|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Joe respond when Sunny says that having a Christmas tree does not mean they are not Jewish?
(a) It just means that they do not want to be Jewish.
(b) It just means they are confused.
(c) It just means they are both Jewish and Christian.
(d) It just means some are Christians and some are Jewish.
2. What does he tell her?
(a) He thinks she is pretty.
(b) He was asked to look in on her by Adolph
(c) He is on his way to New York City.
(d) He has the seat next to the window.
3. What does Boo do to discover that Sylvan left with his tuxedo and dancing shoes?
(a) She stops by his house and speaks with the housekeeper.
(b) She calls hi father.
(c) She calls the housekeeper back.
(d) She calls his mother.
4. Who is Sylvan?
(a) The boy next door.
(b) The boy with whom Boo wants Lala to go to Ballyhoo.
(c) Lala's brother.
(d) Sunny and Lala's cousin.
5. How did she find the Passover supper?
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny tell Reba that she is actually going to?
2. What does Sunny say about reading her book?
3. Who is Sunny's father?
4. What does this man do?
5. What is Lala Levy doing as she decorates a Christmas tree while her aunt Reba watches and knits?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Joe respond when Lala talks about being happy about living on a mostly Protestant street?
2. Why do Peachy's parents accept Lala? How do Boo and Adolph feel about this?
3. Why does Boo convince Lala to go to the dance?
4. How are Peachy and Joe left alone?
5. What do Peachy and Joe discuss?
6. How do Joe and Sunny meet?
7. What does Reba say when Boo complains about Lala?
8. What is Adolph's excuse for why Boo and her husband were not involved in the family business?
9. How does Joe react to Peachy's comments about the Standard Club and the Progressive Club? What does Peachy explain?
10. How does Lala explain the Christmas tree?
This section contains 751 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)