|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is the joyful event at the fort?
(a) celebration for defeating the French
(b) a square dance
(c) the reunion of the girls with their father
(d) a birthday party for the girls' ather
2. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
(b) Le Longue Carribine
(c) Duncan Heywood
3. What do they place in front of the covering to the back of the cave?
(a) tree branches
(b) bird nests
(c) large rocks
(d) the horses
4. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
(a) an Iroquois squaw
(b) Magua, also called Renard
(c) Hawkeye who returns unexpectedly
(d) Uncas who has doubled back
5. Who discovers them?
(a) a French teacher
(b) a French chef
(c) a French speaking Indian
(d) a French sentinel
6. At what time does Hawkeye wake everyone to resume their trip to Ft. Henry?
(a) around midnight
(b) six in the morning
(c) noon the next day
(d) at first light
7. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) Heywood and Gamut
(b) Uncas and Chingachgook
(c) two Delaware scouts
(d) Alice and Cora
8. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
(a) Chingashgook's pidgin French
(b) Heyward's French accent
(c) Alice's ragged skirts
(d) Cora's perfect French
9. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
(a) around in circles
(b) away from the forts
(c) toward the sea
(d) back toward Ft. Edward
10. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a cave behind a waterfall
(b) a hut inside a briar patch
(c) a clearing behind a large rock
(d) a treehouse in the forest
11. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) He escapes without injury.
(b) Hawkeye kills him.
(c) He is wounded but not caught.
(d) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
12. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
13. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
14. What does Uncas find?
(a) a piece of Alice's veil
(b) Cora's scalp
(c) David's harmonica
(d) Alice's Bible
15. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
(a) in the West Indies
(b) in Africa
(c) in Florida
(d) in Canada
Short Answer Questions
1. How does Cooper describe the setting of the novel?
2. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
3. What prevents an Indian from killing Col. Munro?
4. What does Cora suggest the men do?
5. What is the condition of the messenger?
This section contains 472 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)