|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sunny?
(a) Reba's neice who lives down the street.
(b) Adolph's daughter who is visiting from New York City.
(c) Boo's other daughter and Lala's sister.
(d) Reba's daughter who attends Wellesley College.
2. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
(a) To Ballyhoo.
(b) Back to college.
(c) To the Shakespeare festival.
(d) Home for the holidays.
3. By whom is Sunny interrupted?
4. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
(a) He snoozes in his chair.
(b) He talks to Joe.
(c) He watches television.
(d) He goes to his room.
5. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
(a) Because she would rather have an angel at the top.
(b) Because the tree is too tall for an ornament at the top.
(c) Because she does not like stars.
(d) Because the star symbolizes the birth of the Messiah, and the family is Jewish.
6. From where do Lala and Boo return?
(b) A play.
(c) A walk.
(d) A showing of "Gone with the Wind."
7. About what does Reba tell Sunny she is glad?
(a) Sunny is going to go to Ballyhoo.
(b) Sunny is going to spend the evening with her.
(c) Sunny is going shopping with Lala.
(d) Sunny is going to college and studying.
8. Of what does Boo accuse Adolph?
(a) Keeping the family inheritance for himself.
(b) Keeping both her and DeWald out of the family business.
(c) Paying Sunny's college tuition.
(d) Giving more money to Reba and Sunny.
9. What does Sunny describe as a bunch of Jewish people trying to be Episcopalians?
(a) The Synagogue.
(b) Actors in movies.
(d) The people living on her street.
10. On a train stopping over in Baltimore, what is Reba's daughter, Sunny, doing?
(d) Sits reading
11. Why does Lala pace nervously?
(a) She cannot wait to see "Gone with the Wind."
(b) She is unsure if Sylvan is going to take her to Ballyhoo.
(c) She is excited to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) She is worried about Sunny.
12. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
(a) No, he does not want to go with her.
(b) No, he is taking his cousin.
(c) It did not come up and adds that she has hopes for someone else.
(d) Yes, so she needs to buy a new dress.
13. How does Reba react to this news?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She is surprised.
(c) She tells her she is making a good decision.
(d) She congratulates her happily.
14. About what do Sunny and Adolph chat?
(a) The weather.
(b) Adolph's job.
(c) The way they used to play cards when Sunny was little.
15. How does Lala respond when Boo says that Lala has to take her place in society?
(a) Because they are not practicing Jews, they have a place with the Christians.
(b) Because they are Jews, they have their own place in society.
(c) Because they're Jews, they have no place in society.
(d) They already have a place, because they live on a Protestant street.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
2. To what does this statement lead?
3. What does Lala then convince her mother to do?
4. How are Sunny and Joe left alone?
5. How does Reba describe the girl?
This section contains 641 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)