|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 3.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why did he have to drop out of college?
(a) College was not a good path for him.
(b) His father told him he needed to go to work in the family business.
(c) He did not pass enough classes.
(d) His father died and he had to go back home to work.
2. What is Lala Levy doing as she decorates a Christmas tree while her aunt Reba watches and knits?
(a) Singing Christmas carols.
(b) Listening to the radio.
(c) Humming to herself.
(d) Singing Jewish songs.
3. Why does Boo respond to Lala by saying she should be doing something more constructive, like calling Sylvan?
(a) She needs to get an idea what she'll be in for at her opening night.
(b) She wants to meet Vivian Leigh.
(c) She wants to watch as many movies as possible, to learn how to shoot a film.
(d) She hopes Clark Gable will be at the premier.
4. What does Lala complain that instead of fighting about Christmas trees, they should all be doing?
(a) Decorating the tree together.
(b) Getting ready for Christmas dinner.
(c) Celebrating because Clark Gable and other movie stars are in town for the world premiere of Gone with the Wind just a few blocks away.
(d) Preparing a meal for the first day of Chanuka.
5. Where does he believe Sunny will not be going?
(a) Home for the holidays.
(b) Back to college.
(c) To Ballyhoo.
(d) To the Shakespeare festival.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is Sunny?
2. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
3. What does Lala eagerly observe about Joe?
4. On a train stopping over in Baltimore, what is Reba's daughter, Sunny, doing?
5. What does she tell him about her family?
This section contains 406 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)