|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is Sunny?
(a) Adolph's daughter who is visiting from New York City.
(b) Boo's other daughter and Lala's sister.
(c) Reba's daughter who attends Wellesley College.
(d) Reba's neice who lives down the street.
2. From whom does Lala find out that Sylvan has already left?
(a) The housekeeper.
(b) His mother.
(c) His cousin.
(d) His father.
3. Why did he have to drop out of college?
(a) College was not a good path for him.
(b) His father died and he had to go back home to work.
(c) His father told him he needed to go to work in the family business.
(d) He did not pass enough classes.
4. About what does Reba tell Sunny she is glad?
(a) Sunny is going to go to Ballyhoo.
(b) Sunny is going to college and studying.
(c) Sunny is going to spend the evening with her.
(d) Sunny is going shopping with Lala.
5. To whom was young Reba similar?
6. What had Sunny's father done for Boo?
(a) He had helped her raise Lala.
(b) He had given her the sterling silver she insisted upon when she got married.
(c) He had given her many reasons to not trust him.
(d) He had loved her like a sister.
7. Why does Boo ask Adolph why he is going down to pick up Sunny at the train station?
(a) Whether or not she has a lot of luggage.
(b) She wants him to pick up some groceries instead.
(c) Sunny knows her way home perfectly well.
(d) Sunny can walk home.
8. How does Joe respond when Sunny says that having a Christmas tree does not mean they are not Jewish?
(a) It just means they are both Jewish and Christian.
(b) It just means some are Christians and some are Jewish.
(c) It just means they are confused.
(d) It just means that they do not want to be Jewish.
9. Why does Sunny go up?
(a) To get her purse.
(b) To get more books to study.
(c) To air out her dress.
(d) To take a nap.
10. What does Sunny describe as a bunch of Jewish people trying to be Episcopalians?
(a) The Synagogue.
(b) The people living on her street.
(d) Actors in movies.
11. What does Boo do when Reba asks some embarrassing questions?
(a) She tells her to be quiet.
(b) She begins to laugh.
(c) She takes her off into the kitchen.
(d) She apologizes for Reba's rude behavior.
12. Adolph, reading the paper, tells Reba to hurry and do what?
(a) Get ready.
(b) Look at the article he is reading.
(c) Make lunch.
(d) Get him a cup of coffee.
13. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
(a) He talks to Joe.
(b) He watches television.
(c) He snoozes in his chair.
(d) He goes to his room.
14. Why does Reba say that Lala came home from Michigan?
(a) She had no friends.
(b) She had flunked out.
(c) She did not have enough money.
(d) She was homesick.
15. What does Lala say when Boo asks her why she wants to go down to the theater?
(a) She confesses that she is writing a book about the South that she's convinced is going to become a movie.
(b) She wants to the the new movie, "Gone with the Wind."
(c) She would like to get a job as an usher at the theatre.
(d) She confesses she would like to be a movie director some day.
Short Answer Questions
1. When Adolph can see that Joe and Sunny want to spend time alone, what does he suggest?
2. On a train stopping over in Baltimore, what is Reba's daughter, Sunny, doing?
3. About what does Lala complain as she is leaving?
4. Why does Lala pace nervously?
5. Why does Boo finally wake up Adolph?
This section contains 713 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)