|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through The Lesson of the Sugarcane.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does the girl treat her father in "Dividir: To Divide"?
(a) She doesn't let him do anything for her.
(b) She doesn't let him back in the apartment.
(c) She tries to provide support for him.
(d) She argues with him daily.
2. What animal will watch the grave in "Volar: To Fly"?
(a) A sparrow.
(b) A cat.
(c) A mouse.
(d) An eagle.
3. What happen to some of the mother's prayers?
(a) They haunt the apartment.
(b) They fall on the girl.
(c) They get lost in the kitchen.
(d) They dissolve into space.
4. How does the girl's mother act with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) She ignores him.
(b) She is fearful of him.
(c) She argues with him.
(d) She compliments him.
5. What does the girl leave on the stove when she leaves her apartment in "Twist and Shout"?
(a) A carton of milk.
(b) A pot of beans.
(c) A pot of rice.
(d) An empty pot.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who says "not for sale" in "Not For Sale"?
2. What did Don Juan de Dios used to do for the girl in Puerto Rico?
3. What is the girl's father doing in "The Lesson of the Sugarcane"?
4. What does the salesman do while telling a story in "Not For Sale"?
5. What does the girl first notice about the woman that talks to her in the show in "An Early Mystery"?
This section contains 272 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)