|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is the man Heywood sees approaching the Huron camp?
(a) a French deserter
(b) another Oneida
(c) the bedraggled singer, David Gamut
(d) Le Renard
2. What stops the Delaware from torturing Uncas?
(a) his challenge to Magua
(b) his superior strength
(c) his quick wits
(d) his turtle tattoo
3. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
(a) He killed another Huron.
(b) He is mortally wounded.
(c) He tried to steal Alice.
(d) He showed cowardice in battle.
4. What assurance does Hawkeye give Chingachgook?
(a) that Uncas is in the Happy Hunting Ground
(b) that he will get a government pension
(c) that there will be a resurrection
(d) that he will never be alone
5. Why do the Huron allow David to come and go?
(a) They think he is lost.
(b) They think he is dangerous.
(c) They think he is mad.
(d) They think he is funny.
Short Answer Questions
1. What is Heywood left alone with in the cave?
2. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
3. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
4. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
5. How do Uncas and Chingachgook behave after the threat is gone?
This section contains 256 words
(approx. 1 page at 300 words per page)