|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. How does Magua know the girls' father?
(a) He became a slave of their father.
(b) He joined the Delaware and got access to their father.
(c) He was once captured by their father.
(d) He joined the Mohawks and served under their father.
2. Who is invited to dinner at the French camp under a flag of truce?
(a) Cora Munro
(b) Duncan Heyward
(c) Colonel Munro
(d) Alice Munro
3. Why does Heyward reprimand the Psalmist?
(a) for trying to join their group
(b) for making too much noise
(c) for talking with the Indian scout
(d) for not being dressed properly
4. What is the secret place where Hawkeye, Chingachgook and Uncas take the major and the Munro girls?
(a) a clearing behind a large rock
(b) a hut inside a briar patch
(c) a treehouse in the forest
(d) a cave behind a waterfall
5. When does the group prepare to move away from the blockhouse?
(a) at high noon
(b) just before dawn
(c) when the moon is high
(d) two days later
6. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) moves him to the back of the cave
(b) knocks him out to keep him quiet
(c) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(d) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
7. What is it that Hawkeye fears?
(b) the undead
8. What distresses Uncas?
(a) Chingachgook is shot in the arm.
(b) He sees a Huron stealing the canoe.
(c) His quivver is empty.
(d) He knows the Iroquois have spotted the girls.
9. What happens to Heyward when he tries to defend Alice?
(a) He is shot.
(b) His hands are bound.
(c) He is made to take Alice's place.
(d) He is knocked unconscious.
10. What do they use over the entrance to the back of the cave?
(a) large rocks
(b) the horses
(c) nothing, the waterfall covers it
11. On their way, what does Heyward continually try to do?
(a) find a chance to escape
(b) persuade Magua to help them
(c) make markings on their trail
(d) hide the girls in the forest
12. What is Magua's background?
(a) the son of a Huron chief
(b) a warrior of the Sioux
(c) a foundling raised by the Delaware
(d) a renegade from the Seminole
13. What do Cora and Alice believe while in captivity?
(a) that they will become slaves
(b) that they will be forced to marry an Indian
(c) that rescue will come
(d) that they will be scalped
14. Why does Magua hate Cora's father?
(a) He had Magua whipped publicly for drunkenness.
(b) He made Magua do woman's work in the fort.
(c) He made Magua eat off the floor.
(d) He killed Magua's Indian wife.
15. Who in the group does not sleep in the cave that night?
(a) Alice, Cora, and Heyward
(b) Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas
(c) Gamut, Alice, and Hawkeye
(d) Heywood, Hawkeye, and Uncas
Short Answer Questions
1. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
2. What happens when Heywood confronts the guide?
3. Who does Maj. Heyward elect to lead him and the young Munro women to Fort Henry?
4. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
5. Where do they stop to rest?
This section contains 545 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)