|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lala say when Boo asks her why she wants to go down to the theater?
(a) She confesses she would like to be a movie director some day.
(b) She confesses that she is writing a book about the South that she's convinced is going to become a movie.
(c) She wants to the the new movie, "Gone with the Wind."
(d) She would like to get a job as an usher at the theatre.
2. As Reba runs upstairs to put on a dress, what does Boo ask Adolph?
(a) What has upset Reba.
(b) What has upset him so much.
(c) Where he and Reba are going.
(d) What he wants for dinner.
3. Who is Sylvan?
(a) The boy next door.
(b) Lala's brother.
(c) The boy with whom Boo wants Lala to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) Sunny and Lala's cousin.
4. In the story Reba tells about a former neighbor, who boarded a train to start her second year at college, and did what?
(a) Ran up and down the aisles of the train with her clothes off.
(b) Began to work for the train company.
(c) Never came home.
(d) Had to be the train conductor.
5. What does Boo suggest that Lala should have on her mind?
(a) Other things, such as what she will sing in the Christmas pagent.
(b) Other things, such as what gifts she would like for Christmas.
(c) Other things, such as her school work.
(d) Other things, such as who is going to take her to Ballyhoo in a couple of weeks.
Short Answer Questions
1. Of what does Boo accuse Adolph?
2. What does Adolph look at Joe and wonder?
3. What does she tell him about her family?
4. When there is a knock at the door, and Boo thinks it is the police, who is it?
5. What does Sunny describe as a bunch of Jewish people trying to be Episcopalians?
This section contains 409 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)