|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for talking with the Indian scout
(b) for making too much noise
(c) for not being dressed properly
(d) for trying to join their group
2. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(b) if he knows the Indian Magua
(c) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
(d) if the ladies will come for a visit
3. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
(a) a pack of wolves
(b) Magua with a rifle
(c) mountain lions
(d) five Iroquois
4. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
(a) to guide them to Ft. Henry
(b) to find disguises for the women
(c) to hunt down the Iroquois
(d) to give them something to eat
5. What happens to the evacuees from Ft. Henry?
(a) they get into quicksand
(b) the French open fire
(c) 2000 Indians attack them
(d) the women and children fall behand
6. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
(b) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
(c) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
(d) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
7. What does Cora suggest the men do?
(a) Turn the women over to the Iroquois.
(b) Build a big signal fire.
(c) Leave them in the cave and go by river to seek help.
(d) Wait until dark to slip away.
8. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
(a) pile more branches over the ones already there
(b) sit down to wait
(c) take a break to eat
(d) set fire to the tree branches
9. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
10. What happens to Cora during the fight?
(a) Her shoulder is grazed by an axe.
(b) She is hit in the foot by a bullet.
(c) She catches an arrow in her shoulder.
(d) She is used as a shield by a Huron.
11. On their way, what does Heyward continually try to do?
(a) find a chance to escape
(b) persuade Magua to help them
(c) make markings on their trail
(d) hide the girls in the forest
12. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
(a) his fiance back in England
(b) Cora Munro
(c) Alice Munro
(d) an Indian woman
13. Who is at war as the novel begins?
(a) The British and the Americans
(b) The French and the Indians
(c) The English and the Indians
(d) The English and French
14. What does the strange sound turn out to be?
(a) a goat caught in brambles
(b) an Indian war cry
(c) a horse in pain or terror
(d) a large owl
15. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
(a) that he translate
(b) that he protect the girls
(c) that he leave
(d) that he go for help
Short Answer Questions
1. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
2. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
3. How does Magua know the girls' father?
4. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
5. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
This section contains 560 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)