|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does the family do as the lights fade to black?
(a) They exchange the Sabbath Blessing.
(b) The begin to eat.
(c) They sing Christmas carols.
(d) They look at the Christmas tree.
2. What does Sunny say does not matter to her?
(a) That he is not a Jew.
(b) That her family members are not practicing Jews.
(c) That "other kind" of stuff.
(d) That her family is from Eastern Europe.
3. Where does this scene take place?
(a) In the family's home.
(b) In a park.
(c) At the dance.
(d) At a restaurant.
4. What does Adolph explain about the Jewish club?
(a) Non-Jews would not want to go.
(b) Non-Jews want to go.
(c) Only young Jews are allowed to go.
(d) Many Jews do not want to go.
5. What is gone?
(a) The look of sadness in her mother's eyes.
(b) The Christmas tree.
(c) The interest between Peachy and Lala.
(d) Her place at the school.
6. Why does Joe think Boo does not like him?
(a) He tore her daughter's dress.
(b) He is too Jewish.
(c) He is not wealthy enough.
(d) He does not live on a prominent street.
7. What does Peachy think is a lot better than the Progressive Club?
(a) The Standard Club.
(b) The clubs in New York City.
(c) The Regressive Club.
(d) This restaurant.
8. What does Sunny do when she joins her family?
(a) She serves dinner.
(b) She hugs them.
(c) She lights the Sabbath Candles, and recites the Jewish Sabbath Prayer.
(d) She puts the star on the Christmas tree.
9. What does Joe do when Sunny makes a mistake in Yiddish?
(a) He angrily corrects her.
(b) He corrects her gently.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He leaves.
10. What does Boo explain to Adolph?
(a) Lala needs to grow up and not worry about what others think.
(b) She had to do what she did because she could not allow Lala to go to the dance with a boy like Peachy.
(c) She had to do what she did because she did not think Lala would get another chance.
(d) Lala has to face her fears.
11. How does Adolph respond when Boo says she thought they were going to be happy and asks what happened?
(a) Adolph says he is happy.
(b) Adolph says he does not know.
(c) Adolph says she should be happy.
(d) Adolph says he wishes they were happy.
12. What does Joe say when Sunny asks what happened?
(a) He says he went to a movie.
(b) He says he went home.
(c) He says he went for a drive.
(d) He says he went to get some dinner.
13. What does Joe do when he sees how beautiful Sunny is?
(a) He apologizes for how he is dressed.
(b) He faints.
(c) He gives her a kiss.
(d) He leaves the room.
14. How does Joe leave?
15. What is Reba's response to the accident?
(a) She will call the doctor.
(b) The rip is easily fixable.
(c) Sunny can find another dress to wear.
(d) Lala should be more kind to Joe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Peachy do when he sees Lala?
2. How does Peachy respond when Joe asks whether Sunny knew this?
3. What is Sunny doing on the train?
4. What does Boo come downstairs and do?
5. What does Sunny do when she says she does know a bit of Yiddish?
This section contains 624 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)