|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Paterson Public Library.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl's father respond to the salesman in "Not For Sale"?
(a) He is saddened.
(b) He is confused.
(c) He is pleased.
(d) He is outraged.
2. In "The Paterson Public Library", how many books does the girl check out to get her through the week?
3. Whose clothes did the girl wear in "The Changeling"?
(a) Her own.
(b) Her father's
(c) Her mother's
(d) Her brother's.
4. Why does the girl slip away from Manny at the party?
(a) He is dancing too roughly.
(b) He is not dancing at all.
(c) He is talking too much.
(d) He is looking at another girl.
5. In "Dear Joaquin", how long has Olga been gone?
(a) One year.
(b) Ten months.
(c) Eleven months.
(d) Nine months.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the girl's mother act with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
2. In "Absolution in the New Year", what does the girl's mother offer to console her?
3. Why does Dona Ernestina have shopping bags full of trinkets in "Nada"?
4. What happens when the girl goes to bed in "American History"?
5. How does the girl know what apartment her father is in in "By Love Betrayed"?
This section contains 254 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)