|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
(a) that he translate
(b) that he leave
(c) that he protect the girls
(d) that he go for help
2. What happens to the evacuees from Ft. Henry?
(a) the French open fire
(b) the women and children fall behand
(c) 2000 Indians attack them
(d) they get into quicksand
3. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) knocks him out to keep him quiet
(b) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(c) moves him to the back of the cave
(d) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
4. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Build a big signal fire.
(b) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
(c) Wait until dark to slip away.
(d) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
5. What explains the difference in the complexions of Cora and Alice?
(a) They had different fathers.
(b) Their mother was a product of a white/black union.
(c) They had two different mothers.
(d) They are adopted children.
6. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(a) the undead
7. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they hide behind the Munro girls
(b) they are momentarily immobile
(c) they run off in all directions
(d) they cut Heywood's throat
8. Who are the men out looking for the group?
(a) Delaware from Ft. Edward
(b) Chingachgooks other son
(c) Magua and other Hurons
(d) soldiers from Ft. Henry
9. Who is the man standing outside across the water?
(b) Duncan Heyward
(c) Colonel Munro
(d) David Gamut
10. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
(a) Col. Munro
(b) Prince Henry
(d) Lance Corporal Pettigrew
11. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) Uncas and Chingachgook
(b) two Delaware scouts
(c) Heywood and Gamut
(d) Alice and Cora
12. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
(a) in Canada
(b) in Africa
(c) in Florida
(d) in the West Indies
13. After the Indian ambush, who are out looking for Cora and Alice?
(a) the Mohicans
(b) Montcalm and his men
(c) Uncas and his father, Hawkeye, Munro, and Heyward
(d) soldiers from the garrison
14. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
(a) It has gotten too dark.
(b) They will wait for him to return.
(c) There are probably Iroquois in the area.
(d) They cannot leave the girls alone.
15. What do Cora and Alice believe while in captivity?
(a) that rescue will come
(b) that they will be scalped
(c) that they will be forced to marry an Indian
(d) that they will become slaves
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the joyful event at the fort?
2. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
3. What happens to Cora during the fight?
4. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
5. On their way, what does Heyward continually try to do?
This section contains 564 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)