|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who meets Heywood and David just outside the Huron village?
(a) the Huron women
(b) a war party
(c) Le Renard
2. What resistance does Cora put up?
(a) Near a cliff, she refuses to go farther.
(b) She threatens to jump off the cliff.
(c) Near the river, she jumps in.
(d) She grabs a knife and tries to kill a Huron.
3. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
(a) set fire to their canoes
(b) pretend to build a camp
(c) split up and leave three trails
(d) put down a false trail
4. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Uncas to check.
(b) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(c) He asks Chingachgook to check.
(d) He asks a private to check.
5. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
(a) He tried to steal Alice.
(b) He showed cowardice in battle.
(c) He killed another Huron.
(d) He is mortally wounded.
Short Answer Questions
1. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
2. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
3. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
4. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
5. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
2. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
3. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
4. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
5. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
6. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
7. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
8. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
9. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
10. What happens that night as the five men stay in the ruins of Fort Henry?
This section contains 605 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)