Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why was Adolph unable to fit DeWald in?
(a) DeWald was not intelligent enough.
(b) It never worked out.
(c) He did not like DeWald.
(d) DeWald was not trustworthy.
2. How does Lala respond when Boo says that Lala has to take her place in society?
(a) Because they are Jews, they have their own place in society.
(b) Because they are not practicing Jews, they have a place with the Christians.
(c) They already have a place, because they live on a Protestant street.
(d) Because they're Jews, they have no place in society.
3. What does Adolph remind Boo about Sunny's father?
(a) Adolph is her father, so he is allowed to favor her over Lala.
(b) He is not welcome in the house.
(c) He worked his fingers to the bone not only to provide the necessities of life for his family, but also to provide extras.
(d) He has left Sunny and Reba.
4. When Adolph can see that Joe and Sunny want to spend time alone, what does he suggest?
(a) They have coffee and cake.
(b) They go to bed.
(c) They all go for a walk.
(d) They all leave them alone.
5. What does Boo tell Adolph he should have remembered?
(a) To buy meat for her to cook.
(b) Their oven is not working, so dinner will be cold.
(c) To tell her when guests are coming, so she can make enough food.
(d) Their cook has been home sick all week and called her so she can be ready. .
6. What does he tell her?
(a) He was asked to look in on her by Adolph
(b) He is on his way to New York City.
(c) He has the seat next to the window.
(d) He thinks she is pretty.
7. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) A good job.
(b) A better life.
(c) More intelligence.
(d) It makes people insane.
8. What does Louisa say when Boo asks her why she changed jobs?
(a) Boo already knew why.
(b) She does not like Boo.
(c) She does not want to work for Jews.
(d) Boo is bothersome.
9. What does Lala complain that instead of fighting about Christmas trees, they should all be doing?
(a) Getting ready for Christmas dinner.
(b) Celebrating because Clark Gable and other movie stars are in town for the world premiere of Gone with the Wind just a few blocks away.
(c) Decorating the tree together.
(d) Preparing a meal for the first day of Chanuka.
10. What does Sunny tell Reba that she is actually going to?
(a) A movie.
(b) The library.
11. Why does Boo finally wake up Adolph?
(a) So he can say good night to Joe.
(b) So he can clean up the kitchen from dinner.
(c) So he can stop being rude.
(d) So he can have the final word.
12. What does she tell him about her family?
(a) They love to have company come to visit.
(b) It is one of many Jewish families on the block.
(c) They are very strange, since they are not practicing Jews.
(d) It is the only Jewish family on a socially mobile, very Protestant street.
13. Why does Reba toast Joe?
(a) He is an attractive man.
(b) She is welcoming him to Atlanta.
(c) He is a good speaker.
(d) She always enjoys company.
14. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Go to his house.
(c) Call him.
(d) Forget about him.
15. Boo says it is not enough to know that Sylvan is taking Lala to Ballyhoo. What does she need to know?
(a) Whether he is taking her to the dance on the last night.
(b) Whether Sylvan likes her.
(c) Whether Sylvan will propose.
(d) Whether Lala likes him.
Short Answer Questions
1. How are Sunny and Joe left alone?
2. What does Reba do when Lala says she is holding out hopes for another boy named Ferdy Nachman?
3. What does this man invite Sunny to do?
4. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
5. What does Lala say when Boo asks her why she wants to go down to the theater?
This section contains 825 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)