|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Heywood smuggle Alice out of the cave?
(a) in the bear hide
(b) as an Indian squaw
(c) in a suitcase
(d) as a blanket-wrapped bundle
2. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
3. How is Cora prepared for burial?
(a) in a leather Delaware squaw dress
(b) wrapped in a white sheet
(c) in a silk dress taken from Ft Henry
(d) in fine robes and flowers over her body
4. Who plans to join the war party?
(a) Alice and Hawkeye
(b) David and Chingachgook
(c) Heyward and David
(d) Heyward and Hawkeye
5. Who is the intruder?
(a) an Oneida
(b) a Delaware
(c) an Iroquois
(d) another Mohican
Short Answer Questions
1. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
2. Where is Alice Munro?
3. Who does Hawkeye confess to killing?
4. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
5. How do the men leave the fort the next morning?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
2. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
3. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
4. What is Heyward warned about?
5. What happens that night as the five men stay in the ruins of Fort Henry?
6. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
7. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
8. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
9. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
10. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
This section contains 525 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)