|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What makes Adolph refer to Lala as "Scarlett O'Goldberg?"
(a) She puts on a thick southern accent like Scarlett O'Hara.
(b) She is quoting from "Gone with the Wind."
(c) Her hair is styled like Scarlett O'Hara's.
(d) Her dress looks like something out of "Gone with the Wind."
2. What Christmas gift does Reba accept from Louisa?
(a) A basket of citrus fruit.
(b) Watermelon pickles.
(d) A fruit cake.
3. Why does Joe think Boo does not like him?
(a) He is too Jewish.
(b) He is not wealthy enough.
(c) He does not live on a prominent street.
(d) He tore her daughter's dress.
4. How do Lala and this guest greet each other?
(a) The hug each other.
(b) The guest says hello, but Lala is too shocked to speak.
(c) They greet one another very shyly.
(d) They say hello to each other in a mocking-teasing kind of way.
5. What does Lala do as Adolph snoozes in his chair and Reba clears the dinner table?
(a) She sings Christmas carols.
(b) She plays cards.
(c) She models her dress.
(d) She listens to the radio.
6. What does Joe tell Sunny all she has to do?
(a) Go to a synagogue.
(b) Think of something good, and together they will make it happen.
(c) Marry him.
(d) Call him when she gets to school.
7. What does the family do as the lights fade to black?
(a) The begin to eat.
(b) They sing Christmas carols.
(c) They exchange the Sabbath Blessing.
(d) They look at the Christmas tree.
8. What does Sunny say does not matter to her?
(a) That her family members are not practicing Jews.
(b) That "other kind" of stuff.
(c) That her family is from Eastern Europe.
(d) That he is not a Jew.
9. What does some of Peachy and Joe's small talk include?
(a) Why girls always go to the bathroom together.
(b) Where the girls have gone.
(c) What to get for dinner.
(d) Why they do not like each other.
10. What is Sunny doing on the train?
(d) Staring out of the window.
11. What does he call the Christmas tree?
(b) A Chanukah bush.
(c) A Chanukah tree.
12. Who rings the doorbell?
(a) A neighbor.
(c) The police.
(d) Sylvan "Peachy" Weil.
13. What does Sunny not know?
(a) What being Jewish is and means.
(b) How Jewish she really is.
(c) Joe likes her.
(d) How to be a Jew.
14. For whom is the Progressive Club?
(a) It is for the non-Jews.
(b) It is where "his kind" of Jews belong.
(c) It is where "the other kind" of Jews belong.
(d) It is for the old Jews.
15. What does Sunny do when she says she does know a bit of Yiddish?
(a) She misquotes a verse from Proverbs.
(b) She misquotes a Psalm.
(c) She misquotes the Sabbath Blessing.
(d) She misquotes a prayer.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who brought Sunny home from the dance?
2. How does Joe seem after Peachy's comment about the club?
3. What happens when Joe and Sunny start dancing too?
4. How does Peachy respond when Joe asks whether Sunny knew this?
5. What does Joe say when Sunny asks what happened?
This section contains 589 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)