|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
(a) playfully talking together
(b) serious and speaking in whispers
(c) warning the others to be quiet
(d) standing ready for another intruder
2. What is the Delaware chief's response when Magua offers to take Cora off his hands?
(a) He asks for a high price.
(b) He laughs and says no.
(c) He pretends he does not understand.
(d) He says that Cora is welcome.
3. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
(a) Alice and Heyward
(b) Chingachgook and Hawkeye
(c) Cora and Uncas
(d) Hawkeye and Uncas
4. What does Heywood tell Alice?
(a) that her father has given permission for them to marry
(b) that her father is ill
(c) that her father is waiting at Fort Edward
(d) that her father refuses to let them marry
5. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) near a brook
(b) under an overhang
(c) in a thicket
(d) beside a deer trail
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
2. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
3. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
4. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
5. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
This section contains 301 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)