|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adolph remind Boo about Sunny's father?
(a) He worked his fingers to the bone not only to provide the necessities of life for his family, but also to provide extras.
(b) Adolph is her father, so he is allowed to favor her over Lala.
(c) He has left Sunny and Reba.
(d) He is not welcome in the house.
2. Boo says it is not enough to know that Sylvan is taking Lala to Ballyhoo. What does she need to know?
(a) Whether he is taking her to the dance on the last night.
(b) Whether Sylvan will propose.
(c) Whether Sylvan likes her.
(d) Whether Lala likes him.
3. According to Reba what are two kinds of European Jews?
(a) Those from Northern Europe and those from Southern Europe.
(b) Those from Western Europe and those from Eastern Europe
(c) Those who speak English and those who do not.
(d) Those from Germany and those from other countries.
4. As Reba runs upstairs to put on a dress, what does Boo ask Adolph?
(a) Where he and Reba are going.
(b) What has upset Reba.
(c) What has upset him so much.
(d) What he wants for dinner.
5. How does Reba react to this news?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She congratulates her happily.
(c) She tells her she is making a good decision.
(d) She is surprised.
6. The next morning, what are Boo and Reba doing?
(a) Boo does the accounts for the store and Reba knits.
(b) Reba cooks breakfast and Boo listens to the radio.
(c) Boo cooks breakfast and Reba listens to the radio.
(d) Reba does the accounts for the store and Reba knits.
7. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
(a) It did not come up and adds that she has hopes for someone else.
(b) No, he does not want to go with her.
(c) No, he is taking his cousin.
(d) Yes, so she needs to buy a new dress.
8. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
(a) He goes to his room.
(b) He talks to Joe.
(c) He watches television.
(d) He snoozes in his chair.
9. What is Lala Levy doing as she decorates a Christmas tree while her aunt Reba watches and knits?
(a) Humming to herself.
(b) Singing Christmas carols.
(c) Listening to the radio.
(d) Singing Jewish songs.
10. By whom is Sunny interrupted?
11. Why does Boo finally wake up Adolph?
(a) So he can say good night to Joe.
(b) So he can clean up the kitchen from dinner.
(c) So he can have the final word.
(d) So he can stop being rude.
12. Who is the author of her book?
(a) William Shakespeare.
(b) Jane Austen.
(c) Upton Sinclair.
(d) Vogue writers.
13. What happened when Lala went to a Passover supper once?
(a) She did not know what to do.
(b) She enjoyed it very much.
(c) She spilled wine all over the tablecloth.
(d) She met many nice people.
14. What does Boo suggest that Lala should have on her mind?
(a) Other things, such as what gifts she would like for Christmas.
(b) Other things, such as what she will sing in the Christmas pagent.
(c) Other things, such as her school work.
(d) Other things, such as who is going to take her to Ballyhoo in a couple of weeks.
15. How had Reba felt when she was young about Ballyhoo?
(a) Silly aout going.
(b) Not interested in going.
(c) Nervous about going.
(d) Worried about going.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
2. Where does the man say he has to go?
3. Who is Sylvan?
4. Adolph, reading the paper, tells Reba to hurry and do what?
5. What does this man do?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)