|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
(a) to keep up a constant barrage of gunfire
(b) not to shoot till they can see the whites of their eyes
(c) to keep their heads down
(d) to conserve their shots
2. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
(a) General Montcalm
(d) Duncan Heywood
3. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) renounce her father
(b) bear him many daughters to sell
(c) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
(d) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
4. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
(a) that he go for help
(b) that he leave
(c) that he translate
(d) that he protect the girls
5. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a cave behind a waterfall
(b) a clearing behind a large rock
(c) a treehouse in the forest
(d) a hut inside a briar patch
6. How does Magua know the girls' father?
(a) He was once captured by their father.
(b) He joined the Delaware and got access to their father.
(c) He became a slave of their father.
(d) He joined the Mohawks and served under their father.
7. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
(a) He denies being a traitor.
(b) He wounds Heywood.
(c) He draws his knife.
(d) He runs.
8. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(b) the undead
9. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they are momentarily immobile
(b) they cut Heywood's throat
(c) they run off in all directions
(d) they hide behind the Munro girls
10. Who is the man standing outside across the water?
(a) Colonel Munro
(c) Duncan Heyward
(d) David Gamut
11. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
(a) that it ends in the river
(b) that they are outnumbered
(c) that this chase may take a long time
(d) that they cannot follow it far
12. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
(a) make dummies dressed in their clothes to appear asleep
(b) climb a tree
(c) stand under the waterfall
(d) hide in the cave
13. On their way, what does Heyward continually try to do?
(a) hide the girls in the forest
(b) make markings on their trail
(c) find a chance to escape
(d) persuade Magua to help them
14. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
15. What prevents an Indian from killing Col. Munro?
(a) a shot by Hawkeye
(b) a shot by Uncas
(c) a shot by General Montcalm
(d) a shot by Duncan Heyward
Short Answer Questions
1. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
2. Where do they stop to rest?
3. Who are the men out looking for the group?
4. After Magua gets away for a second time, what happens to the dead Hurons?
5. What is Hawkeye's problem during the battle?
This section contains 549 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)