|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does the man say he has to go?
(a) To dinner.
(c) To bed.
(d) To work.
2. Over what do Boo and Reba argue?
(a) Whether or not they would allow their daughters to go.
(b) How the tradition of Ballyhoo got started.
(c) How much tickets cost.
(d) Where Ballyhoo will be this year.
3. To what does this statement lead?
(a) What he would like for dinner next time he comes.
(b) A discussion of what goes on at Ballyhoo.
(c) If he would like to go to Ballyhoo with Lala.
(d) If he has a girlfriend.
4. What does Boo ask Adolph to pay attention to, rather than what's going on halfway across the world?
(a) What is going on in his own home.
(b) What is going on in the United States.
(c) What is gong on in Atlanta.
(d) What is going on in Georgia.
5. After some small talk about how Joe got his job with Adolph, what does Joe ask?
(a) Whether Sunny and her family really are Jewish.
(b) If Sunny will go to Ballyhoo with him.
(c) If her family practices their faith.
(d) Where is Sunny's family is from.
6. What does Boo suggest that Lala should have on her mind?
(a) Other things, such as what gifts she would like for Christmas.
(b) Other things, such as her school work.
(c) Other things, such as who is going to take her to Ballyhoo in a couple of weeks.
(d) Other things, such as what she will sing in the Christmas pagent.
7. From whom does Lala find out that Sylvan has already left?
(a) His father.
(b) His cousin.
(c) The housekeeper.
(d) His mother.
8. Who starts a conversation with Sunny?
(c) A neighbor.
9. What does Reba ask about Passover?
(a) If it is anything like Chanuka.
(b) Where Joe will be spending Passover.
(c) Whether those festivities are held in the spring.
(d) What it is.
10. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "the smartest girl I know."
(b) As being "a great friend."
(c) As being of "the other kind."
(d) As being "a little odd."
11. How did she find the Passover supper?
12. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) More intelligence.
(b) A good job.
(c) A better life.
(d) It makes people insane.
13. What will Joe Farkas, a young man from New York, be taking over?
(a) His place as head of the household.
(b) The Atlanta branch of the company.
(c) Some of the traveling at work.
(d) Adolph's company.
14. Who is Sunny's father?
(a) Adolph and Boo's oldest brother Simon.
(c) Adolph's cousin.
(d) Boo's deceased husband.
15. Why does Lala pace nervously?
(a) She cannot wait to see "Gone with the Wind."
(b) She is unsure if Sylvan is going to take her to Ballyhoo.
(c) She is excited to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) She is worried about Sunny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
2. Where do Lala and her mother go to get ready?
3. Why did he have to drop out of college?
4. What does Joe realize?
5. What does this man do?
This section contains 583 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)