|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lala tell Joe to do?
(a) Sing Christmas carols.
(b) Go with her to Ballyhoo.
(c) Come up with the name of the central family in her novel.
(d) Watch television.
2. What does Adolph remind Boo about Sunny's father?
(a) He worked his fingers to the bone not only to provide the necessities of life for his family, but also to provide extras.
(b) He has left Sunny and Reba.
(c) Adolph is her father, so he is allowed to favor her over Lala.
(d) He is not welcome in the house.
3. The next morning, what is Sunny doing?
(a) Listening to the radio.
(c) Trying on her dress.
4. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
(a) He talks to Joe.
(b) He goes to his room.
(c) He snoozes in his chair.
(d) He watches television.
5. What does Boo do when Reba asks some embarrassing questions?
(a) She apologizes for Reba's rude behavior.
(b) She begins to laugh.
(c) She tells her to be quiet.
(d) She takes her off into the kitchen.
6. Why does Boo finally wake up Adolph?
(a) So he can say good night to Joe.
(b) So he can stop being rude.
(c) So he can clean up the kitchen from dinner.
(d) So he can have the final word.
7. How might Louisa have felt when Boo asked her if she knew anything about some money missing off Adolph's bureau?
(a) Louisa probably fetlt angry for be accused of stealing.
(b) Louisa probably thought it was funny.
(c) Louisa probably felt accused of stealing and left in protest.
(d) Louisa probably felt guilty for taking the money.
8. What does Boo suggest that Lala should have on her mind?
(a) Other things, such as who is going to take her to Ballyhoo in a couple of weeks.
(b) Other things, such as her school work.
(c) Other things, such as what gifts she would like for Christmas.
(d) Other things, such as what she will sing in the Christmas pagent.
9. What does Lala lift from the lobby of the movie theatre?
(a) A popcorn machine.
(b) An autographed ticket from the trash.
(c) A poster-sized picture of Scarlett O'Hara.
(d) A ticket to see "Gone with the Wind."
10. What does Boo do to discover that Sylvan left with his tuxedo and dancing shoes?
(a) She calls hi father.
(b) She calls his mother.
(c) She stops by his house and speaks with the housekeeper.
(d) She calls the housekeeper back.
11. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
(a) To the Shakespeare festival.
(b) Back to college.
(c) Home for the holidays.
(d) To Ballyhoo.
12. Where do Lala and her mother go to get ready?
(a) In Boo's bedroom.
(b) In the bathroom.
13. What does Boo tell Adolph he should have remembered?
(a) To buy meat for her to cook.
(b) Their oven is not working, so dinner will be cold.
(c) To tell her when guests are coming, so she can make enough food.
(d) Their cook has been home sick all week and called her so she can be ready. .
14. What does Louisa say when Boo asks her why she changed jobs?
(a) Boo is bothersome.
(b) Boo already knew why.
(c) She does not want to work for Jews.
(d) She does not like Boo.
15. Boo says it is not enough to know that Sylvan is taking Lala to Ballyhoo. What does she need to know?
(a) Whether Sylvan likes her.
(b) Whether Sylvan will propose.
(c) Whether Lala likes him.
(d) Whether he is taking her to the dance on the last night.
Short Answer Questions
1. What will Lala not find out?
2. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
3. What takes place at Ballyhoo?
4. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
5. About what does Reba tell Sunny she is glad?
This section contains 742 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)