|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. To what does this statement lead?
(a) If he would like to go to Ballyhoo with Lala.
(b) If he has a girlfriend.
(c) What he would like for dinner next time he comes.
(d) A discussion of what goes on at Ballyhoo.
2. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) It makes people insane.
(b) More intelligence.
(c) A good job.
(d) A better life.
3. When there is a knock at the door, and Boo thinks it is the police, who is it?
(c) A neighbor.
4. What does Lala then convince her mother to do?
(a) Let her go to a movie instead.
(b) Take a little trip.
(c) Go to to dinner.
(d) Go shopping for a dress with her.
5. Where is Louisa, their cook, going to work?
(a) In a school.
(b) In a nursing home.
(c) In a restaurant.
(d) At the Arkwright's across the street.
6. How does Reba react to this news?
(a) She is disappointed.
(b) She tells her she is making a good decision.
(c) She congratulates her happily.
(d) She is surprised.
7. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
(a) Go to his house.
(b) Forget about him.
(c) Ignore him.
(d) Call him.
8. What will Lala not find out?
(a) When she will see Sylvan again.
(b) Where she can find Sylvan.
(c) Where Sylvan is going.
(d) Whether Sylvan is going to take her to the dance.
9. What takes place at Ballyhoo?
(a) Hayrides, wiener roasts, parties and on the last night, a huge dance.
(b) A silent auction.
(c) A formal cocktail party and dance.
(d) A premier of the latest popular movie.
10. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
(a) She ignores Joe.
(b) She invites Joe to go down to the premiere with her.
(c) She joins everyone for dinner.
(d) She shows the family her new dress.
11. What does Lala lift from the lobby of the movie theatre?
(a) A popcorn machine.
(b) A poster-sized picture of Scarlett O'Hara.
(c) A ticket to see "Gone with the Wind."
(d) An autographed ticket from the trash.
12. About what does Reba tell Sunny she is glad?
(a) Sunny is going to go to Ballyhoo.
(b) Sunny is going shopping with Lala.
(c) Sunny is going to spend the evening with her.
(d) Sunny is going to college and studying.
13. How does Sunny respond when Lala asks how they know each other?
(a) They met on a bus.
(b) They met at the train station.
(c) They met in college.
(d) They met on the train.
14. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
(a) No, he does not want to go with her.
(b) No, he is taking his cousin.
(c) Yes, so she needs to buy a new dress.
(d) It did not come up and adds that she has hopes for someone else.
15. What does she tell him about her family?
(a) It is one of many Jewish families on the block.
(b) They are very strange, since they are not practicing Jews.
(c) They love to have company come to visit.
(d) It is the only Jewish family on a socially mobile, very Protestant street.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Joe respond to this information?
2. What does Lala say when Boo asks her why she wants to go down to the theater?
3. Who is the author of her book?
4. What does Reba do when Lala says she is holding out hopes for another boy named Ferdy Nachman?
5. What does Joe realize?
This section contains 674 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)