|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) near a brook
(b) beside a deer trail
(c) in a thicket
(d) under an overhang
2. What is the symbolism of the attack on the red painted tree?
(a) the beginning of summer
(b) a period of celebration
(c) the elevation of a new chief
(d) a declaration of war
3. How do Hawkeye and Uncas leave David in the lodge?
(a) in the shadows dressed as Uncas
(b) knocked out in the shadown
(c) tied up naked in the shadows
(d) tied to a log in the shadows
4. What dashes their hopes of finding Magua and the girls?
(a) The trail goes cold.
(b) They come to a rocky valley with no trail.
(c) The horses are found wandering by themselves.
(d) It begins to rain and wash away the trail.
5. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(b) He asks a private to check.
(c) He asks Chingachgook to check.
(d) He asks Uncas to check.
Short Answer Questions
1. Where is Cora?
2. Which main characters do not survive the battle?
3. What startles David in the hut?
4. What does Cora tell Chief Tamenund to stop Magua from leaving with Alice?
5. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
Short Essay Questions
1. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
2. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
3. Describe the negotiations with Magua to get the release of Cora.
4. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
5. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
6. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
7. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
8. Tell about the Hurons' response to the Delaware declaration of war.
9. Describe the relationship between Chingachgook and his son, Uncas, as seen at the campfire in the ruins of Fort Henry.
10. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
This section contains 736 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)