|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does this scene take place?
(a) In the family's home.
(b) At the dance.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In a park.
2. To what does Joe compare his experience that night?
(a) His family's experience in Poland.
(b) Her experience at the swimming pool.
(c) His experience at her family's home.
(d) His experience wherever he goes.
3. What is Adolph's response to Joe's thoughts about Boo not liking him?
(a) Boo does not like Joe.
(b) Boo is mean.
(c) Boo does not really like anybody.
(d) Boo likes everyone.
4. Who brought Sunny home from the dance?
5. How does Lala react to this greeting?
(a) She is angry to receive this greeting.
(b) She is very embarrassed.
(c) She is very excited.
(d) She is so surprised to hear this that she faints.
6. What does Sunny do when she says she does know a bit of Yiddish?
(a) She misquotes the Sabbath Blessing.
(b) She misquotes a verse from Proverbs.
(c) She misquotes a prayer.
(d) She misquotes a Psalm.
7. As Joe apologizes and Adolph says it's not really a big deal, what does Reba do?
(a) She calls down for Sunny to come up and help with the dress.
(b) She tells Adolph to send for the doctor.
(c) She calls down for Lala to come up and help with the dress.
(d) She tells Boo to calm down.
8. How does Adolph react when Lala asks him to dance with her?
(a) He refuses to dance with her.
(b) He is eager to dance with her.
(c) He reluctantly agrees to dance with her.
(d) He says he does not dance.
9. What Christmas gift does Reba accept from Louisa?
(a) A basket of citrus fruit.
(b) A fruit cake.
(c) Watermelon pickles.
10. How do Lala and this guest greet each other?
(a) They say hello to each other in a mocking-teasing kind of way.
(b) The hug each other.
(c) They greet one another very shyly.
(d) The guest says hello, but Lala is too shocked to speak.
11. What does Peachy say that he might be interested in doing?
(a) Going to Hollywood.
(b) Moving back to Europe.
(c) Getting married within the month.
(d) Coming to work for Adolph.
12. After this small talk, what does Peachy ask Joe?
(a) Where he works.
(b) If he is a Jew.
(c) Whether he really likes Sunny.
(d) Whether this is his first time at the Standard Club.
13. What does Reba do as Adolph appears wearing the sweater Reba knitted him for Christmas?
(a) She gasps.
(b) She tries to calm down Boo.
(c) She cries.
(d) She begins to laugh.
14. After a few moments, why does Lala come in and shout for her mother?
(a) She is tired of hearing Joe and Sunny argue.
(b) Peachy has asked her to marry him.
(c) Peachy had left her at the dance.
(d) She has torn her dress.
15. What do Reba and Boo do when this guest arrives?
(a) They introduce themselves.
(b) They give him a hug.
(c) They give him the watermelon pickles.
(d) They leave the room.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Sunny know when Joe suggests she should have a pretty good idea about what happened?
2. What does Sunny do when she joins her family?
3. What happens after Joe leaves, and Sunny stands center stage and thinks?
4. What does Boo explain to Adolph?
5. Why does Lala protest that she cannot go?
This section contains 692 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)