|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Where is Alice Munro?
(a) tied to one of the braves
(b) alone in the forest
(c) with the Huron women about two miles away
(d) in the chief's teepee
2. Who is the large warrior who shows up?
3. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(d) Le Longue Carabine
4. How do they determine which--Heywood or Hawkeye--is Le Longe Carabine?
(a) making Alice identify them
(b) a challenge by Magua
(c) a shooting contest
(d) arm wrestling
5. When Uncas reappears, how does his face look?
(a) painted solid white
(b) painted yellow
(c) painted red
(d) painted half-black
Short Answer Questions
1. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
2. What gave the Huron the idea that David is insane?
3. How does Heywood explain his paint?
4. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
5. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
Short Essay Questions
1. How does Chingachgook turn out to be the last of the Mohicans?
2. What happens that night as the five men stay in the ruins of Fort Henry?
3. What strange event occurs as Heyward is led to a cave to perform medicine cures for a woman possessed of an evil spirit?
4. Why is David allowed to roam around unmolested by the Indians?
5. What do the hunters learn about Cora and Alice?
6. What is the near confrontation between Magua and Chingachgook?
7. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
8. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
9. Explain why the five men use extra caution when leaving Fort Henry the following morning.
10. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
This section contains 576 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)