|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Letter from a Caribbean Island.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the old man in "Letter from a Caribbean Island" do one night after screaming with joy?
(a) Runs into the ocean.
(b) Writes a poem.
(c) Jumps off the pier.
(d) Buries himself in sand.
2. Why does the girl leave her apartment in "Twist and Shout"?
(a) She wanted to run away.
(b) She was invited to a party.
(c) She forgot to get dinner.
(d) She can hear a party.
3. What does the girl notice about the type of voice her mother uses with the shopkeeper in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) It's unlike any voice she has heard.
(b) It's more soothing than she is used to hearing.
(c) It's like the one she uses with her father.
(d) It's quiter than normal.
4. What does the girl first notice about the woman that talks to her in the show in "An Early Mystery"?
(a) Her eyes.
(b) Her clothes.
(c) Her smell.
(d) Her voice.
5. After leaving the shop in "An Early Mystery", what does the girl think about the woman?
(a) The girl tries to see the woman again.
(b) The girl hates the woman.
(c) The girl can't remember the woman at all.
(d) The girl feels the woman is still there.
Short Answer Questions
1. What item does the girl debate the value of in "An Early Mystery"?
2. In "An Early Mystery", what does the woman ask the girl?
3. What color did "they" wear in "A Legion of Dark Angels"?
4. Where does Marina watch an old man on the beach?
5. What does the girl do with the fruit she picks in "From the Book of Dreams in Spanish"?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)