|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When there is a knock at the door, and Boo thinks it is the police, who is it?
(a) A neighbor.
2. On what does Boo blame Lala's behavior?
(a) Not getting enough sleep the night before.
(b) Not having a prospective husband in mind.
(c) Having caught the measles when she was a child, missing a lot of school, and not making friends.
(d) Being too excited about "Gone with the Wind."
3. What does Boo tell Adolph he should have remembered?
(a) To buy meat for her to cook.
(b) Their cook has been home sick all week and called her so she can be ready. .
(c) To tell her when guests are coming, so she can make enough food.
(d) Their oven is not working, so dinner will be cold.
4. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "a little odd."
(b) As being "a great friend."
(c) As being of "the other kind."
(d) As being "the smartest girl I know."
5. What does Boo do to discover that Sylvan left with his tuxedo and dancing shoes?
(a) She stops by his house and speaks with the housekeeper.
(b) She calls the housekeeper back.
(c) She calls his mother.
(d) She calls hi father.
6. Why does Boo ask Adolph why he is going down to pick up Sunny at the train station?
(a) Whether or not she has a lot of luggage.
(b) She wants him to pick up some groceries instead.
(c) Sunny can walk home.
(d) Sunny knows her way home perfectly well.
7. The next morning, what are Reba and Adolph doing when Boo comes in with the morning paper?
(a) Reba is listening to the radio and Adolph is cooking breakfast.
(b) Reba is cooking breakfast and Adolph is reading the newspaper.
(c) Reba is clearing away after breakfast and Adolph is doing some paperwork.
(d) Reba is knitting and Adolph is snoozing.
8. Who starts a conversation with Sunny?
(c) A neighbor.
9. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
(a) Someone screams.
(b) The train stops abruptly.
(c) The conductor calls "All Aboard!"
(d) The man leaves.
10. Where is Louisa, their cook, going to work?
(a) In a school.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) At the Arkwright's across the street.
(d) In a restaurant.
11. About what does Reba tell Sunny she is glad?
(a) Sunny is going to college and studying.
(b) Sunny is going shopping with Lala.
(c) Sunny is going to spend the evening with her.
(d) Sunny is going to go to Ballyhoo.
12. What does Joe say he is glad to do?
(a) Meet Lala.
(b) Help out in the kitchen.
(c) Be a part of this family's evening.
(d) Speak with Lala.
13. What is Joe's response?
(a) His family is from Poland.
(b) He is a practicing Jew.
(c) His favorite food is Italian.
(d) His family does not celebrate Christmas, but adds that he will go home for Passover in the spring.
14. On a train stopping over in Baltimore, what is Reba's daughter, Sunny, doing?
(b) Sits reading
15. What do Sunny and Adolph do as Reba knits socks?
(a) Play cards.
(b) Read books.
(c) Listen to the radio.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Boo accuse Adolph?
2. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
3. How does Lala respond when Boo says that Lala has to take her place in society?
4. What does Boo do when Reba asks some embarrassing questions?
5. How does Reba react to this news?
This section contains 709 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)