|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To whom does Marina write a letter in "Letter from a Caribbean Island"?
(a) Dona Flor.
(d) The girl narrator.
2. In "Letter from a Caribbean Island" what does the old man do during the night?
(a) Watch the falling stars.
(b) Watch Marina.
(c) Watch dolphins.
(d) Watch sharks.
3. What happens when the girl goes to bed in "American History"?
(a) She writes in her journal.
(b) She makes a wish.
(c) She cries.
(d) She smiles.
4. What does the girl do with the fruit she picks in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Throws it.
(c) Gives it to her mother.
(d) Bakes it.
5. In the grandmother's story, what does the husband thank God for?
(a) For power.
(b) For money.
(c) For salt.
(d) For food.
Short Answer Questions
1. When does the girl say her looks became "exotic" in "The Story of My Body"?
2. Why did the author decide to wake up at 5 A.M.?
3. What did the girl's mother insist she do in "The Changeling"?
4. What does a stranger do when he sees the girl on a bus in "The Myth of the Latin Woman"?
5. What does Dona Ernestina do with the flags the government offered her?
This section contains 251 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)