|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
(a) To the Shakespeare festival.
(b) To Ballyhoo.
(c) Home for the holidays.
(d) Back to college.
2. What does Sunny say about reading her book?
(a) She would like to be a model for Vogue, someday.
(b) She too loves Jane Austen.
(c) Train rides are good for reading Shakespeare.
(d) Reading communist writing does not make a person into one.
3. From where do Lala and Boo return?
(a) A play.
(b) A walk.
(c) A showing of "Gone with the Wind."
4. Where is Louisa, their cook, going to work?
(a) In a restaurant.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In a school.
(d) At the Arkwright's across the street.
5. What does Boo do to discover that Sylvan left with his tuxedo and dancing shoes?
(a) She calls hi father.
(b) She stops by his house and speaks with the housekeeper.
(c) She calls his mother.
(d) She calls the housekeeper back.
6. Why does Reba say that Lala came home from Michigan?
(a) She did not have enough money.
(b) She was homesick.
(c) She had no friends.
(d) She had flunked out.
7. What does Sunny describe as a bunch of Jewish people trying to be Episcopalians?
(a) The Synagogue.
(b) Actors in movies.
(d) The people living on her street.
8. Of what does this news about Sylvan convince everyone?
(a) He already has a date to Ballyhoo.
(b) He has already left to pick up his real date to Ballyhoo.
(c) He is not taking Lala to Ballyhoo.
(d) He will be asking Lala to Ballyhoo.
9. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "a great friend."
(b) As being "a little odd."
(c) As being "the smartest girl I know."
(d) As being of "the other kind."
10. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
(a) Call him.
(b) Go to his house.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Forget about him.
11. According to Reba what are two kinds of European Jews?
(a) Those from Northern Europe and those from Southern Europe.
(b) Those from Western Europe and those from Eastern Europe
(c) Those who speak English and those who do not.
(d) Those from Germany and those from other countries.
12. What takes place at Ballyhoo?
(a) A formal cocktail party and dance.
(b) A premier of the latest popular movie.
(c) A silent auction.
(d) Hayrides, wiener roasts, parties and on the last night, a huge dance.
13. How does Joe respond when Sunny says that having a Christmas tree does not mean they are not Jewish?
(a) It just means some are Christians and some are Jewish.
(b) It just means they are both Jewish and Christian.
(c) It just means that they do not want to be Jewish.
(d) It just means they are confused.
14. What does he do as the scene ends?
(a) He sits by Sunny.
(b) He listens to Sunny recite a sonnet.
(c) He shakes Sunny's hand.
(d) Leaves the train.
15. How does Sunny respond when Lala asks how they know each other?
(a) They met in college.
(b) They met on a bus.
(c) They met on the train.
(d) They met at the train station.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the author of her book?
2. Why does Boo ask Adolph why he is going down to pick up Sunny at the train station?
3. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
4. What does Adolph say about Hitler going into Poland?
5. The next morning, what are Reba and Adolph doing when Boo comes in with the morning paper?
This section contains 691 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)