|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 short answer questions and 1 (of 3) essay topics.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Peachy not seem to care about what is going on in Europe?
2. How does Adolph respond when Boo says she thought they were going to be happy and asks what happened?
3. What does Sunny do when she says she does know a bit of Yiddish?
4. To where is this train headed?
5. How does Peachy respond when Joe asks whether Sunny knew this?
Write an essay for ONE of the following topics:
Essay Topic 1
There is a love triangle between Joe, Lala, and Sunny.
Part 1) How does this love triangle come to be? What is the author's purpose for this love triangle?
Part 2) What is the outcome of this love triangle? How does it affect?
Part 3) Are you surprised by this love triangle? Why or why not?
Essay Topic 2
The tearing of Lala's dress is symbolic.
Part 1) How does Lala's dress get torn? What is symbolic about this?
Part 2) What is the connection between this symbolism and the theme?
Part 3) What is ironic about the meaning behind the tearing of the dress and the relationship between Joe and Sunny?
Essay Topic 3
Boo is in denial over several issues.
Part 1) What are these issues? Why is she unable to accept what other tell her?
Part 2) How does this denial reflect how important Judaism is in her life?
Part 3) How is the role Judaism plays in her life in conflict with the fact she is Jewish and others know she is Jewish? Why is she considered a Jew, even though she does not practice the religion?
This section contains 370 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)