|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heywood explain his paint?
(a) He says the Oneida painted him.
(b) He says he wears what his brothers give him.
(c) He says he cannot get it off.
(d) He says he likes the colors.
2. What slows their progress in tracking the Indians?
(a) Heyward suffers from the heat
(b) a river crossing
(c) Munro becomes hysterical
(d) a few false leads
3. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) put down a false trail
(b) set fire to their canoes
(c) pretend to build a camp
(d) split up and leave three trails
4. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
(a) to the cave where Cora is
(b) to the river
(c) to the Huron village
(d) to the Delaware camp
5. What choice does Magua give Cora?
(a) a knife in the heart or being tossed off the cliff
(b) the life of Alice if she agrees to marry him
(c) his wigwam or his knife
(d) being scalped dead or alive
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
2. Who does Hawkeye confess to killing?
3. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
4. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
5. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
Short Essay Questions
1. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
2. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
3. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
4. Explain why the five men use extra caution when leaving Fort Henry the following morning.
5. Describe the relationship between Chingachgook and his son, Uncas, as seen at the campfire in the ruins of Fort Henry.
6. What causes great excitement and consternation in the Delaware camp?
7. How are Cora and Uncas honored in death?
8. Describe the negotiations with Magua to get the release of Cora.
9. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
10. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
This section contains 690 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)