|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reba do as Adolph appears wearing the sweater Reba knitted him for Christmas?
(a) She tries to calm down Boo.
(b) She cries.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She gasps.
2. What does Sunny do when she joins her family?
(a) She hugs them.
(b) She lights the Sabbath Candles, and recites the Jewish Sabbath Prayer.
(c) She serves dinner.
(d) She puts the star on the Christmas tree.
3. What does Lala do when Boo tells her to go upstairs, work on her novel, and pack up the dress to be returned?
(a) She follows her instructions.
(b) She puts on her wrap and goes.
(c) She sits on the couch.
(d) She begins to cry.
4. As Joe apologizes and Adolph says it's not really a big deal, what does Reba do?
(a) She calls down for Lala to come up and help with the dress.
(b) She calls down for Sunny to come up and help with the dress.
(c) She tells Boo to calm down.
(d) She tells Adolph to send for the doctor.
5. For whom is the Progressive Club?
(a) It is for the non-Jews.
(b) It is where "the other kind" of Jews belong.
(c) It is for the old Jews.
(d) It is where "his kind" of Jews belong.
6. After this small talk, what does Peachy ask Joe?
(a) Whether this is his first time at the Standard Club.
(b) Whether he really likes Sunny.
(c) Where he works.
(d) If he is a Jew.
7. How do Lala and this guest greet each other?
(a) They say hello to each other in a mocking-teasing kind of way.
(b) The hug each other.
(c) The guest says hello, but Lala is too shocked to speak.
(d) They greet one another very shyly.
8. What Christmas gift does Reba accept from Louisa?
(a) Watermelon pickles.
(b) A fruit cake.
(c) A basket of citrus fruit.
9. After a few moments, why does Lala come in and shout for her mother?
(a) She is tired of hearing Joe and Sunny argue.
(b) She has torn her dress.
(c) Peachy had left her at the dance.
(d) Peachy has asked her to marry him.
10. What does the family do as the lights fade to black?
(a) They sing Christmas carols.
(b) They exchange the Sabbath Blessing.
(c) They look at the Christmas tree.
(d) The begin to eat.
11. How does Adolph react when Lala asks him to dance with her?
(a) He is eager to dance with her.
(b) He refuses to dance with her.
(c) He reluctantly agrees to dance with her.
(d) He says he does not dance.
12. What does Sunny do when she hears the conductor call out "All aboard?"
(a) She falls asleep.
(b) She panics.
(c) She tells Joe good bye.
(d) She cries.
13. Why are the Ballyhoo tickets free?
(a) Adolph refuses to allow Joe to pay for the tickets.
(b) Adolph paid for them.
(c) Adolph is a vice president of the country club where the dance is being held.
(d) Adolph won two free tickets.
14. What does Joe do when Sunny makes a mistake in Yiddish?
(a) He laughs at her.
(b) He leaves.
(c) He angrily corrects her.
(d) He corrects her gently.
15. To where is this train headed?
Short Answer Questions
1. For what does Sunny apologize?
2. What do Reba and Boo do when this guest arrives?
3. What makes Adolph refer to Lala as "Scarlett O'Goldberg?"
4. For whom is the Standard Club?
5. Why do Peachy's parents say it is okay?
This section contains 640 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)