|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does this man invite Sunny to do?
(a) Give him her number.
(b) Join him for dinner.
(c) Go to Ballyhoo.
(d) Visit him in New York City.
2. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "the smartest girl I know."
(b) As being of "the other kind."
(c) As being "a little odd."
(d) As being "a great friend."
3. What was his major?
4. About what do Adolph and Sunny chat, right before Reba goes up to bed?
(a) Adolph's weekend.
(b) Sunny's childhood.
(c) Sunny's life at university.
(d) Their plans for Sunny's vacation.
5. What does Lala tell Joe to do?
(a) Sing Christmas carols.
(b) Go with her to Ballyhoo.
(c) Come up with the name of the central family in her novel.
(d) Watch television.
6. Who is the author of her book?
(a) Vogue writers.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) William Shakespeare.
7. What had Sunny's father done for Boo?
(a) He had loved her like a sister.
(b) He had helped her raise Lala.
(c) He had given her many reasons to not trust him.
(d) He had given her the sterling silver she insisted upon when she got married.
8. Why does Sunny go up?
(a) To air out her dress.
(b) To get her purse.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To get more books to study.
9. How does Lala respond when Boo says that Lala has to take her place in society?
(a) Because they are Jews, they have their own place in society.
(b) Because they are not practicing Jews, they have a place with the Christians.
(c) Because they're Jews, they have no place in society.
(d) They already have a place, because they live on a Protestant street.
10. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) A better life.
(b) More intelligence.
(c) It makes people insane.
(d) A good job.
11. After some small talk about how Joe got his job with Adolph, what does Joe ask?
(a) If her family practices their faith.
(b) Where is Sunny's family is from.
(c) Whether Sunny and her family really are Jewish.
(d) If Sunny will go to Ballyhoo with him.
12. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
(a) She ignores Joe.
(b) She joins everyone for dinner.
(c) She shows the family her new dress.
(d) She invites Joe to go down to the premiere with her.
13. Who is Sunny's father?
(a) Boo's deceased husband.
(c) Adolph's cousin.
(d) Adolph and Boo's oldest brother Simon.
14. From where do Lala and Boo return?
(a) A play.
(c) A showing of "Gone with the Wind."
(d) A walk.
15. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
(a) The train stops abruptly.
(b) Someone screams.
(c) The conductor calls "All Aboard!"
(d) The man leaves.
Short Answer Questions
1. From whom does Lala find out that Sylvan has already left?
2. What does Reba ask about Passover?
3. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
4. What does Boo suggest that Lala should have on her mind?
5. Why was Adolph unable to fit DeWald in?
This section contains 618 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)