|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(b) the psalmist
(c) a British sergeant major
(d) an Indian scout
2. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
(a) a Sioux
(b) a Mohican
(c) a Huron
(d) a Mohawk
3. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(b) He is wounded but not caught.
(c) He escapes without injury.
(d) Hawkeye kills him.
4. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
5. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
(a) sit down to wait
(b) set fire to the tree branches
(c) pile more branches over the ones already there
(d) take a break to eat
6. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
(a) that this chase may take a long time
(b) that they cannot follow it far
(c) that they are outnumbered
(d) that it ends in the river
7. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
(a) in the West Indies
(b) in Florida
(c) in Africa
(d) in Canada
8. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
(a) Hawkeye's rifle
(b) his tomakawk
(c) several large stones
(d) a firebrand
9. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
(b) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(c) if the ladies will come for a visit
(d) if he knows the Indian Magua
10. What do Cora and Alice believe while in captivity?
(a) that they will become slaves
(b) that they will be scalped
(c) that they will be forced to marry an Indian
(d) that rescue will come
11. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
(a) General Montcalm
(d) Duncan Heywood
12. What distresses Uncas?
(a) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
(b) His quivver is empty.
(c) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
(d) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
13. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
(a) toward the sea
(b) back toward Ft. Edward
(c) away from the forts
(d) around in circles
14. What do they conclude has frightened the horses?
(b) the Iroquois
(c) a mountain lion
15. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
(b) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
(c) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
(d) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the Indian waiting with the European?
2. What encourages the searchers?
3. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
4. Who are the men out looking for the group?
5. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
This section contains 483 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)