|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(b) He is wounded but not caught.
(c) Hawkeye kills him.
(d) He escapes without injury.
2. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
(a) the Siminole
(b) the girls and Maj. Heyward
(c) the Iroquois
(d) the Marquis of Montcalm
3. How many people march out of Ft. Henry?
(a) over one thousand
(b) over three thousand
(c) over three hundred
(d) over thirty
4. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for trying to join their group
(b) for making too much noise
(c) for not being dressed properly
(d) for talking with the Indian scout
5. What happens to the evacuees from Ft. Henry?
(a) they get into quicksand
(b) 2000 Indians attack them
(c) the women and children fall behand
(d) the French open fire
6. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
(a) Uncas alone and Hawkeye and Chingachgook together
(b) separately, walking along the banks of the river
(c) headed first in the wrong direction to confuse the Iroquois
(d) floating down the river
7. What distresses Uncas?
(a) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
(b) His quivver is empty.
(c) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
(d) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
8. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
9. What is the joyful event at the fort?
(a) a birthday party for the girls' ather
(b) a square dance
(c) the reunion of the girls with their father
(d) celebration for defeating the French
10. What advice does Hawkeye give as they battle the Iroquois?
(a) to conserve their shots
(b) to keep up a constant barrage of gunfire
(c) not to shoot till they can see the whites of their eyes
(d) to keep their heads down
11. Who are the men out looking for the group?
(a) Chingachgooks other son
(b) soldiers from Ft. Henry
(c) Delaware from Ft. Edward
(d) Magua and other Hurons
12. What does Heywood demand of Renard?
(a) that he go for help
(b) that he protect the girls
(c) that he leave
(d) that he translate
13. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(b) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
(c) if he knows the Indian Magua
(d) if the ladies will come for a visit
14. Who is invited to dinner at the French camp under a flag of truce?
(a) Colonel Munro
(b) Duncan Heyward
(c) Alice Munro
(d) Cora Munro
15. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
(b) Le Longue Carribine
(c) Duncan Heywood
Short Answer Questions
1. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
2. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
3. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
4. What do they conclude has frightened the horses?
5. Led captive by the Iroquois and Renard, which way do they travel?
This section contains 523 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)