|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sunny go up?
(a) To air out her dress.
(b) To get her purse.
(c) To take a nap.
(d) To get more books to study.
2. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
(a) She shows the family her new dress.
(b) She joins everyone for dinner.
(c) She invites Joe to go down to the premiere with her.
(d) She ignores Joe.
3. When Adolph can see that Joe and Sunny want to spend time alone, what does he suggest?
(a) They go to bed.
(b) They have coffee and cake.
(c) They all leave them alone.
(d) They all go for a walk.
4. What does he do as the scene ends?
(a) He listens to Sunny recite a sonnet.
(b) Leaves the train.
(c) He sits by Sunny.
(d) He shakes Sunny's hand.
5. What does Boo do when Reba asks some embarrassing questions?
(a) She apologizes for Reba's rude behavior.
(b) She tells her to be quiet.
(c) She takes her off into the kitchen.
(d) She begins to laugh.
6. Why did he have to drop out of college?
(a) He did not pass enough classes.
(b) College was not a good path for him.
(c) His father told him he needed to go to work in the family business.
(d) His father died and he had to go back home to work.
7. How did she find the Passover supper?
8. In the story Reba tells about a former neighbor, who boarded a train to start her second year at college, and did what?
(a) Began to work for the train company.
(b) Never came home.
(c) Had to be the train conductor.
(d) Ran up and down the aisles of the train with her clothes off.
9. How had Reba felt when she was young about Ballyhoo?
(a) Nervous about going.
(b) Not interested in going.
(c) Worried about going.
(d) Silly aout going.
10. To whom was young Reba similar?
11. What does Reba do when Lala says she is holding out hopes for another boy named Ferdy Nachman?
(a) Reba encourages her to hold out.
(b) Reba asks who this boy is.
(c) Reba warns her off him.
(d) Boo warns her off him.
12. What happened when Lala went to a Passover supper once?
(a) She spilled wine all over the tablecloth.
(b) She met many nice people.
(c) She did not know what to do.
(d) She enjoyed it very much.
13. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
(a) Because the star symbolizes the birth of the Messiah, and the family is Jewish.
(b) Because she would rather have an angel at the top.
(c) Because she does not like stars.
(d) Because the tree is too tall for an ornament at the top.
14. About what does Lala complain as she is leaving?
(a) Only her mother could ruin both Christmas and Gone with the Wind in the same night.
(b) Only her mother understands her.
(c) She wishes her mother would go to the premier with her.
(d) She will not have time to finish decorating the tree.
15. What will Lala not find out?
(a) Where Sylvan is going.
(b) When she will see Sylvan again.
(c) Whether Sylvan is going to take her to the dance.
(d) Where she can find Sylvan.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Boo tell Lala about Sylvan?
2. What is Joe's response?
3. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
4. What does Adolph remind Boo about Sunny's father?
5. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
This section contains 688 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)