|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Paterson Public Library.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did the woman get "tokens" from Lydia?
(a) For payment.
(b) For protection.
(c) She demanded them.
(d) She bribed Lydia.
2. What does the girl see at Juan de Dios's funeral that makes her run out?
(a) His hands.
(b) Her face in a mirror.
(c) His family.
(d) Her crush.
3. In "The Paterson Public Library", how does the girl feel about going to the library as an adult?
(a) She is full of fear.
(b) She gets a rush.
(c) She is moved to tears.
(d) She doesn't go to library anymore.
4. To whom does Marina write a letter in "Letter from a Caribbean Island"?
(a) Dona Flor.
(b) The girl narrator.
5. How does the girl feel about living in the city?
(a) She hates it.
(b) She doesn't really care.
(c) She loves it.
(d) She makes fun of it.
Short Answer Questions
1. What did the father do when the girl wanted to go into the sugarcane field?
2. Olga asks Joaquin to do what if he can not come to her?
3. What does the girl leave on the stove when she leaves her apartment in "Twist and Shout"?
4. What music does the girl always hear in "Twist and Shout"?
5. What does the girl first notice about the woman that talks to her in the show in "An Early Mystery"?
This section contains 264 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)