|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
2. What saves them from the Frenchman who discovers them?
(a) Heyward's French accent
(b) Alice's ragged skirts
(c) Chingashgook's pidgin French
(d) Cora's perfect French
3. Four days after Heywood and the girls enter Fort Henry, who is led to the fort?
4. Who immediately join in the fight with the Hurons?
(a) Uncas and Chingachgook
(b) Heywood and Gamut
(c) two Delaware scouts
(d) Alice and Cora
5. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(b) the undead
6. What does Uncas find?
(a) Alice's Bible
(b) David's harmonica
(c) Cora's scalp
(d) a piece of Alice's veil
7. What do the men realize as they study the trail?
(a) that they cannot follow it far
(b) that they are outnumbered
(c) that it ends in the river
(d) that this chase may take a long time
8. Why is Heyward convinced not to pursue Magua?
(a) It has gotten too dark.
(b) They will wait for him to return.
(c) There are probably Iroquois in the area.
(d) They cannot leave the girls alone.
9. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
(a) when the moon is high
(b) two days later
(c) at high noon
(d) just before dawn
10. What happens as the Huron see one of their group fall dead?
(a) they hide behind the Munro girls
(b) they cut Heywood's throat
(c) they run off in all directions
(d) they are momentarily immobile
11. What does Magua want Cora to do after becoming his wife?
(a) bake his bread and tuck him in at night
(b) renounce her father
(c) bear him many daughters to sell
(d) draw his water, hoe his corn, and cook his venison
12. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for making too much noise
(b) for talking with the Indian scout
(c) for not being dressed properly
(d) for trying to join their group
13. What do the Iroquois do in the outer cave?
(a) pile more branches over the ones already there
(b) set fire to the tree branches
(c) sit down to wait
(d) take a break to eat
14. Who is the lone man making his way to the outskirts of the French camp?
(a) Duncan Heywood
(d) General Montcalm
15. How is Heyward nearly wounded?
(a) by a bullet near his head
(b) by a tomahawk
(c) by a knife in hand to hand combat
(d) by a glancing arrow
Short Answer Questions
1. What is happening when they finally near the fort?
2. What does Uncas take to ward off wolves?
3. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
4. What does Cora suggest the men do?
5. What does the strange sound turn out to be?
This section contains 512 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)