|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What happens to Cora during the fight?
(a) She is used as a shield by a Huron.
(b) Her shoulder is grazed by an axe.
(c) She is hit in the foot by a bullet.
(d) She catches an arrow in her shoulder.
2. Where did Munro meet the girls' mother?
(a) in Africa
(b) in the West Indies
(c) in Canada
(d) in Florida
3. How is Heyward nearly wounded?
(a) by a tomahawk
(b) by a bullet near his head
(c) by a knife in hand to hand combat
(d) by a glancing arrow
4. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
(a) floating down the river
(b) Uncas alone and Hawkeye and Chingachgook together
(c) separately, walking along the banks of the river
(d) headed first in the wrong direction to confuse the Iroquois
5. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
(b) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
(c) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
(d) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
6. What prevents an Indian from killing Col. Munro?
(a) a shot by General Montcalm
(b) a shot by Hawkeye
(c) a shot by Duncan Heyward
(d) a shot by Uncas
7. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
(a) He draws his knife.
(b) He runs.
(c) He wounds Heywood.
(d) He denies being a traitor.
8. What does Montcalm want to know from his guest?
(a) if he knows the Indian Magua
(b) if the ladies will come for a visit
(c) if he has come to discuss terms of surrender
(d) if Ft. Henry has plenty of supplies
9. Who are the men out looking for the group?
(a) Magua and other Hurons
(b) soldiers from Ft. Henry
(c) Chingachgooks other son
(d) Delaware from Ft. Edward
10. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
(a) that it ends in the river
(b) that this chase may take a long time
(c) that they are outnumbered
(d) that they cannot follow it far
11. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for not being dressed properly
(b) for talking with the Indian scout
(c) for making too much noise
(d) for trying to join their group
12. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
(b) an Indian scout
(c) the psalmist
(d) a British sergeant major
13. After the Indian ambush, who are out looking for Cora and Alice?
(a) the Mohicans
(b) Montcalm and his men
(c) Uncas and his father, Hawkeye, Munro, and Heyward
(d) soldiers from the garrison
14. What is the joyful event at the fort?
(a) the reunion of the girls with their father
(b) celebration for defeating the French
(c) a square dance
(d) a birthday party for the girls' ather
15. How does Magua know the girls' father?
(a) He joined the Mohawks and served under their father.
(b) He became a slave of their father.
(c) He was once captured by their father.
(d) He joined the Delaware and got access to their father.
Short Answer Questions
1. What happens to the treacherous guide?
2. Who spots the four hiding in the back of the cave?
3. What caused Magua's downfall
4. Who is described as possessing muscular features?
5. Who does Heyward wish to marry?
This section contains 547 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)