|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Hawkeye confess to killing?
(a) many white men but no Indians
(b) many buffalo but no people
(c) many Delaware but no Mohicans
(d) many Iroquois but no Delaware
2. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
(a) in a grjoup of Huron women
(b) hiding under a bear skin
(c) in a cavern surrounded by plunder
(d) tied to a tree
3. Who does the bear turn out to be?
4. How is Hawkeye dressed as they escape?
(a) as a medicine man
(b) still as a bear
(c) in a Huron robe
(d) in David's clothes
5. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
Short Answer Questions
1. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
2. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
3. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
4. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
5. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the deaths of Cora, Magua, and Uncas.
2. What causes great excitement and consternation in the Delaware camp?
3. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
4. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
5. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
6. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
7. When Magua enters the cave, how do Heyward and Hawkeye overpower him?
8. Describe the relationship between Chingachgook and his son, Uncas, as seen at the campfire in the ruins of Fort Henry.
9. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
10. Why is David allowed to roam around unmolested by the Indians?
This section contains 651 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)