|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What example does Chingachgook set for Heyward?
(a) falling asleep
(b) keeping his arms at the ready
(c) hiding in the shadows
(d) not showing that he is aware of danger
2. What choice does Magua give Cora?
(a) his wigwam or his knife
(b) the life of Alice if she agrees to marry him
(c) being scalped dead or alive
(d) a knife in the heart or being tossed off the cliff
3. What gifts has Magua brought?
(a) a chest of fabrics found at Ft. Henry
(b) rifles taken from dead soldiers
(c) trinkets stolen from the dead bodies of women and children
(d) a large, slaughtered buffalo
4. What happens to the boy sent to collect rifles?
(a) He is given a hero's welcome.
(b) He is shot in the arm.
(c) He escapes any danger.
(d) He is killed.
5. In the Huron village, what does Uncas tell Heyward?
(a) to run for help
(b) to act crazy
(c) to throw things at him
(d) to pretend not to know him
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
2. What is Magua really after?
3. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
4. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
5. Why do the Huron allow David to come and go?
This section contains 282 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)