|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What are they careful about as they go to the canoes to cross the lake?
(a) to preten to be going fishing
(b) to leave no trail
(c) to listen for the French
(d) to watch for Oneida
2. What does David report?
(a) that the girls are tied to a tree
(b) that the Huron quarrel over the girls
(c) that the girls are both sick
(d) that the girls are unspoiled
3. What weapon does David insist he can use?
(a) a pistol
(b) a sling
(c) a spear
(d) a knife
4. Where do the Huron think Alice, Heyward, and Hawkeye are?
(a) off looking for Cora
(b) back at the fort
(c) the Delaware camp
(d) out on the lake
5. What example does Chingachgook set for Heyward?
(a) not showing that he is aware of danger
(b) keeping his arms at the ready
(c) hiding in the shadows
(d) falling asleep
Short Answer Questions
1. What do they suspect about the Oneida?
2. What do they find when they look for the sick woman in the cave?
3. What gifts has Magua brought?
4. What evidence do they keep finding that tells them they are on the right trail?
5. What does Chingachgook say over the body of his son?
Short Essay Questions
1. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
2. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
3. Describe how Magua gains entry into the Delaware village.
4. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
5. Tell about the Hurons' response to the Delaware declaration of war.
6. Explain why the five men use extra caution when leaving Fort Henry the following morning.
7. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
8. What ruse do Heyward and Hawkeye use to confuse the Delaware?
9. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
10. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
This section contains 702 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)