|Name: _________________________||Period: ___________________|
This test consists of 15 multiple choice questions and 5 short answer questions.
Multiple Choice Questions
1. What is one of the rewards Heyward promises Renard if he helps them?
(a) ten horses
(b) a trip to England
(c) a river of firewater
(d) Cora as his wife
2. What happens to Cora during the fight?
(a) She is used as a shield by a Huron.
(b) She is hit in the foot by a bullet.
(c) Her shoulder is grazed by an axe.
(d) She catches an arrow in her shoulder.
3. Who is at war as the novel begins?
(a) The French and the Indians
(b) The English and French
(c) The English and the Indians
(d) The British and the Americans
4. Who discovers them?
(a) a French teacher
(b) a French speaking Indian
(c) a French chef
(d) a French sentinel
5. What does Heyward do with the wounded David Gamut?
(a) ties a gag over his mouth to conceal his groans
(b) knocks him out to keep him quiet
(c) cuts the arrow out of his leg
(d) moves him to the back of the cave
6. As what do the hunters identify Heywood's guide?
(a) a Mohican
(b) a Huron
(c) a Sioux
(d) a Mohawk
7. What happens to Heyward when he tries to defend Alice?
(a) He is made to take Alice's place.
(b) He is knocked unconscious.
(c) He is shot.
(d) His hands are bound.
8. What request does Heyward make of Hawkeye, Chingachgook, and Uncas?
(a) to guide them to Ft. Henry
(b) to find disguises for the women
(c) to hunt down the Iroquois
(d) to give them something to eat
9. After the men leave, what do Cora and Alice do?
(a) climb a tree
(b) hide in the cave
(c) make dummies dressed in their clothes to appear asleep
(d) stand under the waterfall
10. Who comes across the Indian scout and the hunter?
(a) the Iroquois
(b) the Marquis of Montcalm
(c) the girls and Maj. Heyward
(d) the Siminole
11. What happens to the treacherous guide?
(a) Uncas gets him with an arrow.
(b) He escapes without injury.
(c) Hawkeye kills him.
(d) He is wounded but not caught.
12. Who are the men out looking for the group?
(a) soldiers from Ft. Henry
(b) Chingachgooks other son
(c) Delaware from Ft. Edward
(d) Magua and other Hurons
13. What is the suggestion in the letter from Gen. Webb?
(a) that troops are on the way
(b) that the Mohicans are coming to their rescue
(c) that Ft. Henry surrender
(d) that the French are surrendering
14. How do Hawkeye, Uncas, and Chingachgook leave to find help?
(a) Uncas alone and Hawkeye and Chingachgook together
(b) separately, walking along the banks of the river
(c) headed first in the wrong direction to confuse the Iroquois
(d) floating down the river
15. At what time does Hawkeye wake everyone to resume their trip to Ft. Henry?
(a) around midnight
(b) noon the next day
(c) six in the morning
(d) at first light
Short Answer Questions
1. What is the message for Ft. Henry?
2. What does one of the Huron threaten to do to Alice?
3. What interrupts David Gamut's song in the cave?
4. Leaving the safety of the thicket, what do they hear?
5. What does Cora suggest the men do?
This section contains 569 words
(approx. 2 pages at 300 words per page)