|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 1, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Lala do when she comes down the stairs?
(a) She joins everyone for dinner.
(b) She invites Joe to go down to the premiere with her.
(c) She shows the family her new dress.
(d) She ignores Joe.
2. What will Joe Farkas, a young man from New York, be taking over?
(a) His place as head of the household.
(b) Adolph's company.
(c) The Atlanta branch of the company.
(d) Some of the traveling at work.
3. Why does Reba say that Lala came home from Michigan?
(a) She had flunked out.
(b) She did not have enough money.
(c) She had no friends.
(d) She was homesick.
4. On what does Boo blame Lala's behavior?
(a) Not getting enough sleep the night before.
(b) Being too excited about "Gone with the Wind."
(c) Not having a prospective husband in mind.
(d) Having caught the measles when she was a child, missing a lot of school, and not making friends.
5. What does Reba ask about Passover?
(a) If it is anything like Chanuka.
(b) What it is.
(c) Where Joe will be spending Passover.
(d) Whether those festivities are held in the spring.
Short Answer Questions
1. Over what do Boo and Reba argue?
2. What does Boo ask him?
3. What does Reba do when Lala says she is holding out hopes for another boy named Ferdy Nachman?
4. What does Joe do?
5. Why does Lala say the tree cannot have a star?
This section contains 352 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)