|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Sunny go up?
(a) To get more books to study.
(b) To get her purse.
(c) To air out her dress.
(d) To take a nap.
2. What does Reba do when Lala says she is holding out hopes for another boy named Ferdy Nachman?
(a) Reba asks who this boy is.
(b) Reba warns her off him.
(c) Reba encourages her to hold out.
(d) Boo warns her off him.
3. Why does Boo ask Adolph why he is going down to pick up Sunny at the train station?
(a) Sunny can walk home.
(b) She wants him to pick up some groceries instead.
(c) Sunny knows her way home perfectly well.
(d) Whether or not she has a lot of luggage.
4. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
(a) Ignore him.
(b) Call him.
(c) Forget about him.
(d) Go to his house.
5. Boo says it is not enough to know that Sylvan is taking Lala to Ballyhoo. What does she need to know?
(a) Whether Sylvan will propose.
(b) Whether Sylvan likes her.
(c) Whether Lala likes him.
(d) Whether he is taking her to the dance on the last night.
6. To what does this statement lead?
(a) A discussion of what goes on at Ballyhoo.
(b) If he would like to go to Ballyhoo with Lala.
(c) What he would like for dinner next time he comes.
(d) If he has a girlfriend.
7. What does Joe say he is glad to do?
(a) Meet Lala.
(b) Be a part of this family's evening.
(c) Speak with Lala.
(d) Help out in the kitchen.
8. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
(a) Back to college.
(b) Home for the holidays.
(c) To Ballyhoo.
(d) To the Shakespeare festival.
9. The next morning, what is Sunny doing?
(b) Trying on her dress.
(d) Listening to the radio.
10. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
(a) She shows the family her new dress.
(b) She ignores Joe.
(c) She joins everyone for dinner.
(d) She invites Joe to go down to the premiere with her.
11. Why does Lala pace nervously?
(a) She cannot wait to see "Gone with the Wind."
(b) She is unsure if Sylvan is going to take her to Ballyhoo.
(c) She is worried about Sunny.
(d) She is excited to go to Ballyhoo.
12. What had Sunny's father done for Boo?
(a) He had given her the sterling silver she insisted upon when she got married.
(b) He had helped her raise Lala.
(c) He had given her many reasons to not trust him.
(d) He had loved her like a sister.
13. What does this man do?
(a) He glares at her.
(b) He introduces himself.
(c) He sits next to her, silently.
(d) He tells her to move over.
14. What does Boo do when Reba asks some embarrassing questions?
(a) She takes her off into the kitchen.
(b) She tells her to be quiet.
(c) She apologizes for Reba's rude behavior.
(d) She begins to laugh.
15. To whom was young Reba similar?
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Boo and Reba argue?
2. What does he comment about her studying?
3. Where do Lala and her mother go to get ready?
4. Who is Sunny's father?
5. What does Joe realize?
This section contains 597 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)