|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
(a) Fort Henry has been defeated.
(b) They are being watched.
(c) They have made a wrong turn.
(d) They do not have enough provisions.
2. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
(a) pile more branches over the ones already there
(b) sit down to wait
(c) set fire to the tree branches
(d) take a break to eat
3. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) moves him to the back of the cave
(b) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(c) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
(d) knocks him out to keep him quiet
4. How does Magua know the girls' father?
(a) He was once captured by their father.
(b) He joined the Mohawks and served under their father.
(c) He became a slave of their father.
(d) He joined the Delaware and got access to their father.
5. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
6. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
(a) He wounds Heywood.
(b) He runs.
(c) He denies being a traitor.
(d) He draws his knife.
7. Why is Col. Munro dejected as he returns to the fort?
(a) He knows they will all be killed.
(b) He has signed the paper of surrender.
(c) He knows the battle will go on.
(d) He needs to get Cora and Alice out of harm's way.
8. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
(a) large rocks
(b) nothing, the waterfall covers it
(c) the horses
9. Why does Magua hate Cora's father?
(a) He made Magua eat off the floor.
(b) He made Magua do woman's work in the fort.
(c) He had Magua whipped publicly for drunkenness.
(d) He killed Magua's Indian wife.
10. What does Hawkeye recall at a pond?
(a) a fish he caught
(b) a deer he killed
(c) a battle with the French
(d) a camp he once set up
11. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
(a) around in circles
(b) back toward Ft. Edward
(c) toward the sea
(d) away from the forts
12. As the group journeys on after the battle with the Hurons, who leads them?
13. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
14. Who is the Indian waiting with the European?
15. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) Uncas and Chingachgook
(b) two Delaware scouts
(c) Heywood and Gamut
(d) Alice and Cora
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
2. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
3. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
4. Who discovers them?
5. What is the joyful event at the fort?
This section contains 539 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)