|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter from a Caribbean Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. In 'The Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl reaches for fruit on what branches?
(a) The new branches.
(b) The bottom branches.
(c) The broken branches.
(d) The top branches.
2. In "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish", the girl eats all the fruit before it ends up where?
(a) On the ground.
(b) In her house.
(c) In the sky.
(d) On the tree.
3. What does the girl notice about the type of voice her mother uses with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) It's unlike any voice she has heard.
(b) It's more soothing than she is used to hearing.
(c) It's like the one she uses with her father.
(d) It's quiter than normal.
4. Where did "they" come from in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
(b) Sierra Maestra.
5. The book of dreams in Spanish says that the tree represents what?
(a) The girl's father.
(b) The girl's education.
(c) The girl's dreams.
(d) The girl's mother.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does the girl's mother act with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
2. What type of fruit tree is in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
3. In "Letter from a Caribbean Island", why is Marina recovering?
4. What does the girl leave on the stove when she leaves her apartment in "Twist and Shout"?
5. In "Letter from a Caribbean Island" what does the old man do during the night?
This section contains 284 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)