|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who starts a conversation with Sunny?
(c) A neighbor.
2. Why did he have to drop out of college?
(a) He did not pass enough classes.
(b) His father died and he had to go back home to work.
(c) College was not a good path for him.
(d) His father told him he needed to go to work in the family business.
3. How does Sunny respond when Lala asks how they know each other?
(a) They met in college.
(b) They met at the train station.
(c) They met on a bus.
(d) They met on the train.
4. On a train stopping over in Baltimore, what is Reba's daughter, Sunny, doing?
(b) Sits reading
5. What does this man do?
(a) He introduces himself.
(b) He tells her to move over.
(c) He sits next to her, silently.
(d) He glares at her.
6. What does Boo do to discover that Sylvan left with his tuxedo and dancing shoes?
(a) She stops by his house and speaks with the housekeeper.
(b) She calls hi father.
(c) She calls the housekeeper back.
(d) She calls his mother.
7. Who is Sylvan?
(a) Sunny and Lala's cousin.
(b) Lala's brother.
(c) The boy with whom Boo wants Lala to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) The boy next door.
8. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
(a) Because she would rather have an angel at the top.
(b) Because the star symbolizes the birth of the Messiah, and the family is Jewish.
(c) Because the tree is too tall for an ornament at the top.
(d) Because she does not like stars.
9. The next morning, what are Reba and Adolph doing when Boo comes in with the morning paper?
(a) Reba is listening to the radio and Adolph is cooking breakfast.
(b) Reba is knitting and Adolph is snoozing.
(c) Reba is clearing away after breakfast and Adolph is doing some paperwork.
(d) Reba is cooking breakfast and Adolph is reading the newspaper.
10. How does Joe respond when Sunny says that having a Christmas tree does not mean they are not Jewish?
(a) It just means they are confused.
(b) It just means they are both Jewish and Christian.
(c) It just means some are Christians and some are Jewish.
(d) It just means that they do not want to be Jewish.
11. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "the smartest girl I know."
(b) As being of "the other kind."
(c) As being "a great friend."
(d) As being "a little odd."
12. What does Boo say as Lala storms up to her room telling them all to stop looking at her?
(a) "When will we see that gentleman again?"
(b) "That kike you hired has no manners."
(c) "That Joe fella is very handsome."
(d) "That was very rude of you, Lala."
13. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
(a) The man leaves.
(b) Someone screams.
(c) The train stops abruptly.
(d) The conductor calls "All Aboard!"
14. Where is Louisa, their cook, going to work?
(a) In a nursing home.
(b) At the Arkwright's across the street.
(c) In a school.
(d) In a restaurant.
15. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
(a) He watches television.
(b) He snoozes in his chair.
(c) He talks to Joe.
(d) He goes to his room.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
2. Who is Sunny?
3. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
4. What does Lala eagerly observe about Joe?
5. Why does Reba say that Lala came home from Michigan?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)