|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Adolph's response to Joe's thoughts about Boo not liking him?
(a) Boo does not really like anybody.
(b) Boo does not like Joe.
(c) Boo is mean.
(d) Boo likes everyone.
2. To where do Lala and Sunny rush off?
(a) The coat room.
(b) The bathroom.
(c) To see some friends.
(d) The bar.
3. What does Joe say when Sunny asks what happened?
(a) He says he went for a drive.
(b) He says he went home.
(c) He says he went to get some dinner.
(d) He says he went to a movie.
4. What does Joe do when he sees how beautiful Sunny is?
(a) He apologizes for how he is dressed.
(b) He faints.
(c) He gives her a kiss.
(d) He leaves the room.
5. What Christmas gift does Reba accept from Louisa?
(a) Watermelon pickles.
(c) A basket of citrus fruit.
(d) A fruit cake.
6. How does Joe respond to Sunny, with a sarcastic Southern accent?
(a) He tells her he does not like Jews.
(b) I'm just a Jew from Poland.
(c) He accuses her of being a Jew hater.
(d) He quotes Rhett Butler," "Frankly my dear, I don't give a damn."
7. What does Adolph do when Joe asks what he means that the club is restricted?
(a) Adolph makes a joke, saying it is restricted to those who eat too much.
(b) Adolph says the club is restricted to members only.
(c) Adolph tells him he cannot go.
(d) Adolph tells him to truth about the club.
8. What does Sunny do when she hears the conductor call out "All aboard?"
(a) She panics.
(b) She cries.
(c) She falls asleep.
(d) She tells Joe good bye.
9. What is Reba's response to the accident?
(a) Sunny can find another dress to wear.
(b) The rip is easily fixable.
(c) Lala should be more kind to Joe.
(d) She will call the doctor.
10. What does some of Peachy and Joe's small talk include?
(a) Why they do not like each other.
(b) What to get for dinner.
(c) Why girls always go to the bathroom together.
(d) Where the girls have gone.
11. What happens to Peachy and Joe when the girls do this?
(a) They order the dinner for the girls.
(b) They are surrounded by other girls.
(c) They dance with other girls.
(d) They are left alone.
12. What does Sunny do when she joins her family?
(a) She hugs them.
(b) She serves dinner.
(c) She lights the Sabbath Candles, and recites the Jewish Sabbath Prayer.
(d) She puts the star on the Christmas tree.
13. How does Peachy respond when Joe asks whether Sunny knew this?
(a) He tells him that Adolph used to be a past president of the Standard Club.
(b) No, she does not know this.
(c) No, she does not know much about the club.
(d) Yes, but she thinks Joe is a German Jew.
14. Why does Lala protest that she cannot go?
(a) She is nervous to see Sally.
(b) She doe not like Dorothy.
(c) She is afraid Peachy's mother will be there.
(d) She will be humiliated if Dorothy sees her.
15. Why does Peachy not seem to care about what is going on in Europe?
(a) His family has been in Louisiana for a hundred and fifty years.
(b) He does not like Europe.
(c) He is not of European descent.
(d) His family is too busy to care about what is happening in Europe.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boo come downstairs and do?
2. What does Adolph say when Joe asks him about the news from Poland?
3. What does Peachy say that he might be interested in doing?
4. After a few moments, why does Lala come in and shout for her mother?
5. What does Boo explain to Adolph?
This section contains 704 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)