|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
2. What does Magua use to persuade the chief?
(a) his strength
(b) his gifts
(c) his challenge
(d) his powers of oratory
3. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
(a) to the cave where Cora is
(b) to the Huron village
(c) to the Delaware camp
(d) to the river
4. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
(a) He asks Uncas to check.
(b) He asks Chingachgook to check.
(c) He asks Hawkeye to check.
(d) He asks a private to check.
5. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He is killed.
(b) He is shot in the arm.
(c) He is given a hero's welcome.
(d) He escapes any danger.
Short Answer Questions
1. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
2. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
3. What does the Huron chief want Heyward to do about an evil spirit in a tribal woman?
4. Who is the young man holding onto the painted pole?
5. Where do the men spend the night?
Short Essay Questions
1. When Magua enters the cave, how do Heyward and Hawkeye overpower him?
2. What ruse do Heyward and Hawkeye use to confuse the Delaware?
3. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
4. Explain why the five men use extra caution when leaving Fort Henry the following morning.
5. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
6. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
7. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
8. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
9. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
10. Describe how Magua gains entry into the Delaware village.
This section contains 642 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)