|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through 5:00 A.M.: Writing as Ritual.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens when the girl goes to bed in "American History"?
(a) She smiles.
(b) She cries.
(c) She makes a wish.
(d) She writes in her journal.
2. In "The Myth of the Latin Woman", what does one of the girl's colleagues tell her about Puerto Rican's clothing?
(a) They never seem to match.
(b) They have too many accessories.
(c) They are always well tailored.
(d) They wear everything at once.
3. Why does the girl slip away from Manny at the party?
(a) He is looking at another girl.
(b) He is dancing too roughly.
(c) He is not dancing at all.
(d) He is talking too much.
4. Where did the woman in "Advanced Biology" spend her childhood?
(a) New York.
(b) Puerto Rico.
(c) New Jersey.
5. In 'The Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl reaches for fruit on what branches?
(a) The new branches.
(b) The bottom branches.
(c) The broken branches.
(d) The top branches.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Dona Ernestina do when she learns her son was killed in Vietnam?
2. What did "they" float through in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
3. Where did the girl's family come from?
4. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
5. How does Dona Ernestina decide to honor her husband and son in "Nada"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)