|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) to take the courage of the prisoner
(b) eat him
(c) mark him for life
(d) carry him away
2. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(b) that two Mohicans were still alive
(c) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
(d) that the Mohicans will rise again
3. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
(a) a young Oneida
(b) a young Huron boy
(c) Reed that Bends
4. What resistance does Cora put up?
(a) Near the river, she jumps in.
(b) Near a cliff, she refuses to go farther.
(c) She threatens to jump off the cliff.
(d) She grabs a knife and tries to kill a Huron.
5. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his superior strength
(b) his challenge to Magua
(c) his quick wits
(d) his turtle tattoo
Short Answer Questions
1. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
2. Who will go to rescue Cora during the battle?
3. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
4. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
5. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
Short Essay Questions
1. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
2. What happens that night as the five men stay in the ruins of Fort Henry?
3. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
4. Describe the negotiations with Magua to get the release of Cora.
5. Why does Magua take Alice and not Cora when he leaves the Delaware village?
6. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
7. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
8. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
9. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
10. What is Heyward warned about?
This section contains 666 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)