|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Magua say is responsible for tying him up?
(c) Le Longue Carabine
2. Where is Cora?
(a) cooking for the Huron warriors
(b) with another tribe two miles away
(c) tied to a tree near the camp
(d) with another war party going back to the village
3. Who does Hawkeye confess to killing?
(a) many buffalo but no people
(b) many Delaware but no Mohicans
(c) many white men but no Indians
(d) many Iroquois but no Delaware
4. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
(a) tied to a tree
(b) in a cavern surrounded by plunder
(c) hiding under a bear skin
(d) in a grjoup of Huron women
5. Where does Uncas locate a sign of the group they are pursuing?
(a) near a brook
(b) in a thicket
(c) under an overhang
(d) beside a deer trail
Short Answer Questions
1. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
2. What does Magua use to persuade the chief?
3. What might have kept a Huron around after his tribe departed?
4. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
5. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
2. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
3. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
4. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
5. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
6. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
7. Why is David allowed to roam around unmolested by the Indians?
8. Describe the deaths of Cora, Magua, and Uncas.
9. What causes great excitement and consternation in the Delaware camp?
10. What ruse do Heyward and Hawkeye use to confuse the Delaware?
This section contains 594 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)