|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Who is invited to dinner at the French camp under a flag of truce?
(a) Duncan Heyward
(b) Alice Munro
(c) Colonel Munro
(d) Cora Munro
2. What prevents an Indian from killing Col. Munro?
(a) a shot by General Montcalm
(b) a shot by Uncas
(c) a shot by Duncan Heyward
(d) a shot by Hawkeye
3. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(a) the psalmist
(b) an Indian scout
(d) a British sergeant major
4. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
(a) to give them something to eat
(b) to find disguises for the women
(c) to guide them to Ft. Henry
(d) to hunt down the Iroquois
5. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
(a) in Florida
(b) in the West Indies
(c) in Africa
(d) in Canada
6. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) knocks him out to keep him quiet
(b) moves him to the back of the cave
(c) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
(d) cuts the arrow out of his leg
7. How many people march out of Ft. Henry?
(a) over thirty
(b) over three thousand
(c) over three hundred
(d) over one thousand
8. Who discovers them?
(a) a French chef
(b) a French teacher
(c) a French speaking Indian
(d) a French sentinel
9. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they are momentarily immobile
(b) they run off in all directions
(c) they cut Heywood's throat
(d) they hide behind the Munro girls
10. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
(b) Duncan Heywood
(c) General Montcalm
11. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
(a) Fort Henry has been defeated.
(b) They have made a wrong turn.
(c) They do not have enough provisions.
(d) They are being watched.
12. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
13. What is the condition of the messenger?
(a) His arm is broken.
(b) His head is bandaged.
(c) His hands are bound.
(d) His shirt is bloody.
14. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
(a) pile more branches over the ones already there
(b) set fire to the tree branches
(c) take a break to eat
(d) sit down to wait
15. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if the ladies will come for a visit
(b) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(c) if he knows the Indian Magua
(d) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
Short Answer Questions
1. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
2. How does Magua know the girls' father?
3. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
4. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
5. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
This section contains 520 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)