Mid-Book Test - Easy
|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
2. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
(a) They are being watched.
(b) They have made a wrong turn.
(c) Fort Henry has been defeated.
(d) They do not have enough provisions.
3. As the group journeys on after the battle with the Hurons, who leads them?
4. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if the ladies will come for a visit
(b) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(c) if he knows the Indian Magua
(d) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
5. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
(a) a Sioux
(b) a Mohawk
(c) a Huron
(d) a Mohican
6. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
(b) large rocks
(c) the horses
(d) nothing, the waterfall covers it
7. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(d) the undead
8. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) renounce her father
(b) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
(c) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
(d) bear him many daughters to sell
9. What is the purpose of Fort Henry and Fort Edward?
(a) coach stations for British travelers
(b) decoys to fool the advancing French army
(c) way stations for British soldiers headed for the front
(d) defense against the invading French
10. Who actually goes to the dinner?
(a) Alice Munro
(b) Duncan Heyward
(c) Colonel Munro
(d) Cora Munro
11. What distresses Uncas?
(a) His quivver is empty.
(b) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
(c) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
(d) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
12. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a clearing behind a large rock
(b) a cave behind a waterfall
(c) a hut inside a briar patch
(d) a treehouse in the forest
13. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
(a) to give them something to eat
(b) to find disguises for the women
(c) to hunt down the Iroquois
(d) to guide them to Ft. Henry
14. What is one thing Col. Munro says he never thought he would see?
(a) His daughters getting married.
(b) A Frenchman too honest to profit by his advantage.
(c) Indians coming to his rescue.
(d) A battle that lasted more than twenty days.
15. What is the joyful event at the fort?
(a) a birthday party for the girls' ather
(b) celebration for defeating the French
(c) the reunion of the girls with their father
(d) a square dance
Short Answer Questions
1. What prevents an Indian from killing Col. Munro?
2. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
3. What is one of the rewards Heyward promises Renard if he helps them?
4. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
5. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
This section contains 550 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)