|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is Sunny's major?
2. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
(a) The man leaves.
(b) Someone screams.
(c) The conductor calls "All Aboard!"
(d) The train stops abruptly.
3. Who is Sylvan?
(a) The boy next door.
(b) Lala's brother.
(c) The boy with whom Boo wants Lala to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) Sunny and Lala's cousin.
4. What does he tell her?
(a) He has the seat next to the window.
(b) He is on his way to New York City.
(c) He thinks she is pretty.
(d) He was asked to look in on her by Adolph
5. Of what does Boo accuse Adolph?
(a) Paying Sunny's college tuition.
(b) Giving more money to Reba and Sunny.
(c) Keeping both her and DeWald out of the family business.
(d) Keeping the family inheritance for himself.
6. Why does Boo accuse Adolph of playing favorites?
(a) It is obvious that Adolph likes Lala more than Sunny.
(b) Sunny is prettier than Lala.
(c) He does not like Boo, so he does not like Lala.
(d) He never cared for Lala's father, Boo's husband DeWald.
7. On what does Boo blame Lala's behavior?
(a) Not having a prospective husband in mind.
(b) Having caught the measles when she was a child, missing a lot of school, and not making friends.
(c) Not getting enough sleep the night before.
(d) Being too excited about "Gone with the Wind."
8. About what does Lala complain as she is leaving?
(a) She will not have time to finish decorating the tree.
(b) Only her mother could ruin both Christmas and Gone with the Wind in the same night.
(c) Only her mother understands her.
(d) She wishes her mother would go to the premier with her.
9. What does Louisa say when Boo asks her why she changed jobs?
(a) She does not want to work for Jews.
(b) Boo already knew why.
(c) Boo is bothersome.
(d) She does not like Boo.
10. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
(a) She wants to watch as many movies as possible, to learn how to shoot a film.
(b) She wants to meet Vivian Leigh.
(c) She needs to get an idea what she'll be in for at her opening night.
(d) She hopes Clark Gable will be at the premier.
11. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) It makes people insane.
(b) More intelligence.
(c) A good job.
(d) A better life.
12. What does Adolph tell Sunny after Reba is gone?
(a) He has deposited money in her account for college.
(b) He found university brochures hidden on Sunny's father's desk when she was six years old, and comments on how proud he would be of her.
(c) He hopes she goes to Ballyhoo and meets someone special.
(d) He hopes she is enjoying college.
13. What had Sunny's father done for Boo?
(a) He had loved her like a sister.
(b) He had given her many reasons to not trust him.
(c) He had given her the sterling silver she insisted upon when she got married.
(d) He had helped her raise Lala.
14. What does Sunny say about reading her book?
(a) Train rides are good for reading Shakespeare.
(b) She too loves Jane Austen.
(c) She would like to be a model for Vogue, someday.
(d) Reading communist writing does not make a person into one.
15. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "the smartest girl I know."
(b) As being of "the other kind."
(c) As being "a great friend."
(d) As being "a little odd."
Short Answer Questions
1. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
2. To whom was young Reba similar?
3. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
4. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
5. What does this man invite Sunny to do?
This section contains 722 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)