|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 5 multiple choice questions, 5 short answer questions, and 10 short essay questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who plans to join the war party?
(a) Heyward and David
(b) Heyward and Hawkeye
(c) Alice and Hawkeye
(d) David and Chingachgook
2. How does Heywood speak to the Huron chief?
(a) in Russian
(b) in French
(c) in German
(d) in Huron
3. What is Magua really after?
(a) He wants Cora.
(b) He wants volunteers.
(c) He wants a treaty.
(d) He wants Alice.
4. What does the chief say about Reed that Bends?
(a) He has run away.
(b) He is too young to hunt.
(c) He who was called by that name is forgotten.
(d) He has gone to scout out the enemy.
5. Who does Magua say is in the Delaware camp?
(a) Le Longue Carabine
Short Answer Questions
1. What makes the Huron warriors angry?
2. How does Heywood explain his paint?
3. Why do the Huron allow David to come and go?
4. What choice does Magua give Cora?
5. What does David tell the Huron the bear is going to do to Uncas?
Short Essay Questions
1. Describe the relationship between Chingachgook and his son, Uncas, as seen at the campfire in the ruins of Fort Henry.
2. What does Heyward discover about the bear after everyone else leaves the cave?
3. What saves Uncas from torture and death in the Delaware camp?
4. Tell about the Hurons' response to the Delaware declaration of war.
5. How do the braves discover that Uncas is gone?
6. How does Heyward gain entrance into the Huron camp?
7. What happens as they cross the lake in a canoe?
8. Who are the condemned men being held by the Huron?
9. Explain why the five men use extra caution when leaving Fort Henry the following morning.
10. How do the men locate the trail of the Iroquois in hopes of finding Cora and Alice?
This section contains 610 words
(approx. 3 pages at 300 words per page)