|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who do the young men bring to the Delaware camp meeting?
(a) captured soldiers
(b) the three strangers
(c) captured Hurons
(d) their wives
2. Why do some of the Huron men creep into the lodge?
(a) to get warm by the fire
(b) to look for Alice
(c) to see the bewitched Uncas
(d) to hide from the chief
3. Who wins the contest?
4. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
(a) to learn its name
(b) to frighten it away
(c) to teach it how to dance
(d) to make it enter Uncas
5. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to listen for the French
(b) to watch for Oneida
(c) to leave no trail
(d) to preten to be going fishing
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the only one of the captives that Magua has a claim on?
2. What example does Chingachgook set for Heyward?
3. What is Heywood's plan?
4. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
5. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Chingachgook and his son, Uncas, as seen at the campfire in the ruins of Fort Henry.
2. How are Cora and Uncas honored in death?
3. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
4. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
5. Describe the deaths of Cora, Magua, and Uncas.
6. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
7. Describe the negotiations with Magua to get the release of Cora.
8. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
9. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
10. What strange event occurs as Heyward is led to a cave to perform medicine cures for a woman possessed of an evil spirit?
This section contains 754 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)