|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. After Magua enters, what do Hawkeye and Heyward do with him?
(a) tie and gag him
(b) knock him out
(c) cut his throat
(d) throw him down a canyon
2. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
(a) carry him away
(b) eat him
(c) to take the courage of the prisoner
(d) mark him for life
3. Who shows up at the Delaware camp with open arms?
(c) Gen. Montcalm
4. Where does Hawkeye find Alice?
(a) in a grjoup of Huron women
(b) hiding under a bear skin
(c) in a cavern surrounded by plunder
(d) tied to a tree
5. What is the rumor Tamenund refers to?
(a) that the Iroquois are killing Delaware people
(b) that two Mohicans were still alive
(c) that the Mohicans will rise again
(d) that a white man will become chief of the Mohicans
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Chingachgook declare after Uncas is buried?
2. Why is one of the Huron killed in the camp?
3. Chased by Uncas and the white men, where does Magua go?
4. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
5. Why do the Huron allow David to come and go?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
2. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
3. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
4. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
5. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
6. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
7. Why is David allowed to roam around unmolested by the Indians?
8. Describe the war dance in the Delaware camp.
9. How are Cora and Uncas honored in death?
10. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
This section contains 645 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)