|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Adolph look at Joe and wonder?
(a) Where Joe's family is located.
(b) Why Lala is interested in this man.
(c) Why Boo would think Joe would be interested in the Ballyhoo.
(d) Why Joe is still here.
2. Who is the author of her book?
(a) Jane Austen.
(b) Upton Sinclair.
(c) William Shakespeare.
(d) Vogue writers.
3. What does Reba ask about Passover?
(a) Where Joe will be spending Passover.
(b) What it is.
(c) Whether those festivities are held in the spring.
(d) If it is anything like Chanuka.
4. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
(a) She needs to get an idea what she'll be in for at her opening night.
(b) She wants to meet Vivian Leigh.
(c) She hopes Clark Gable will be at the premier.
(d) She wants to watch as many movies as possible, to learn how to shoot a film.
5. How are Sunny and Joe left alone?
(a) The family goes to the kitchen.
(b) The family goes for a walk.
(c) Lala goes to visit Sylvan; Boo and Adolph go to make coffee.
(d) Lala goes out to make coffee; Boo and Adolph go up to bed.
6. What does Lala tell Joe to do?
(a) Watch television.
(b) Go with her to Ballyhoo.
(c) Come up with the name of the central family in her novel.
(d) Sing Christmas carols.
7. What does this man do?
(a) He sits next to her, silently.
(b) He tells her to move over.
(c) He glares at her.
(d) He introduces himself.
8. Over what do Boo and Reba argue?
(a) Where Ballyhoo will be this year.
(b) How the tradition of Ballyhoo got started.
(c) Whether or not they would allow their daughters to go.
(d) How much tickets cost.
9. What will Lala not find out?
(a) Whether Sylvan is going to take her to the dance.
(b) Where she can find Sylvan.
(c) When she will see Sylvan again.
(d) Where Sylvan is going.
10. After some small talk about how Joe got his job with Adolph, what does Joe ask?
(a) Whether Sunny and her family really are Jewish.
(b) Where is Sunny's family is from.
(c) If Sunny will go to Ballyhoo with him.
(d) If her family practices their faith.
11. What does Joe say he is glad to do?
(a) Help out in the kitchen.
(b) Be a part of this family's evening.
(c) Meet Lala.
(d) Speak with Lala.
12. What does he tell her?
(a) He has the seat next to the window.
(b) He was asked to look in on her by Adolph
(c) He is on his way to New York City.
(d) He thinks she is pretty.
13. What does Boo do when Reba asks some embarrassing questions?
(a) She takes her off into the kitchen.
(b) She tells her to be quiet.
(c) She begins to laugh.
(d) She apologizes for Reba's rude behavior.
14. What does Reba think the consequences are of higher education?
(a) A better life.
(b) More intelligence.
(c) A good job.
(d) It makes people insane.
15. As Reba runs upstairs to put on a dress, what does Boo ask Adolph?
(a) What has upset Reba.
(b) Where he and Reba are going.
(c) What has upset him so much.
(d) What he wants for dinner.
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Sunny respond when Lala asks how they know each other?
2. Where is Louisa, their cook, going to work?
3. What does he do as the scene ends?
4. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
5. What is Joe's response?
This section contains 673 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)