|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. About what do Adolph and Sunny chat, right before Reba goes up to bed?
(a) Their plans for Sunny's vacation.
(b) Sunny's childhood.
(c) Sunny's life at university.
(d) Adolph's weekend.
2. What takes place at Ballyhoo?
(a) Hayrides, wiener roasts, parties and on the last night, a huge dance.
(b) A silent auction.
(c) A premier of the latest popular movie.
(d) A formal cocktail party and dance.
3. What does Joe realize?
(a) It is late.
(b) He forgot to turn off the lights in his home.
(c) He likes Lala.
(d) Dessert had not been served yet.
4. What do Sunny and Adolph do as Reba knits socks?
(a) Read books.
(c) Play cards.
(d) Listen to the radio.
5. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) A better life.
(b) It makes people insane.
(c) A good job.
(d) More intelligence.
Short Answer Questions
1. Why does Boo ask Adolph why he is going down to pick up Sunny at the train station?
2. Why does Boo accuse Adolph of playing favorites?
3. How does Lala respond when Boo says that Lala has to take her place in society?
4. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
5. What does Louisa say when Boo asks her why she changed jobs?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do Joe and Sunny get into a heated discussion?
2. What exciting thing has happened to Lala?
3. How does the play end?
4. When does Sunny talk about Joe? What does she say?
5. From where does Joe return? What does he have with him?
6. Why does Boo convince Lala to go to the dance?
7. How does Joe react to Peachy's comments about the Standard Club and the Progressive Club? What does Peachy explain?
8. What is Sunny reading? How does Joe respond? What is Sunny's reaction to his response?
9. What does Lala say about her experience at a Passover supper?
10. Who is Peachy taking to the dance?
This section contains 862 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)