|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) to take the courage of the prisoner
(b) eat him
(c) carry him away
(d) mark him for life
2. What makes the work of the men so dangerous?
(a) Heyward and Munro
(b) a change in the weather
(c) Indian scouts
(d) foes in front and foes at the rear
3. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
4. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) tie and gag him
(b) throw him down a canyon
(c) knock him out
(d) cut his throat
5. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(b) that two Mohicans were still alive
(c) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
(d) that the Mohicans will rise again
Short Answer Questions
1. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
2. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
3. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
4. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
5. What resistance does Cora put up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
2. Describe the negotiations with Magua to get the release of Cora.
3. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
4. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
5. Why is David allowed to roam around unmolested by the Indians?
6. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
7. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
8. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
9. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
10. What happens that night as the five men stay in the ruins of Fort Henry?
This section contains 678 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)