|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Joe do when he sees how beautiful Sunny is?
(a) He faints.
(b) He leaves the room.
(c) He gives her a kiss.
(d) He apologizes for how he is dressed.
2. As Boo pins on Lala's corsage, what greeting does Peachy pass on to Lala?
(a) From the neighbor.
(b) From his mother.
(c) From a mutual friend called Dorothy.
(d) From his cousin Sally.
3. Why do Peachy's parents say it is okay?
(a) Lala is a German Jew.
(b) They like Lala.
(c) The family goes all the way back on both sides.
(d) Lala's family is wealthy.
4. Who brought Sunny home from the dance?
5. How does Peachy respond when Joe asks whether Sunny knew this?
(a) No, she does not know much about the club.
(b) No, she does not know this.
(c) He tells him that Adolph used to be a past president of the Standard Club.
(d) Yes, but she thinks Joe is a German Jew.
6. After this small talk, what does Peachy ask Joe?
(a) Whether this is his first time at the Standard Club.
(b) Where he works.
(c) Whether he really likes Sunny.
(d) If he is a Jew.
7. What does Sunny say does not matter to her?
(a) That her family is from Eastern Europe.
(b) That her family members are not practicing Jews.
(c) That "other kind" of stuff.
(d) That he is not a Jew.
8. What does Reba tell him he can do with the sweater?
(a) Take it to the thrift shop if he does not like it.
(b) Burn it.
(c) Give it to Joe.
(d) Put it in the closet.
9. Why is Boo upset about the gift?
(a) She does not celebrate Christmas.
(b) She is upset with Louisa.
(c) She hates watermelon pickles.
(d) She hates fruit cake.
10. What does Sunny do when she hears the conductor call out "All aboard?"
(a) She panics.
(b) She falls asleep.
(c) She tells Joe good bye.
(d) She cries.
11. How does Joe respond to Sunny, with a sarcastic Southern accent?
(a) I'm just a Jew from Poland.
(b) He quotes Rhett Butler," "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
(c) He accuses her of being a Jew hater.
(d) He tells her he does not like Jews.
12. What does the family do as the lights fade to black?
(a) They exchange the Sabbath Blessing.
(b) They sing Christmas carols.
(c) The begin to eat.
(d) They look at the Christmas tree.
13. What is Sunny doing on the train?
(a) Staring out of the window.
14. For what does Sunny apologize?
(a) Not telling him about the club.
(b) Becoming angry.
(c) Taking him to Ballyhoo.
(d) Dancing with Peachy.
15. How does Adolph respond when Boo says she thought they were going to be happy and asks what happened?
(a) Adolph says he wishes they were happy.
(b) Adolph says she should be happy.
(c) Adolph says he is happy.
(d) Adolph says he does not know.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Lala do after this happens?
2. What happens to Peachy and Joe when the girls do this?
3. To where is this train headed?
4. Why can the guest not have nuts?
5. What does Adolph say when Joe asks him about the news from Poland?
This section contains 578 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)