|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 5.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Boo says it is not enough to know that Sylvan is taking Lala to Ballyhoo. What does she need to know?
(a) Whether Sylvan will propose.
(b) Whether Lala likes him.
(c) Whether Sylvan likes her.
(d) Whether he is taking her to the dance on the last night.
2. Why is Boo upset about the gift?
(a) She does not celebrate Christmas.
(b) She is upset with Louisa.
(c) She hates watermelon pickles.
(d) She hates fruit cake.
3. Where does this scene take place?
(a) At the dance.
(b) In the family's home.
(c) At a restaurant.
(d) In a park.
4. The next morning, what are Reba and Adolph doing when Boo comes in with the morning paper?
(a) Reba is clearing away after breakfast and Adolph is doing some paperwork.
(b) Reba is listening to the radio and Adolph is cooking breakfast.
(c) Reba is cooking breakfast and Adolph is reading the newspaper.
(d) Reba is knitting and Adolph is snoozing.
5. What makes Adolph refer to Lala as "Scarlett O'Goldberg?"
(a) Her dress looks like something out of "Gone with the Wind."
(b) She is quoting from "Gone with the Wind."
(c) Her hair is styled like Scarlett O'Hara's.
(d) She puts on a thick southern accent like Scarlett O'Hara.
Short Answer Questions
1. When there is a knock at the door, and Boo thinks it is the police, who is it?
2. What does Peachy do to Joe, unintentionally?
3. What does he do as the scene ends?
4. Why does Sunny go up?
5. What does Lala say when Boo asks her why she wants to go down to the theater?
This section contains 356 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)