|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How long did the girl's grandmother live in New York?
(a) One month.
(b) Two years.
(c) One year.
(d) Two months.
2. Who was the girl pretending to be in "The Changeling"?
(a) Her father.
(b) Fidel Castro.
(c) Che Guevara.
(d) Her brother.
3. How many children do the girl's grandparents have?
4. What color did "they" wear in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
5. What type of fruit tree is in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
6. What year is it in "Twist and Shout"?
7. What did the grandmother promise the grandfather when she returned from New York?
(a) To cook him dinner every night.
(b) To stay by his side.
(c) To raise his children.
(d) To let him move to the United States.
8. What item does the girl debate the value of in "An Early Mystery"?
9. In "The Lesson of the Sugarcane", what does the girl's mother want her to smell?
(a) Freshly cut grass.
(b) Flat tires.
(c) The sun.
10. Why does the girl slip away from Manny at the party?
(a) He is looking at another girl.
(b) He is not dancing at all.
(c) He is talking too much.
(d) He is dancing too roughly.
11. What does the girl first notice about the woman that talks to her in the show in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) Her clothes.
(b) Her voice.
(c) Her eyes.
(d) Her smell.
12. In "By Love Betrayed", what does the girl say that she remembers most about her father?
(a) His laugh.
(b) His eyes.
(c) His smell.
(d) His smile.
13. Who says that sugarcane is dangerous?
(a) A stranger.
(b) The father.
(c) The mother.
(d) The girl.
14. What did the girl talk about when she was dressed up in "The Changeling"?
(a) Tales of feasts and festivities.
(b) Tales of wars and wonders.
(c) Tales of battles and brotherhood.
(d) Tales of parties and pain.
15. What does the girl hear at night in "Orar: To Pray"?
(a) Her mother crying.
(b) Her mother kneeling.
(c) Her mother calling her aunt.
(d) Her mother leaving.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the girl know what apartment her father is in in "By Love Betrayed"?
2. In the grandmother's story, what does the husband thank God for?
3. In "An Early Mystery", what does the woman ask the girl?
4. Why does the girl leave her apartment in "Twist and Shout"?
5. What did the girl's father read in her diary?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)