mother's
(b) Her brother's.
(c) Her own.
(d) Her father's
6. Who says that sugarcane is dangerous?
(a) The father.
(b) The girl.
(c) The mother.
(d) A stranger.
7. What does the girl liken love to in "Fever"?
8. Why does the girl slip away from Manny at the party?
(a) He is looking at another girl.
(b) He is talking too much.
(c) He is not dancing at all.
(d) He is dancing too roughly.
9. What does the girl notice about the type of voice her mother uses with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) It's like the one she uses with her father.
(b) It's more soothing than she is used to hearing.
(c) It's quiter than normal.
(d) It's unlike any voice she has heard.
10. After leaving the shop in "An Early Mystery", what does the girl think about the woman?
(a) The girl hates the woman.
(b) The girl can't remember the woman at all.
(c) The girl feels the woman is still there.
(d) The girl tries to see the woman again.
11. Where did "they" come from in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
(c) Sierra Maestra.
12. In "Absolution in the New Year", what does the girl's father feel the girl is becoming?
(a) A liar.
(b) A fool.
(c) A Jezebel.
(d) A thief.
13. What does the girl see at Juan de Dios's funeral that makes her run out?
(a) His hands.
(b) Her crush.
(c) Her face in a mirror.
(d) His family.
14. What did "they" float through in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
(b) The crowd.
(c) The ocean.
(d) The sky.
15. In "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl eats all the fruit before it ends up where?
(a) In her house.
(b) In the sky.
(c) On the ground.
(d) On the tree.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the girl first notice about the woman that talks to her in the show in "An Early Mystery"?
2. Who is killed the day the girl has plans with Eugene?
3. How long did the girl's grandmother live in New York?
4. Who says "not for sale" in "Not For Sale"?
5. Why did the girl stay home from school in "By Love Betrayed"?
This section contains 507 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)