|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where do the men spend the night?
(a) on the trail of the Iroquois
(b) back at the cave
(c) in the ruin of Fort Henry
(d) in the French camp
2. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) mark him for life
(b) to take the courage of the prisoner
(c) carry him away
(d) eat him
3. Who sings over the grave of Cora?
4. How is Cora prepared for burial?
(a) wrapped in a white sheet
(b) in a leather Delaware squaw dress
(c) in fine robes and flowers over her body
(d) in a silk dress taken from Ft Henry
5. What is Heyward hoping for as he wanders around the Huron village?
(a) to find a sign of Alice
(b) to find something to eat
(c) to find a wife
(d) to entertain the children
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Heywood explain his paint?
2. Where is Alice Munro?
3. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
4. When Heywood hears something, who does he turn to?
5. At first, what does Tamenund do?
Short Essay Questions
1. Explain why the five men use extra caution when leaving Fort Henry the following morning.
2. Describe the negotiations with Magua to get the release of Cora.
3. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
4. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
5. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
6. Why is David allowed to roam around unmolested by the Indians?
7. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
8. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
9. Describe how Magua gains entry into the Delaware village.
10. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
This section contains 682 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)