|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens before she has a chance to answer?
(a) The man leaves.
(b) The conductor calls "All Aboard!"
(c) Someone screams.
(d) The train stops abruptly.
2. When Adolph can see that Joe and Sunny want to spend time alone, what does he suggest?
(a) They all leave them alone.
(b) They go to bed.
(c) They all go for a walk.
(d) They have coffee and cake.
3. What is she reading?
(a) A magazine.
(b) A book by a Communist writer.
(c) A novel.
(d) Shakespeare sonnets.
4. What does Joe say he is glad to do?
(a) Speak with Lala.
(b) Help out in the kitchen.
(c) Be a part of this family's evening.
(d) Meet Lala.
5. What does Adolph remind Boo about Sunny's father?
(a) Adolph is her father, so he is allowed to favor her over Lala.
(b) He worked his fingers to the bone not only to provide the necessities of life for his family, but also to provide extras.
(c) He has left Sunny and Reba.
(d) He is not welcome in the house.
6. Boo says it is not enough to know that Sylvan is taking Lala to Ballyhoo. What does she need to know?
(a) Whether Sylvan will propose.
(b) Whether he is taking her to the dance on the last night.
(c) Whether Lala likes him.
(d) Whether Sylvan likes her.
7. What does Adolph look at Joe and wonder?
(a) Where Joe's family is located.
(b) Why Joe is still here.
(c) Why Lala is interested in this man.
(d) Why Boo would think Joe would be interested in the Ballyhoo.
8. What does Reba comment to herself, regarding Sunny?
(a) She is sad Sunny is so much like her.
(b) She is happy Sunny is at least a little like her.
(c) She is sad Sunny is not more like her.
(d) She is happy Sunny is not like her.
9. How does Reba describe the girl?
(a) As being "a little odd."
(b) As being of "the other kind."
(c) As being "a great friend."
(d) As being "the smartest girl I know."
10. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
(a) To Ballyhoo.
(b) Back to college.
(c) Home for the holidays.
(d) To the Shakespeare festival.
11. The next morning, what are Boo and Reba doing?
(a) Reba cooks breakfast and Boo listens to the radio.
(b) Boo does the accounts for the store and Reba knits.
(c) Boo cooks breakfast and Reba listens to the radio.
(d) Reba does the accounts for the store and Reba knits.
12. Why does Reba tell Sunny how proud she is of her?
(a) For liking a nice boy like Joe.
(b) For not going to the dance.
(c) For growing up so differently from her.
(d) For being so smart.
13. The next morning, what is Sunny doing?
(a) Trying on her dress.
(c) Listening to the radio.
14. According to Reba what are two kinds of European Jews?
(a) Those who speak English and those who do not.
(b) Those from Northern Europe and those from Southern Europe.
(c) Those from Germany and those from other countries.
(d) Those from Western Europe and those from Eastern Europe
15. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
(a) He talks to Joe.
(b) He goes to his room.
(c) He watches television.
(d) He snoozes in his chair.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Boo accuse Adolph?
2. What does Reba do when Lala says she is holding out hopes for another boy named Ferdy Nachman?
3. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
4. How are Sunny and Joe left alone?
5. To whom was young Reba similar?
This section contains 655 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)