|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) A good job.
(b) More intelligence.
(c) A better life.
(d) It makes people insane.
2. As Reba runs upstairs to put on a dress, what does Boo ask Adolph?
(a) Where he and Reba are going.
(b) What has upset Reba.
(c) What he wants for dinner.
(d) What has upset him so much.
3. What does Joe say he is glad to do?
(a) Be a part of this family's evening.
(b) Speak with Lala.
(c) Meet Lala.
(d) Help out in the kitchen.
4. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
(a) Because she does not like stars.
(b) Because the tree is too tall for an ornament at the top.
(c) Because the star symbolizes the birth of the Messiah, and the family is Jewish.
(d) Because she would rather have an angel at the top.
5. Who does Adolph say is coming to dinner?
(a) A neighbor.
(b) A fellow from the office.
(c) A girlfriend.
(d) His cousin.
6. What does Sunny tell Reba that she is actually going to?
(a) A movie.
(b) The library.
7. By whom is Sunny interrupted?
8. Why does Lala pace nervously?
(a) She cannot wait to see "Gone with the Wind."
(b) She is unsure if Sylvan is going to take her to Ballyhoo.
(c) She is excited to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) She is worried about Sunny.
9. After some small talk about how Joe got his job with Adolph, what does Joe ask?
(a) If her family practices their faith.
(b) Whether Sunny and her family really are Jewish.
(c) If Sunny will go to Ballyhoo with him.
(d) Where is Sunny's family is from.
10. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
(a) She joins everyone for dinner.
(b) She invites Joe to go down to the premiere with her.
(c) She shows the family her new dress.
(d) She ignores Joe.
11. What does he do as the scene ends?
(a) He sits by Sunny.
(b) He shakes Sunny's hand.
(c) Leaves the train.
(d) He listens to Sunny recite a sonnet.
12. What does he comment about her studying?
(a) He cannot wait to see her fashion designs.
(b) She will have a lot to do over the holidays.
(c) She sould recite some Shakespeare for him.
(d) She should write her own novel.
13. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
(a) Yes, so she needs to buy a new dress.
(b) No, he does not want to go with her.
(c) It did not come up and adds that she has hopes for someone else.
(d) No, he is taking his cousin.
14. The next morning, what are Reba and Adolph doing when Boo comes in with the morning paper?
(a) Reba is listening to the radio and Adolph is cooking breakfast.
(b) Reba is cooking breakfast and Adolph is reading the newspaper.
(c) Reba is clearing away after breakfast and Adolph is doing some paperwork.
(d) Reba is knitting and Adolph is snoozing.
15. Why does Reba say that Lala came home from Michigan?
(a) She had flunked out.
(b) She was homesick.
(c) She did not have enough money.
(d) She had no friends.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Boo and Reba argue?
2. From where do Lala and Boo return?
3. What happened when Lala went to a Passover supper once?
4. What is she reading?
5. Why does Boo accuse Adolph of playing favorites?
This section contains 643 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)