|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
(a) his playing the harmonica
(b) his funny walk
(c) his song during the killing
(d) his dancing during the killing
2. What assurance does Hawkeye give Chingachgook?
(a) that there will be a resurrection
(b) that he will never be alone
(c) that Uncas is in the Happy Hunting Ground
(d) that he will get a government pension
3. At first, what does Tamenund do?
(a) calls Magua to tesitfy against Uncas
(b) turns his back on Uncas
(c) condemns Uncas to be tortured and killed
(d) demands that Uncas identify himself
4. Where do the men spend the night?
(a) in the French camp
(b) back at the cave
(c) in the ruin of Fort Henry
(d) on the trail of the Iroquois
5. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) Reed that Bends
(b) a young Huron boy
(c) a young Oneida
Short Answer Questions
1. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
2. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
3. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
4. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
5. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
2. When Magua enters the cave, how do Heyward and Hawkeye overpower him?
3. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
4. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
5. What causes great excitement and consternation in the Delaware camp?
6. Describe the relationship between Chingachgook and his son, Uncas, as seen at the campfire in the ruins of Fort Henry.
7. Describe how Magua gains entry into the Delaware village.
8. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
9. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
10. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
This section contains 653 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)