|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Lala protest that she cannot go?
(a) She will be humiliated if Dorothy sees her.
(b) She doe not like Dorothy.
(c) She is nervous to see Sally.
(d) She is afraid Peachy's mother will be there.
2. How does Lala react to this greeting?
(a) She is very embarrassed.
(b) She is angry to receive this greeting.
(c) She is so surprised to hear this that she faints.
(d) She is very excited.
3. What is Reba's response to the accident?
(a) Lala should be more kind to Joe.
(b) Sunny can find another dress to wear.
(c) She will call the doctor.
(d) The rip is easily fixable.
4. What does Joe do when Sunny makes a mistake in Yiddish?
(a) He angrily corrects her.
(b) He corrects her gently.
(c) He laughs at her.
(d) He leaves.
5. What does Peachy do to Joe, unintentionally?
(a) He worries him.
(b) He surprises him.
(c) He shocks him.
(d) He humiliates him.
6. What does he call the Christmas tree?
(b) A Chanukah bush.
(d) A Chanukah tree.
7. What does Reba do as Adolph appears wearing the sweater Reba knitted him for Christmas?
(a) She begins to laugh.
(b) She gasps.
(c) She tries to calm down Boo.
(d) She cries.
8. Why can the guest not have nuts?
(a) He hates them.
(b) He is fatally allergic.
(c) He is mildly allergic.
(d) He cannot bite down on them.
9. How does Adolph respond when Boo says she thought they were going to be happy and asks what happened?
(a) Adolph says he does not know.
(b) Adolph says he is happy.
(c) Adolph says she should be happy.
(d) Adolph says he wishes they were happy.
10. What does Adolph say when Joe asks him about the news from Poland?
(a) It is positive.
(b) It is not good.
(c) It is the same.
(d) It is okay.
11. What does Lala do after this happens?
(a) She rushes upstairs in tears.
(b) She helps Sunny fix her torn dress.
(c) She puts ice on an injured ankle.
(d) She glares at Joe.
12. What does Boo explain to Adolph?
(a) She had to do what she did because she could not allow Lala to go to the dance with a boy like Peachy.
(b) Lala needs to grow up and not worry about what others think.
(c) She had to do what she did because she did not think Lala would get another chance.
(d) Lala has to face her fears.
13. What is Adolph's response to Joe's thoughts about Boo not liking him?
(a) Boo likes everyone.
(b) Boo is mean.
(c) Boo does not like Joe.
(d) Boo does not really like anybody.
14. After a few moments, why does Lala come in and shout for her mother?
(a) She has torn her dress.
(b) She is tired of hearing Joe and Sunny argue.
(c) Peachy had left her at the dance.
(d) Peachy has asked her to marry him.
15. What does Peachy do when he sees Lala?
(a) He runs up to her to pin on her corsage.
(b) He gives her a kiss on the cheek.
(c) He teases her about not being dressed up enough.
(d) He faints.
Short Answer Questions
1. As Boo pins on Lala's corsage, what greeting does Peachy pass on to Lala?
2. How do Lala and this guest greet each other?
3. As Joe apologizes and Adolph says it's not really a big deal, what does Reba do?
4. What does some of Peachy and Joe's small talk include?
5. For what are Peachy, dressed in a tux, and Joe, dressed in a plain dark suit, waiting?
This section contains 686 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)