|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(b) knocks him out to keep him quiet
(c) moves him to the back of the cave
(d) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
2. Who discovers them?
(a) a French teacher
(b) a French speaking Indian
(c) a French chef
(d) a French sentinel
3. At what time does Hawkeye wake everyone to resume their trip to Ft. Henry?
(a) around midnight
(b) six in the morning
(c) noon the next day
(d) at first light
4. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
(a) He draws his knife.
(b) He denies being a traitor.
(c) He runs.
(d) He wounds Heywood.
5. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
(b) Duncan Heywood
(c) General Montcalm
6. Why does Magua hate Cora's father?
(a) He made Magua eat off the floor.
(b) He had Magua whipped publicly for drunkenness.
(c) He made Magua do woman's work in the fort.
(d) He killed Magua's Indian wife.
7. Who is the man of European stock waiting a few miles westward of Heyward and the Munro girls?
(a) Col. Munro
(b) Lance Corporal Pettigrew
(c) Prince Henry
8. What is Magua's background?
(a) the son of a Huron chief
(b) a renegade from the Seminole
(c) a foundling raised by the Delaware
(d) a warrior of the Sioux
9. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
(a) a sound that no one can identify.
(b) Hawkeye tells him to be quiet
(c) a rockslide outside the cave
(d) the horses splashing in the pool
10. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a treehouse in the forest
(b) a clearing behind a large rock
(c) a hut inside a briar patch
(d) a cave behind a waterfall
11. Who has pursued the Indians and their captives?
12. Who is the man standing outside across the water?
(a) Colonel Munro
(b) Duncan Heyward
(c) David Gamut
13. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
(a) Hawkeye who returns unexpectedly
(b) Uncas who has doubled back
(c) Magua, also called Renard
(d) an Iroquois squaw
14. What threat is spotted by Hawkeye near a waterfall?
(a) mountain lions
(b) five Iroquois
(c) a pack of wolves
(d) Magua with a rifle
15. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) He is wounded but not caught.
(b) Hawkeye kills him.
(c) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(d) He escapes without injury.
Short Answer Questions
1. What does the strange sound turn out to be?
2. On their way, what does Heyward continually try to do?
3. Who does Uncas say are hiding in the woods?
4. What do Cora and Alice believe while in captivity?
5. What happens to Heyward when he tries to defend Alice?
This section contains 515 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)