|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Story of My Body.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the girl notice about the type of voice her mother uses with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) It's more soothing than she is used to hearing.
(b) It's unlike any voice she has heard.
(c) It's like the one she uses with her father.
(d) It's quiter than normal.
2. Where did the girl's father read her diary?
(a) In his bedroom.
(b) In her bedroom.
(c) In the kitchen.
(d) In the living room.
3. Who says "not for sale" in "Not For Sale"?
(a) The girl.
(b) The father.
(c) The salesman.
(d) The mother.
4. What does the girl do with the fruit she picks in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
(a) Eats it.
(b) Throws it.
(c) Gives it to her mother.
(d) Bakes it.
5. What does the girl's father quote when he sees Fidel Castro on the television?
(a) A commercial.
(b) A poem.
(c) The Bible.
(d) A short story.
Short Answer Questions
1. In "Lydia", how long has it been since the woman has seen Lydia?
2. What does the girl hear at night in "Orar: To Pray"?
3. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
4. In "Lydia", what was considered a "token" to the woman?
5. In "Dear Joaquin", what does Olga drink when she writes Joaquin letters?
This section contains 250 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)