|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do they know their passage across the lake is discovered?
(a) a white flag flying
(b) the sound of drums
(c) a bullet fired and a shrill yell
(d) a clamor of whooping on an island
2. What is David's cryptic message to Heywood in the cave?
(a) She expects you and is at hand.
(b) She was here yesterday.
(c) She is coming tomorrow.
(d) She has not been here.
3. Who does Magua take with the chief's permission?
4. Where do they discover the footprints of women?
(a) near a stream where they drank
(b) in one small clearing
(c) deep in the worst thicket
(d) in a concealed trail
5. What do the two Huron with Magua start to do?
(a) throw Cora off the cliff
(b) fight over who gets Cora
(c) dump Cora in the river
(d) kill Cora with their tomahawks
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook do to confuse those following them?
2. What keeps the young man safe in the village even though he is a captive.
3. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
4. Who does Magua choose when Hawkeye offers his life for Cora?
5. What resistance does Cora put up?
Short Essay Questions
1. What does Hawkeye, disguised as the bear, propose to do to Uncas?
2. Why does following the horses end in disappointment for the hunters?
3. Describe how Magua gains entry into the Delaware village.
4. How do they smuggle Uncas out of the Huron village?
5. How are Cora and Uncas honored in death?
6. Why does Magua take Alice and not Cora when he leaves the Delaware village?
7. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
8. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
9. What causes great excitement and consternation in the Delaware camp?
10. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
This section contains 656 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)