|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This quiz consists of 5 multiple choice and 5 short answer questions through Act 2, Scene 2.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. When Boo asks whether Sylvan asked her to Ballyhoo, how does Lala reply?
(a) No, he does not want to go with her.
(b) No, he is taking his cousin.
(c) Yes, so she needs to buy a new dress.
(d) It did not come up and adds that she has hopes for someone else.
2. What does he do as the scene ends?
(a) Leaves the train.
(b) He listens to Sunny recite a sonnet.
(c) He shakes Sunny's hand.
(d) He sits by Sunny.
3. As Reba runs upstairs to put on a dress, what does Boo ask Adolph?
(a) Where he and Reba are going.
(b) What he wants for dinner.
(c) What has upset him so much.
(d) What has upset Reba.
4. Who is Sylvan?
(a) Sunny and Lala's cousin.
(b) Lala's brother.
(c) The boy with whom Boo wants Lala to go to Ballyhoo.
(d) The boy next door.
5. Why are the Ballyhoo tickets free?
(a) Adolph is a vice president of the country club where the dance is being held.
(b) Adolph won two free tickets.
(c) Adolph paid for them.
(d) Adolph refuses to allow Joe to pay for the tickets.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Joe say he is glad to do?
2. What does Boo convince Lala to do, regarding Sylvan?
3. What does Adolph do as Reba and Boo clear the table?
4. On a train stopping over in Baltimore, what is Reba's daughter, Sunny, doing?
5. The next morning, what are Reba and Adolph doing when Boo comes in with the morning paper?
This section contains 325 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)