|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl feel about living in the city?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She loves it.
(c) She makes fun of it.
(d) She doesn't really care.
2. What color did "they" wear in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
3. Who says that sugarcane is dangerous?
(a) The father.
(b) The mother.
(c) A stranger.
(d) The girl.
4. How is Fidel Castro described in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
5. In "By Love Betrayed", what does the girl say that she remembers most about her father?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His smile.
(c) His eyes.
(d) His smell.
6. How does the girl treat her father in "Dividir: To Divide"?
(a) She tries to provide support for him.
(b) She argues with him daily.
(c) She doesn't let him back in the apartment.
(d) She doesn't let him do anything for her.
7. What type of fruit tree is in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
8. What happen to some of the mother's prayers?
(a) They haunt the apartment.
(b) They get lost in the kitchen.
(c) They dissolve into space.
(d) They fall on the girl.
9. Why does the girl slip away from Manny at the party?
(a) He is not dancing at all.
(b) He is dancing too roughly.
(c) He is looking at another girl.
(d) He is talking too much.
10. What did the girl talk about when she was dressed up in "The Changeling"?
(a) Tales of wars and wonders.
(b) Tales of feasts and festivities.
(c) Tales of battles and brotherhood.
(d) Tales of parties and pain.
11. In "Absolution in the New Year", what does the girl's father feel the girl is becoming?
(a) A thief.
(b) A Jezebel.
(c) A liar.
(d) A fool.
12. Where does the narrator live?
(a) New Jersey.
(d) New York.
13. What did the girl's father read in her diary?
(a) Friends that had betrayed her.
(b) Her first puppy love.
(c) The things she hated most.
(d) Her dreams for her future.
14. How does the girl's mother react to the girl's father in "Fever"?
(a) She argues.
(b) She cries.
(c) She is silent.
(d) She complains.
15. What does the girl liken love to in "Fever"?
Short Answer Questions
1. What animal is rumored to be among the sugarcane?
2. What grade is the narrator in?
3. How many children do the girl's grandparents have?
4. Who is killed the day the girl has plans with Eugene?
5. In "Fever", when does the girl remember seeing her father?
This section contains 419 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)