|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) renounce her father
(b) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
(c) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
(d) bear him many daughters to sell
2. Who is at war as the novel begins?
(a) The British and the Americans
(b) The English and French
(c) The English and the Indians
(d) The French and the Indians
3. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
4. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
(a) a Mohawk
(b) a Huron
(c) a Mohican
(d) a Sioux
5. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
(b) if the ladies will come for a visit
(c) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(d) if he knows the Indian Magua
6. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
(b) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
(c) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
(d) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
7. What is Hawkeye's problem during the battle?
(a) He sprains his ankle.
(b) He slips on a wet rock.
(c) He loses his eyeglasses.
(d) He runs out of ammunition.
8. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
(b) moves him to the back of the cave
(c) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(d) knocks him out to keep him quiet
9. How does Magua know the girls' father?
(a) He joined the Delaware and got access to their father.
(b) He became a slave of their father.
(c) He was once captured by their father.
(d) He joined the Mohawks and served under their father.
10. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
(a) his fiance back in England
(b) Alice Munro
(c) Cora Munro
(d) an Indian woman
11. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
(a) that it ends in the river
(b) that they are outnumbered
(c) that they cannot follow it far
(d) that this chase may take a long time
12. What does Uncas find?
(a) Alice's Bible
(b) a piece of Alice's veil
(c) David's harmonica
(d) Cora's scalp
13. What do Heywood and his party not realize?
(a) They do not have enough provisions.
(b) They are being watched.
(c) Fort Henry has been defeated.
(d) They have made a wrong turn.
14. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
(a) headed first in the wrong direction to confuse the Iroquois
(b) floating down the river
(c) separately, walking along the banks of the river
(d) Uncas alone and Hawkeye and Chingachgook together
15. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
(a) when the moon is high
(b) at high noon
(c) two days later
(d) just before dawn
Short Answer Questions
1. Who is the person the Huron immediately suspect killed their comrade?
2. What happens to the treacherous guide?
3. What is the suggestion in the letter from Gen. Webb?
4. Who is invited to dinner at the French camp under a flag of truce?
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
This section contains 563 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)