|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
(a) headed first in the wrong direction to confuse the Iroquois
(b) floating down the river
(c) Uncas alone and Hawkeye and Chingachgook together
(d) separately, walking along the banks of the river
2. What does Uncas find?
(a) Alice's Bible
(b) Cora's scalp
(c) a piece of Alice's veil
(d) David's harmonica
3. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
(a) to give them something to eat
(b) to guide them to Ft. Henry
(c) to find disguises for the women
(d) to hunt down the Iroquois
4. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(b) the undead
5. As the group journeys on after the battle with the Hurons, who leads them?
6. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
(a) to conserve their shots
(b) not to shoot till they can see the whites of their eyes
(c) to keep up a constant barrage of gunfire
(d) to keep their heads down
7. After the Indian ambush, who are out looking for Cora and Alice?
(a) Montcalm and his men
(b) the Mohicans
(c) Uncas and his father, Hawkeye, Munro, and Heyward
(d) soldiers from the garrison
8. At what time does Hawkeye wake everyone to resume their trip to Ft. Henry?
(a) noon the next day
(b) six in the morning
(c) around midnight
(d) at first light
9. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for not being dressed properly
(b) for making too much noise
(c) for talking with the Indian scout
(d) for trying to join their group
10. What do they conclude has frightened the horses?
(a) the Iroquois
(d) a mountain lion
11. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
(a) Alice's ragged skirts
(b) Cora's perfect French
(c) Chingashgook's pidgin French
(d) Heyward's French accent
12. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
13. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
(a) Montcalm's army is firing on the forts.
(b) All is quiet on the western front.
(c) The fort is being burned to the ground.
(d) The fort has been abandoned.
14. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
(a) Cora Munro
(b) Alice Munro
(c) an Indian woman
(d) his fiance back in England
15. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they run off in all directions
(b) they hide behind the Munro girls
(c) they cut Heywood's throat
(d) they are momentarily immobile
Short Answer Questions
1. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
2. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
3. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
4. How many people march out of Ft. Henry?
5. What is one thing Col. Munro says he never thought he would see?
This section contains 495 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)